)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Go down 
+7
Danek
Cibbicom
Purplez
mereel
Ajunta Pall
BlueNinja
Xasomur
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:38 am

i watched this film now... twice... and its amazing (it pwns star wars, and is at least equal to lotr)

so... i see an obsession coming ^^

so i wanted to ask u, as maybe some real gamers are between u: what is DRM exactly?
i am thinking about buying the game to the movie... but it has this "DRM"...
i know thats a kind of control and restriction, but does it mean, that i can play the game only for some weeks... or can only activate it 100 times or what?

some general help pls...
(and keep the off-topic pls after i decided to buy it or not !)
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

Lol, well, since this game came out before the movie was out for a while, it probably means they couldn't put too much money into it. And from my experiences, video games that mock movies are never that good except spider man, which I like mostly because you can swing all over the place and free run and all that ^^
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:52 am

i said: obsession is coming... i have some crap star wars games over here too...^^ i dont really care about its content (i read totally contradicting things too... though... just help me out with DRM)
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 12:17 pm

Dude, you should wait a bit, cuz it's being costing 70€. or try to dl it, but don't buy. Or, dl the movie and watch it several time each time you want to play it, my best advice.
Also, avatar is nice to watch in 3d, but it's not a such good movie :
- the main scen of the movie is tooken from Dance with wolfs with kevin cosner
- many vehicles are tooken from halo and starcraft :
* The golhiat is tooken from starcraft :
Avatar : avatar - buy the game? Jouet-vehicule-avatar-300x235 = starcraft : avatar - buy the game? Sc_chronicles_goliath
* The flying ship :
avatar : avatar - buy the game? Jouet-vehicule-avatar-2-300x215 = halo : avatar - buy the game? Halo-3-vehicule-flying-hornet-controle-infrarouge-
* The na'vi s are much inspired by elves from lotr, because of leaving in forest, and the rangers stuffs.
* The idealogy of constant energetic flux between na'vi s and the nature and their god is tooken from the book Fondation of Isaac asimov, where a planet called gaia has exaclty this system : all living and not living bodys of the planet are related by an energetic flux, what makes them share everything.
* The big ship where the acid bomb should have been droped is tooken from halo :avatar - buy the game? Sc34small It's just bigger in avatar.

i could quote more stuffs again, but it's enough i guess =)

Whatever, the compile gives a result not too bad, so it's ok.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:29 pm

hehe aju.. u fallen to those critics... u know what? fuck that!

just imagine that: 2000 years ago u saw things in theatre with themes u knew to 100% before. as it is the WAY and not the aim... so i dont care where this all is "stolen"... since im done with school... and studying now (which was both related to much much lecture and stuff) NO film any suprsises me by plot. NOT ANY... the ONLY thing i hope is, that what the film does is stolen good...

u should not ask, how good is the plot, u should ask how good is it made up in the film in the end?! and u will see, this is just incredible. not only the technique... no-one has to talk about that, everyone is in common with that. and i dont talk about the music... u have james horner... and if cameron wouldnt have get horner, he would have got zimmer, or williams... he gets everyone he wants...
I talk about variety and emotionality! he may have stolen many things of dance with wolves, but he stole from like 100 stories and made up the best mix i could imagine... i mean mixing strawberry and ketchup sucks... but he made the best milk shake ever drunk!

besides his many steals of images, as u ahve seen many things before like the helicopters of halo, which i dont see as so problematic, halo is great game with great design... why to invent that again? why to make something new that has to taste the same? i mean... if there are strawberries, why to make somethign that tastes like it too? u can mix the real strawberry with chocolate then.

so beside that the things of the content are stolen by many many things as i said... i saw much matrix in it, and pocahontas, call me joe, dont froget the oldies the emerald forest and at play in the field of the lord and many more, as u have seen the story of the one has to get reputation in a new ambiente like million times before, and as u ahve seen before that the teacher falls in love with the apprentice, as u have seen this anticipated betrayal before and many many things. and when u blame this film for have stolen, u would have blame every film for doin that, as i ahve sawn it all in ancient themes before... only those issues with the destrucion of the nature is not ancient, but nothing new now...
and even if u say he has stolen too much, i dont see it as a failure, but as a virtue: who can steal so much without getting lost: at no point of the film u will have the feeling that that special scene doesnt fit, or that some actions of the protagonists aren't understandable... it just fits, so i wont blame someone fo stealing!

i praise him for making this old stuff incredibly emotional and suspend... at no second of the film u think that it could have been faster... and that over 160 minutes... even lotr has some scenes, that are enjoyable on the one hand, but are a little bit stretching, which comes from the book, which has many stratching parts... u can take that in lotr, because in every of those scenes happens something funny, or something important for the plot... but in avatar, there is not a scene which isnt suspend TOO...

but create continous suspens is not the masterpiece, many movies can do that... but many of them dont touch u. and i was touched several times, as these tragedies, all predictable, happen... u cannot really fight the sadness. and that is because the plot, and the characters are very catchy, even if u cannot identify with them.
Who didnt know from the first second on, as you saw the home-tree, that its gonna be destroyed? but as it happened, i was touched. who didnt know, from the first second on that the titanic will sink? i wasnt touched there... even if its cameron too... i was glad to see winslet and dicaprio dying ^^... so he failed at charactere painting in titanic i would say... just as example, but here u get connections to all of them.
and then, everyhing creates emotion in the end.

now tell me: old stuff... all seen before... and still touched? and than its not so good?

