)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

The world's greatest quote

Go down 
+14
Danek
Grimlore
Spartacat
Commander Bacara
Lelouch
BlueNinja
Phoenix
Ajunta Pall
Xasomur
Battledroidlover
Lord_Draco
nastY
sebbat
Pipsquid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The best quote is...
Cogito ergo sum(I think, therefore I am)-Rene Descartes.
The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote1020%The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
Just because we all sit in the same boat, we should be damned glad, that we dont stand on the same side.-Ersnt Festl
The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote1010%The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote11
 10% [ 1 ]
Lady Nancy Astor @ Winston Churchill. If you were my husband i would put poison in your coffee!;Winston replies My dear Nancy, if you were my wife, i would drink it!
The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote1010%The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote11
 10% [ 1 ]
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.- George Patton
The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote1020%The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
With great power, comes great responsibility.
The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote1040%The world's greatest quote - Page 2 I_vote11
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is something simple, for all of us to do. Basically, i want everyone to post one or two of their favorite quotes. It can be from anything. Then, We will pick 5 of the best and have them have a faceoff in a poll to see who is the winner.

Format: "(Quote)" -(Author)

Let me start ^^:

"I see no god up here" -Yuri Gagarin (He was an astronaut, so when he got into space, he said that frase)

"Vivir, solo cuesta vida" -Los Redondos

Have fun and may the best quote win Very Happy

Last edited by Pipsquid on Mon 19 Apr 2010, 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:10 am

Roger,Roger! - a random battle droid xD

Please don't surrender! - General Grievous

Obi want:You will never take me alive.
Grievous:I don't plan too.
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 10:36 am

mereel wrote:
The greatest quote of ALL time is in my sig:

And I am sad to say a lot of people misunderstand the meaning of this quote. No one realizes how true it is, and how powerful these words are. Sad really. :/

anybody who's seen the Spiderman movie (like me Very Happy) or read the comics know this one well mereel

and admins (or future admins) should take this one well >Smile in mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:30 pm

"Isaac unleashes Mold!
Doom dragon, stop hitting yourself!" -golden sun: the lost age

The game, like any rpg will explain everything that happens in battle.

When you unleash the Djinni mold, he causes the enemy to hit themself. This is hilarious when used on the final boss. Very Happy

"Innkeeper: What? You want to sleep at my place?
Isaac: Yes.
Innkeeper: You got to be kidding me. Go sleep in your own home!!"

Another good bit of Dialog from golden sun.

Mereel wrote:
The greatest quote of ALL time is in my sig:

And I am sad to say a lot of people misunderstand the meaning of this quote. No one realizes how true it is, and how powerful these words are. Sad really. :/

I love that quote, it is among my most favorite ones. Ever since I first heard it, it stuck with me.
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 11:57 pm

Mereel we just left that quote for you to say. xD But it's not that we don't understand it, I certainly agree with all I'm reading nowadays with corrupt leaders in Classical Europe and so on.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:26 am

classical europe?
whats that? xD
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 5:03 am

I wasn't talking about you guys. xD

I just mean people in general. Like Obama cough cough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 7:55 am

Lmaoooooooooooooo go Mereel xDD

And Xaso I meant like the Classical Age, the time period. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:46 am

and when was this classsical age?
we dont have this term of european history xD
just give me an idea of which time it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:10 pm

the time is 8:00
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:29 pm

Grim -__-

The Classical Era include around 1750-1820, which actually made my earlier statement a bit inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:46 pm

BlueNinja wrote:
Grim -__-

The Classical Era include around 1750-1820, which actually made my earlier statement a bit inaccurate.

ik i was joking sorry Laughing

heh Classical Era is after the Renissiance right? confused
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 2:21 pm

Correct.

And Karma for Pip for coming up with awesome topics :DD
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 2:25 pm

Woot woot, karma for me Very Happy

On sunday I will pick the 5 best quotes from here and put them up in a poll cheers
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 2:47 pm

Surprised

Then I must come up with more quotes! o/
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 3:21 pm

"BUT I NEED MONEY!" -kind, old cashier guy working at university food court whom I watched get caught trying to steal money out of the cash register.

<div style="color: transparent;">lol</div>

Last edited by NickdeClaw on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 3:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 3:22 pm

LOL NICK XD
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 9:53 pm

BlueNinja wrote:
Grim -__-

ok Smile
yes we call that period "classic" as well. but its no historical term, only an art-epochal term. but we have a very close view on it, because it is the msot important age of arts in german culture.
and we use it as a german term only.
because the classic age of literature is called weimar classic. because the only classic writers are goethe, schiller, herder, wieland and they all lived in or near weimar.
the classical age of music is called wien classic, because wien was the center of music in that age, and again its a german foucessed term, because the musicians are mostly german, or at least german speaking, or german self-estimating: haydn, mozart and beethoven.
maybe the wiener classic has a european character, but its german focussed, and the literature is even more.

rest europe is different. and isnt called classic. a political and philosphical oriented age is called enlightenment, which itself lasts until the french revolution, but its direct heritage is obvious until 1848/49. but enlightenment is a far bigger period then (starting early as well)
another term, fitting for whole europe and the time you said is classicism (so: calassicistic and not classical but my dictionary says it should be neo-classical, but we never say neo classical, to describe the age of classicism)
its a term describing the rediscovery of ancient times. just like renaissance did as well. though classicism is a quite architecture-focussed term, it suits what you said most.

european classical ages was confusing me for another several reasons as well, besides that the age you mean is quite german focused to me.
there are 100 classical ages xD and they are all more european. for example the acnient times (greece and rome) are called classical age. but to not get confused we call it mostly antiquity
and every other age has a classic part. even literature of the medieval is called classic.

well... i am babbling...^^
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 10:03 pm

Historical Xaso, nice ^^
I wish i had YOU as my history teacher ._.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 10:20 pm

lol xD
then move over to germany in 3 years... i wil lbe a history teacher xD
(but that text wasnt really interesting... actually i dont like speaking about terms and words... i rather talk about developements and relations ^^ teh BIG context xD
but over all telling stories... <--- dis is most interesting)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

This quote is seen on the screen that appears upon completing the research for Ultra Life Support in Galactic Civilizations 2.

"Rejected marketing slogans for this technology: "We support life. Do you? Would you like to?" and "We don't discriminate. We support life of all kinds." and "Buy this or die!" -Galactic Civilizations 2
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 8:11 am

Yes I know the background behind the name Xaso, I'm just referring to the time period with that name ^^'
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 10:18 am

Quote :
"So you were the little woman that wrote the book that started this war!"

-Abraham Lincoln to Harriet Stowe,Author of Uncle Tom's Cabin
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 10:35 am

BlueNinja wrote:
Yes I know the background behind the name Xaso, I'm just referring to the time period with that name ^^'

good... actually that post was just for myself ^^ i miss actually TALKING about history. at university you only 1. listen or 2. write or 3. hold a speech. but there is no free talking... discussing about something...
there are only few possibilities to discuss... but its only 1 curse per semester... so only 1 theme... its just not enough xD
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 11:21 am

Lol it's okay, I enjoy history quite a bit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010, 12:16 pm

Quote :
"I heard the bullets whistle past and i believe there is something charming about the sound"

~George Washington, 1st President of United States of America~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The world's greatest quote
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next