)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 uL Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: uL Problems   Thu 09 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

Well we've quite a few problems with uL as of late. First Tox dis-respectfully voices an insulting opinion in the post about their raid on our server. Also today Tox did sabre stealing and laming throughout the map, which he seemed to enjoy.

Anyway I posted the following statement on their forums:


Kernow on uL wrote:
Hello, I'm here to talk, not to insult.

First and foremost - Me connecting to your server wasn't a 'raid', i simply thought I'd pop my head into the server, I left though shortly after as I had work to do. I think some people here took it too seriously.

Secondly I'd like to put a few things straight if it is ok:

I don't know what caused this but suddenly uL-Tox (and from what I've read on the forums other members also) been treating SoL with intense dis-respect and a lot of hostile attitudes.

We didn't mind the 'Hamster raid' you did on our server - It was in the hangar which is a FFA lame zone so no hard feelings. I hope you guys had fun. However on the post (which we complimented) from Tox, he just suddenly insulted our mod, and upon Nick's enquiries he just insulted us more. At which point we locked the topic.

Next thing I go to the server uL - and now I read here insults about my visit - I was under the impression I wasn't breaking any rules so..... :/

And just now - uL-Tox (in an undercover name) and someone else was exploiting the server mod and using an invisible sabre steal to kill others whilst they hid in the map. When I connected uL-Tox says and I quote exactly - 'KERNOW YOU ****'. I dislike being insulted when I haven't done anything wrong so I insulted back. We then get in an immature insulting contest and all the while Tox continues to insult our mod, our clan and lame the players on the server.

Naturally Tox was breaking the rules of our server - We had to call an administrative to temporarily ban him until we could talk to figure things out.

So I would like to know why some of your members like Tox are being so hostile when we have done nothing to you guys.

When I go to another's server I obide by their rules and their workings of JK2, just like when I go to another country or to another persons house. I expect people to treat others how they want to be treated.

If we can straighten this all out I'm sure Tox can be unbanned. I didn't mean it when I came onto uL after and said 'You are permanently banned, fail.' - As we always give second chances.

I extend now an invitation of peace and diplomacy to uL. I hope we can get along well Smile


I was quite offended at the following topics in the forums like these:
http://ulclan.freeforums.org/sol-response-to-hamster-raid-t356.html
http://ulclan.freeforums.org/sol-kernowpilgrim-raid-failure-t357.html

The latter link was just me checking out their server...... lol.

~K.P

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Thu 09 Sep 2010, 1:35 pm

uL-Tech wrote:
piss off u wanker

uL-Tox wrote:
lol tech Razz

We differ from sol because we don't ban, censor, control or log anyone in any way, rcon is disabled and there is no /admin whatsoever.

Saber stealing is a glitch, weather it is right or wrong is not the point, its the duty of the server host to fix exploits, it is better to not allow a person to use exploits than ban for all eternity.

With uL there are several exploits fixed and the game play is all the better for it...

1. Saber Stealing fixed.

2. Using a emote will empty the clients force pool and stop the client attacking for 2 seconds, and this will let people freely use emotes without gaining any advantage in combat.

3. All client changes such as model/saber colour/names are halted until that client dies, the flooding or 'lag hax' does not exist on our server, this is actually the biggest exploit in jk2.

4. Setting /rate below 4000 or /snaps below 20 will empty the clients force pool and stop them attacking until they change it to these minimum settings.

Scripts and aimbots are not worth bothering about, without the ability to flood with client changes the kick scripts are not very effective, and the effectiveness of aimbots can be significantly reduced by turning up the damage.

But none of this is worth a damn if logged in clients can cause and sustain more damage, which is actually very easy to do and very common in online gaming.

If you want to test our fixes then you can, no one can stop you or anyone else doing anything on our server, and you should be aware that rage does 4x more damage than normal and installing our jetpack mod will give you autorage which will switch rage on when you attack.

BTW we was looking forward to a sol raiding party, would of made a good film and I would of done it in HD 120fps as sol members got ragdolled all over the place with silky smooth slow motion effects Razz

admin boyz v hardcore lamers, lmfao no wonder u come here trying to make peace, god damn fairy admin boyz

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Tech I will ignore your comment, good first impression.

@ Tox
Well obviously your mod is far more suited to your way of playing, although I disagree with many of it's workings (which provide pros and cons) I won't tell you how your server should be managed as it is your server. You guys know best for your own intrests. If people dislike it they can just leave Smile

SoL only ban people that dis-continue effective playing on the server - Having an invisible sabre flying around slicing our heads of ruins it a bit.....I'm sure you relished in the chaos. We only censor that which is graphically, linguistically and universally offensive. As for control well.....

SoL have experiance dictatorship and totalitarianism. We have grown up in the world where our leader (ATS-Outcast) used admin as a base for solving his problems. We also learnt the different between fair control and just feudal facism. As my friend says, SoL is open for those who know to divide the necessity from the unnecessity, those who understand and respect rules and not for those who misinterpretate on purpose and bend them for their own comfort.

If you want we can have a clan vs clan tournament - We've done it with a lot of clans and don't worry we have a bad loss streak so no worries. I can't do it on your server though because the emp, the bots, the guns etc lag me lots. :/

The point still stands though why you are purposefully exploiting and insulting the server's weaknesses, it doesn't represent you well to others or the representation of uL.....I try to treat every player individually and not place every member under a stereotype. So if you apologise on our forum with a assurance it won't happen again we can unban you and it'll be fine m8.

The point of being an admin fairy boy - It doesn't stand so well when you think I have come outside my sphere of influence and power to talk to you. Most people bent on administration never go outside their area of control... Smile

Regards

~K.P

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Thu 09 Sep 2010, 2:55 pm

Having a mod with those capabilities would be great. Those are intuitive fixes for those problems, although the rage/jetpack thing is dumb. The exploit fixes are very nice, however. If we had a programmer, we would definitely implement them. We don't. If someone comes across an available mod with these capabilities, let me know.

Also, Tox is a typical internet jackass, although his disrespectfulness is of the highest caliber I've seen in JK2, and this directly conflicts with the goal of our server. For that reason, please feel free to rangeban him on sight from now on until a point at which he comes to our forums seeking respectful communication.

uL seems not to be a clan interested in being themselves when they play JK2. As such, unless you want to practice your pissing skills, I suggest ignoring them at all times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Thu 09 Sep 2010, 3:20 pm

I nominate I get Nib, and him and I use uL as a punching bag for practice! ./
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Thu 09 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

mereel wrote:
I nominate I get Nib, and him and I use uL as a punching bag for practice! ./
Indeed. LoL they are quite funny, they think they can pwn us but the truth is, when they raided our server there was only like 2 sol's on. And the only thing I like about they're server is when you lame a bit the Lamer Patrol comes to get you, it's quite funny. But for doing something like saber hacking etc. that deserves a ban :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 1748

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 12:18 am

Really, if they had any brains or natural logic processes, they would avoid the server if they thought it was so shitty. So we could just make it that much easier for them to do it with a ban, but of course then there follows the endless insults on forums and such lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 12:58 am

Tox wrote:
Someone should explain to you that this is a game, there are no consequences because it is not real and therefore no need for control :O

We can do clan matches, I can make match config to disable guns/bots, having a match on a admin based server only is not exactly fair :O

I would like you to explain the cons of the fixes on our server, the only cons I see is they piss kiddie scripters off :O

We do have antilamer bots that spawn, taunt and attack lamers, but people tend to lame more when these are around, which is intended, also these bots don't make mistakes or get pissed of when some lamer chat kills them when they eating a macdonalds Razz

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
The point of being an admin fairy boy - It doesn't stand so well when you think I have come outside my sphere of influence and power to talk to you. Most people bent on administration never go outside their area of control... Smile


Now this the problem with jk2, over the years modders have added more and more crap to compensate for exploits, which is effectively cheating the cheats, and because power is addictive most of these people use that power to gain a advantage against genuine players, this also means that jk2 clans are bound to their clan server knowing all too well if they venture elsewhere they are gonna be subject to the admin advantages that they use themselves on their own server.

Solution is to fix exploits and remove administration, if a client can not exploit then the administration is not longer needed...


Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Tox wrote:
Someone should explain to you that this is a game, there are no consequences because it is not real and therefore no need for control


It is a game in which there is much capacity for social comunities and mockery of real life worlds. People who live their life with no cares don't get far, the same principle is here quite notibly in servers like ours which have a different gameplay and culture to yours. It may be a game but we have created and strive to develop an expanding community on which friendship, trust and fun is ensured. We realise the versions of 'fun' alter which is why we only enforce ours in our own home, our own country - SoL, which I think we're entitled too.

Why not have a match on our admin based server? Admin won't be used, unless it is to change map Razz

I didn't quite understand your last point - Could you clafify?

In the mod:

1. Emotes on SoL are used for friendly and social reasons - We disable them when people start harnessing their power for 50hp kicks etc... - Emotes are a key function to ensure a newbie to the game has fun, it is simple and pleasing.

2. It is inconvinient to decrease your score, or seek death all for the simple action of changing a name, colour of sabre or skin.

3. With the /rates and /snaps - Many people are on the settings that your mod dis-allows. Most Euro and American servers are used to this to prevent horrendous FPS and a troublesome lagometer. Chiefly this annoys me and refrains me from playing because I lag so much because of not being to set to my basic commands.

I will say obviously - Yes it prevents cheating very well. But we have grown used to the culture of cheating players (otherwise known as Euro no-rules players), and although SoL is strictly forbidden to use cheats themselves, we have no problem with people using them on our server as long as they don't break the simple guidelines to ensure a happy server.
We have learnt actually to deal with cheaters without admin OR mods that disable such things, it is simply respect that gets through to them. Obviously you don't lick their asses but you don't tell them what to do either. Obviously though some Euro no-rules players have no consideration for not-laming and use their cheats in the process of laming others. That's when admin comes in.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hektor



Posts : 5199

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 1:43 am

well, their skills are like Queen of Evil + Soupad ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 1:44 am

Karma for a certain pilgrim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 2:08 am

I change my idea. Hektor and I go and use uL as punching bags. ./
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 4:21 am

mereel wrote:
I change my idea. Hektor and I go and use uL as punching bags. ./
Indeed lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 4:42 am

Tox wrote:
LOL thats all cheap excuses, u just like feeling like a big man when u push people around with admin Razz

Minumum /rate 4000 /snaps 20 is JK2 default and is for people with dial-up, the only ones who go lower than this are purposely lagging to make it hard for others to hit them, there is no need to go lower unless ure trying to cheat (You don't read properly, rate 4000, snaps 20 is allowed, but this is the minimum allowed on our server) Razz

Emotes on uL have been fixed so people can use them freely and have no advantage in combat. (You don't read properly) Razz

Client changes have to be controlled in JK2, and by dieing to change info insures that a client can NOT use flooding info changes to gain a advantage by temporary freezing everyone else when the rest of the clients load their changes.

The last point...
If you engineer ure mod so no one can break your rules or use exploits then there is no need for admin, you agree?

Tox wrote:
Kernow umm, why you acting all nice all of a sudden, you actually insulted me more than I insulted you or any other client on the server, I had fun using that exploit, you should fix it if people and you are whining over it, its only A GAME, it doesn't matter to me what attitude you have in a game unless if your some freak who's acting serious sending out intimidating threats and such, and I'm talking about stuff like death threats, I just joking around with that pro talk, but I get a big feeling if you see Any uL- on SOL server they will be killed by scripts and hacks and so on, your only one person kernow, probably the rest of your clan doesnt like us because we have a superior mod and server, the reason why our server is behind in the rankings to SOL is because so many are feared of uL server because maybe bots kick peoples ass too much

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Tox wrote:
If you engineer ure mod so no one can break your rules or use exploits then there is no need for admin, you agree?


I would certainly agree that admin usage would be greatly reduced and perhaps made obselete (but consider changing maps and general server configuration - It is still admin usage) - As my clan-mates has said. Having a mod with those capabilities would be great. These points you make earlier are intuitive fixes for our problems, although the rage/jetpack thing is dumb. The exploit fixes are very nice, however. If we had a programmer, we would definitely implement them. We don't. If someone comes across an available mod with these capabilities for SoL, let us know.