when i drink my first pasta i was amazed... and i will always like to eat pasta... but there are still good pastas and bad ones. i am glad to see, that cooks stealing the good recipes as it will be more delicious... and now someone shall create me a better pasta than all i ate before... hard not? its easy to bring me another food which is delicous... but making a better pasta? this is the hard one... and this film is best pasta i ever watched ^^

btw... as i am studying languages... i guess u did not notice, but the language of the na'vi is also stolen by all alnguages... vulnerías ti deía... the wounds i gave u... which is latin/spanish/italian... u just have to listen carefully and u will notice those things: the syntax is ancient greek in the speeches they hold: contrasts are expressed by ta..., ta... (o)u, which u can find very similar in ancient greek. but the pronounciation of the words was created like the ones of the native americans... as u have many " ' " which makes a break of breath inside a word: tsu'tey and na'vi
i think its more interesting than something to blame ^^

yea... i just wondered that u didnt blame at least the cournel for having shit texts... u may think that, if u want to find something to blame in this movie... but u should think about those things befor pointing at them: it is a parody... i cannot imagine how someone (which u didnt... but as i am writning now i can add this) can think, that this one is a SERIOUSLY meant character... he isnt there for any emotional movement... like most of the other, he is there to be pointed with the finger: that moron... and that doesnt express only by what he does... becuase he can always have had his reasons... but it is expressed by what he says... and how he says it... he is a cliché

and that was blandly used, as this film has its actual content of the climate destruction. the cournel is the finest way of showing the idioty of the (omg i get political... so no offense here intended at any american) worldwide, but lead by america, policy towards climate... and war. beside all this emotional stuff, and the suffering characteres, u ahve this one guy collecting all the wrongs of our thinkin... and that makes that figure genius.
similar to the scientist, acted by sigourney weaver... you can always see her concerned about the biological processes and stuff... but as she is in the end PRO-na'vi she needs a more filigrane character painting... and thats what she had: you see her as someone who does support the na'vi, but as someone who does not understand them really... seeing them scientificly... and that doesnt really help them...

so now... see my point of view... ^^ this movie just convinced me 100%... and i hate critics... i hate them all... they always want something "new"... which comes from the problem that they dont see the movie as a piece of art... but as a piece of business, related to art. sure i can understand, that u cannot see every movie sooo deeply, when it is your job doin that... but a movie, that is catching you deserves a really close look, and not empty phrases, as that it is not somethig new, or the dialogues are crap... they should ask, if the movie wasnt bad, what did those things maybe mean...
and idk if the critcs dont do that because of idk why... or if they just dont are ABLE to do that as their brains are... well... u know ^^

so... this was enough off topic... everyone, wants to say something about the movie pls read this... enough is said... I WILL PWN U... so just explain me DRM, yes? is it a game i can only play for a while then and after that i throw it away because of DRM... that would be crap...

^^
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:30 pm

Yeah dude, I also noticed most of the stuff you covered xDD Especially with the Goliath and the Hornet from Halo 3 and Starcraft. And if you don't care about the content why are you asking? xD
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:31 pm

Sorry dude, i didn't read, and i won't :/ too long !
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

^^ so then just know that: u are pwned

EDIT: @ blue: i dont "really" care the content doesnt men that i dont care if there is one... i just mean that, doesnt matter what it is: i wanna know... ^^ even if they just tell me that the father of mister X was mister A... i need to know ^^
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:36 pm

Lol dude, sometimes, like kernow said, less is more xD

My brother made this incredibly complicated and impossibly elaborate model for his architecture class, and it was so elaborate that he got points taken off for it being too complicated. :/
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:38 pm

it is not comlicated... it is entire...
main point were: the theme are all stolen, but every film steals, you just may not notice, and this one steals good, as its result is a predictable, yes, but very catchy and emotional adn suspend movie...
and its even ahrder to do that with stuff u already have seen similar before, than creating something new... just read the pasta passage
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm

I heard the movie was great. Good CG graphics, and good storyline. I can't wait to see it. But 1 thing I have learned, except for StarWars (and maybe 1 more), there is is NO movie that has a sucessful video game.

Also, Star Wars has always pwn, and always will. So don't diss the Star Wars (big nerd here). Razz
Back to top Go down
Purplez
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Purplez

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 3:33 pm

You guys should make a section in the forum for this. Add a Game section where we could talk about other games and maybe post Gamertags and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Cibbicom
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Cibbicom

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:47 pm

No not good point lotr is still the best ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 11:36 pm

-.-

DRM?
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:48 am

DRM?

And StarWars games only became succesful because of one of the first games that was about Podracing that came out on the Nintendo64, and if you don't have it then you all suck! Razz

avatar - buy the game? Starwars_episode1racer_1
avatar - buy the game? 271087-szadkowski02_super
avatar - buy the game? Star_wars__racer_revengeavatar - buy the game? 3086008aaa
PWNED Razz
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 1:27 am

Xasomur wrote:
so i wanted to ask u, as maybe some real gamers are between u: what is DRM exactly?
i am thinking about buying the game to the movie... but it has this "DRM"...
i know thats a kind of control and restriction, but does it mean, that i can play the game only for some weeks... or can only activate it 100 times or what?
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 2:20 am

I heard that the game has an infinity scens, so that you can do the game many times with always a new story, depending on if you choose to help na'vi, or humans, and much else. I think it's a good game, a mix of rpg and fps.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 3:57 am

nice, but that doesnt explain to me how DRM works ... :/
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 4:54 am

Film is Brilliant,dunno bout game
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 5:03 am

Xasomur wrote:
nice, but that doesnt explain to me how DRM works ... :/
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 12:34 am

movie looks good but the game? idk about it
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:00 am

The only game that I like that was based on a movie is Return of the Rings.....thats about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:01 am

LOOl, and what about jk2 ? oO
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:07 am

Oh yea.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cibbicom
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Cibbicom

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 12:48 am

kern si right you mean lotr the return of the king? :p But they have got new game he Wink And is the best of all! Only on ps3 :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: avatar - buy the game?   avatar - buy the game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next