)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Skinning tutorial by Boogieman

Go down 
+8
BlueNinja
Hora
Hektor
mereel
mantA
GONZA
Kernow Pilgrim
Boogieman
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Empty
PostSubject: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 6:43 am

Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 6:45 am

Christ that looks complex. lol

Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 6:50 am

its a bit ... fast lol
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 7:58 am

but it s more easier than coding a mod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:25 am

Kernow skinning isn't hard. You just need to have good knowledge of Photoshop or Gimp.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:53 am

mereel wrote:
Kernow skinning isn't hard. You just need to have good knowledge of Photoshop or Gimp.

indeed
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 9:06 am

i hve a doubt of this thing of make skins, how do you put the skin in 3d, how an image can be in a 3d game??? I always hve this doubt, i know its a silly question hehe.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 9:55 am

You mean the icon_default things? It's easy to make. Just cut the characther out of his current picture and paste it on a 3d wallpaper and convert that into the following dimensions 256 x 256 and save it as icon_default.jpg and the icon will become visible in the game.
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 10:45 am

ah okok. i dont make skins but thnks for the explication, now i understand.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:22 am

No problem at all gonz
Back to top Go down
Hora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Hora

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 5:06 am

wow nice tuto, is good and thanks.
PD: when u will edit the model_deffault use Ctrl+R is + fast edit the name Wink
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 5:34 am

Skinning on my Mac = fail.

It's practically impossible to try it on a mac. Even if you do everything right, when you try to turn it into a pk3 file something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 6:28 am

Mac computers was not the main part of gaming, its more like to make media
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:52 pm

Yeah, don't remind me /:
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 7:35 pm

Very Happy <3 Final Cut Pro/Express! Pwns you all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 7:39 pm

I know how to do this but i am bit of a novice at gimp and I need someone to teach me.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:59 pm

Yeah sure I can, But I trust you got knowledge in painting works in programs such as photoshop, photoimpact and so on.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 1:05 am

Nope i only got most knoledge on normal paint XDDD i am a little experienced with gimp i have made some skins with it but i still dont understand all the functions.
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 2:51 am

GImp never worked on my old computer but maybe on my new...well i saved a bit much money and ill buy Photoshop soon and learn how to use it
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm

i used gimp before i never liked it.... only for one of the effects

i prefer photoshop best advice i can give you is to keep practising or try a few tutorials online
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 11:38 pm

Xemnas wrote:
GImp never worked on my old computer but maybe on my new...well i saved a bit much money and ill buy Photoshop soon and learn how to use it

Or u just download it for free, Razz, like I did a few times XD!

~Fer
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:12 am

I downloaded CS4 and my Technical school requires me to take a Computer class in the first semester and we go over Photoshop. I've been making some amazing things in my opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:31 am

Lol, if i did try that, the first skin i would make is a character on fire,(if u can put that on there, i doubt it though LOL)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skinning tutorial by Boogieman   Skinning tutorial by Boogieman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skinning tutorial by Boogieman
Page 1 of 1