)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 JK2 Observations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 4:26 am

has it really gotten to the point with this game that you either have the die hard elitist types who are overall about honor and never break a rule ever not even by 'accident' or the extremely die hard lammer types who instead of now just arguing at each other were arguing at people the same as them? I mean come on I actually saw a lamer accusing a lamer or lamming I just think that some people take this game far to seriously at both ends of the spectrum.

I mean even I had a disagreement with sind today over the fact I hit him whilst he was on the ground after a saber lock I mean fair enough 'rules' are 'rules' but am I the only one who thinks it sometimes goes a bit to far? or are there other people who are scared to voice their opinion in the clan encase people 'disagree'. I even apologised to sind who I hope will probably find this so I can talk to him and perhaps get a grasp on why he took it so seriously. I just wonder how people make a snap judgement about someone in a video game,Such as I feel sind probably made up is mind and made a decision that will probably result in him voting no when my poll comes because he disagrees with my stating my opinion and refers to me as being 'cocky' which im guessing could be due to some sort of social or cultural differences of some such. I just find it rather depressing that being a horrible person and voicing your opinion seems to have become not just on Sol but every server some what connected.

my apologies im sure this would have been better had i taken time to make sure its in its correct context but meh whatever ill see what happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 4:52 am

Ralen wrote:

has it really gotten to the point with this game that you either have the die hard elitist types who are overall about honor and never break a rule ever not even by 'accident' or the extremely die hard lammer types who instead of now just arguing at each other were arguing at people the same as them? I mean come on I actually saw a lamer accusing a lamer or lamming I just think that some people take this game far to seriously at both ends of the spectrum.

I agree with you to some extents Ralen, in many ways people should just lie back and enjoy the game. However, there are two groups (as you have defined) that just don't get on. The players of 'American Fairplay with Rules' servers which despise cheating, laming, etc etc...
And then there are the players of 'Euro fighting no-rules' servers who just play the game how they want to play it. No really caring about laming rules etc....
The two groups are on different ends of the political spectrum and can understand eachother but never sympathise. Neutral


Ralen wrote:
I mean even I had a disagreement with sind today over the fact I hit him whilst he was on the ground after a saber lock I mean fair enough 'rules' are 'rules' but am I the only one who thinks it sometimes goes a bit to far?

I can see your point, we originally didn't hit people while they were down (only in basic duels) because it was a gesture of respect and not having cheap shots. When we made our own clan we decided to make these rules of basic fights.
However, if you have a duel with someone who also doesn't mind being hit on the ground, then fairplay and do it Razz


Ralen wrote:
or are there other people who are scared to voice their opinion in the clan encase people 'disagree'.

We aren't ATS. I love constructive criticism, makes us better. Smile

Well in this case, I think Sind was just a bit over-sensitive. This post demonstrates that you are respectful and care about your acts so don't worry I'm sure you will have no problems becoming a recruit. It was just sind being a bit of a silly moose ^^

Thanks for the post - Karma for the good objective feedback on our rules xD

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 5:06 am

I by no means compared you to ATS.

I was just concerned that some other high ranks may view low ranks as being disrespectful when they have their own opinion even if not intentionally but rather under the impression rank counts as a method of their opinion meaning more.

im not saying its there in abundance just hints of it so to speak.


sorry for being obscure im trying to wrap my head around what i just said as well :L
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 6:14 am

Ralen wrote:
I was just concerned that some other high ranks may view low ranks as being disrespectful when they have their own opinion even if not intentionally but rather under the impression rank counts as a method of their opinion meaning more.

That certainly is the ATS way: The longer term member you are the more influence you have, the higher rank has more authority than the lesser rank and new members and recruits are 'unknowledgable and know nothing'. If we were like that - We would just say "Don't worry Ralen you are new and you have much to learn" - In other words: "Shut up you know nothing" xD

The same works here but in a different way - it is just respect - not pure powerful influence. The older members obviously command more respect, that's how society works. But we don't say that young members and recruits know nothing - And we consider their arguments just as much as we do with an older member. At the end of the day you all have votes - And you all have the same level of influence, so it's as equal as we can manage.

We learnt from other people's mistakes (I think you can guess who xD) that age does not determine wisdom Smile



___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 6:54 am

ahh true it was intend as an attack on the way the clan is portrayed rather a fear of what could happen if this whole over sensitivity thing kept on going.

edit : lol I know a little more than nothing i just occasionally have a short temper as godswraith knows xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 10:58 am

God damned, you guys, ruined this topic, bdl and matt, stop spamming here.. this is an important topic.


Ralen, is good if you put here your critics, its gonna be make us better, dont be scared, we are a clan, you are a recruit, you have voice here, if you have a problem or something, just make a topic here, or send me a PM and i make it in Council Section Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 1:04 pm

Matt I've been starting to delete all your unnecessary comments and dekarmanizing you at the same time, if you don't shut your mouth and think before you speak then things are going to get worse for you, and I'll make sure of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Ralen: ground hits in normal duels are indeed against the unwritten (although written in SoL) rules of JK2. When someone does it, the 'victim' either does it in turn or tells them the rules and asks them to stop. That's as far as it's supposed to go. Sind has a short temper and likely overreacted; he should not have gotten upset at you, he should have just informed you.

Your opinion is just as valid as the next person who has as much knowledge as you do. On this topic, we all have the same knowledge because there isn't really anything advanced to understand. So if you think ground attacks are ok, then that's fine; many people agree with you. If the majority of SoL members agree, we might vote to allow them by <em>default</em>. But for now, most people agree with the unwritten rules of JK2 and want them 'illegal' by <em>default</em>.

I know you're aware of most of what I said, just fleshing the conversation out. Bottom line is, even though Sind had a reason for his response, his execution was an overreaction, and your opinion matters to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Legend
Legend


Posts : 2321

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 4:46 pm

yes, nick i do have a short temper and lack alot of patience, but im usually very honest and a hard worker at my skills, it just startled me a bit that he groundkill me with 2 shots, so i got a little annoyed.. I have apologized and learned from my mistakes we are not perfect, we must learn of what we did and move on..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

LordSindwinder wrote:
yes, nick i do have a short temper and lack alot of patience, but im usually very honest and a hard worker at my skills, it just startled me a bit that he groundkill me with 2 shots, so i got a little annoyed.. I have apologized and learned from my mistakes we are not perfect, we must learn of what we did and move on..

1) @Nick cheers, I just assumed that was tourney rules ill avoid doing it from now on Very Happy, I wasn't trying to adjust the rules just attempted to address the rather small situation that could have put me in bad favour with a higher rank.

2)@Sind I wasn't aware it was more than one hit :S sorry but yeah time to move Smile you had a valid reason to bite back I was just concerned you would make a snap judgement of me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: JK2 Observations   Today at 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
JK2 Observations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Some observations on first walk through of CE. Traffik- Gone. Soc Leopold Stuck

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: