)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Strafe jump training!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Strafe jump training!   Tue 10 Aug 2010, 3:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Well i noticed how many of u lag at moving fast specialy when we ctf and many of u probaly dunno how to strafe right.
There's serval ways to strafe jump at but the most basic and also a good one is this. Here's 2 movies. Plus a Strafe jump theory how to do and how to move mouse right to gain most speed as possible.

Here's the first movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6PP5VPI37E&feature=related

Here's the second movie and the strafe jump theory document.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzA8dKzPUk&feature=related
http://www.funender.com/quake/articles/strafing_theory.html

I think u guys should analyze this good even it's the movies are based on jk3 it's the same point in strafing there's no diffrent.
Anyway i hope this can he helpfull for many of u and help u getting better at strafing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Fri 13 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

Also a good thing to help u while training strafe jump is writing in server pmove_fixed 1 and sv_fps 30 or 125

anyway notice this shall be made with rcon or server/mp console or wtf ur guys using when training. else it will have no effect at all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sat 14 Aug 2010, 12:17 pm

ok i read that article... and i calculated with him...
so in fact while strafing i add speed into a certain direction by adding speed from another moveoment into another direction to it.
well i always wondered that i can get so fast while i jump in a circle in hangar. but it was because i didnt care for the direction. but as soon as i wanted to focus onto one direction i began too look and move into that direction, so i got limited down. while i randomly jump around i dont do that as i am always jumping into another direction.

well now i only have to change the direction from the single movements always complimentary, which creates a general direction as a result of the directions im moving to.

anyways, what i dont understand at all is the half beat and single beat. which makes me think that i dont understood nothing. as it seem to be diffrent techniques being the same in the end. can someone tell me where the different in the movements are? the movements and directions i look to.

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sat 14 Aug 2010, 2:32 pm

to get that map to run u have to have a server run it it doesnt run in creat a server i found
if u want to play on it go to like dark server and vote for it
just if u go on a server and no one is there change the map back to the one u found it on ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sat 14 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

@Xasomur wrote:

anyways, what i dont understand at all is the half beat and single beat. which makes me think that i dont understood nothing. as it seem to be diffrent techniques being the same in the end. can someone tell me where the different in the movements are? the movements and directions i look to.

The point in half beat strafe jumping are that u aint moving ur mouse only a very very little so u keep looking to a direction in 45 degrees example me i like to left then i start up with a jump with w + a + space and then next one i do with d + space and then back to w + a + sapce and then d + space again and then i continue like that. By learning how to half beat strafing resulted in i easy took blue and green and yellow not long after. I aint saying half beat strafing are best but i found it best as the article also describes there are serval ways to strafe jump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sat 14 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

uh i didnt understand that.

i know two ways i can strafe fast now:

changing the direction i look at every jump. so you move a little to the right while looking to the left then i change over to the other direction, and i look to the right then. which is like the second video of your post.

then another way, with which i even strafe faster:
i look to one direction and strafe twice into the direction of the other. then its important to follow slowly with the mouse. so my mouse moves are slower and i get further on each side, but i am alot faster.

but i dont think that a difference of the change of the sides i move and look to is meant with "half beat" and "single beat" i cant give those any meaning ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:16 am

Single beat is the strafe they were showing in the videos. Half beat is when you keep your mouse of one side of your body, and all that changes is the keys you press, and how much you change your mouse. Half beat's timing is different to 1 beats, so most people don't understand it at first glance. I still am trying to figure out the rhythm of half beat. :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 3:03 am

@mereel wrote:
Single beat is the strafe they were showing in the videos. Half beat is when you keep your mouse of one side of your body, and all that changes is the keys you press, and how much you change your mouse. Half beat's timing is different to 1 beats, so most people don't understand it at first glance. I still am trying to figure out the rhythm of half beat. :S
u can go and search for some quake 3 strafe movies after what i noticed they are much regular to jk2 strafe jumping ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 4:51 am

well yes, then i will search for videos, because i cant imagine strafing withou changing the direction i look to ^^ not as long as i want to strafe forwards xD

anyway: i made the both blue rows on expedition. yeeehaaa... i never any of them. but now Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 4:53 am

1 step closer to moving faster in JK2. Makes CTF move faster if you can learn to strafe effectively. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 6:24 am

rachy showed me half beat

nice

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 6:47 am

@Xasomur wrote:
rachy showed me half beat

nice
okay good else u can ask sweeper or nibler to do it they are good at half beat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 8:26 am

no i understood the system, just let me get used to it.

when you read th article you may have understood it, but in the end the angles and movements you ahve to do are so little. you need a feeling more than understanding. Razz p. ractice may halp my.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 9:57 am

@Xasomur wrote:
no i understood the system, just let me get used to it.

when you read th article you may have understood it, but in the end the angles and movements you ahve to do are so little. you need a feeling more than understanding. Razz p. ractice may halp my.
True learning by doing is the best way of learning i can also show u a bit how to but i aint a good half beat strafer i'm only average ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Today at 5:40 am

Back to top Go down

Strafe jump training!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2