Merkie wrote:
I had fun using that exploit, you should fix it if people and you are whining over it, its only A GAME,


It is apparant you have no consideration or respect for how we thought of you using that exploit. Just because you have fun doesn't mean anyone else is, it is a self-absorbed method of play in my opinion. We asked you not to do it and you just laughed at us, it was a nasty attitude that even non-SoL members couldn't understand. I have already explained the principle of respect for other clans, I don't go to my friends house and expect him to accomodate by my living standards, the same applies here. If you stick to the moral that it is a game and nothing happens it just pledges ignorance that will eventually lead to a ban.

>>>>>
Kernow wrote:
SoL is open for those who know to divide the necessity from the unnecessity, those who understand and respect rules and not for those who misinterpretate on purpose and bend them for their own comfort.


Merkie wrote:
probably the rest of your clan doesnt like us because we have a superior mod and server, the reason why our server is behind in the rankings to SOL is because so many are feared of uL server because maybe bots kick peoples ass too much


People obviously don't have fun on the server, or else they would play there. If you reinforce that this is a game surely emotions such as fear are obselete. People play to play right? So if they aren't on your server it means they don't want to 'play' on your server. I understand that there are many different definitions of 'playing' the game, but as a 10th world ranking server I would advise you open up perspectives to all kinds of 'play' and work around them.

Anyway Tox about your ban - If you could respectfully commune with us on our forums - with assurances that you won't do it again, I will be thankful and will also return the favour of a nice attitude. I cannot be responsible for what the rest of the clan will say as they read this forum also. It would certainly improve clan relations if you made the same effort I am making here.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 4:45 am

both sides have logic, kernow of course is one of the better ones and i find myself not really caring about what tox has to say when he puts forward his opinion in rather offensive manner....

EDIT: which he has now stopped doing it seem's neither mod are perfect. perhaps if they realised that things like the rage ect actually make the game harder for some people (me not being one of them) more people would play quite simply kern is right on that front Smile as i myself believe if we had maybe some form of these fixes our server would be even more friendly (Y)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12824

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 5:30 am

their side has no logic, it could defend the attempts kernow makes, but they just distract and ignore.
they are bad ass lamers that proud of their mod and way of killing the game.

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 5:44 am

No offense kernow, but i dont care about UL, they are just jealous because our server is always full, and his server not, we just need to be like always, defending the server from these newbs, and banning them.

Btw, the ban of tech is permaban
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hektor



Posts : 5199

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 6:42 am

@mereel sure

@sebb ... yea, they even set bespin_streets as new map to get ppl on their server =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 6:59 am

Seb it was Tox not Tech.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

Ok, tox :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen



Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:34 am

Xasomur wrote:
their side has no logic, it could defend the attempts kernow makes, but they just distract and ignore.
they are bad ass lamers that proud of their mod and way of killing the game.

I meant loosely as in there are ways of fixing some of the things that people abuse but sadly none of us are coders and from what i gather it would be unfair to push more work onto an already busy nick xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

sebbat wrote:
No offense kernow, but i dont care about UL, they are just jealous because our server is always full, and his server not, we just need to be like always, defending the server from these newbs, and banning them.

Btw, the ban of tech is permaban

I haven't heard such a totalitarian statement since ATS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:56 am

Sorry blue, but my hate to UL is big.. Really big, i just gave my opinion.. they doesnt diserve to be good treated, did you saw what did they said to kernow? They are just kids..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 8:59 am

I agree but you can't make a stereotypical statement saying that all the uL are /\/abs and deserve to be banned (even though most of them do Razz).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:08 am

No, i didnt said that, i said that i dont care what UL says, and tex its gonna be permabanned for insult and lame with that bug..

I didnt said that all the UL are gonna be banned lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

Seb what Blue means is that everyone these days just places clan's under stereotype, seeing as we have been the promotion of fakes, lies, cheaters by Outcast's stereotype it only means we are like him if we treat all clans the same because of the actions of their members.

The uL I have met just seem immature and disrespectful, that on no account means the whole clan is like this.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Fri 10 Sep 2010, 9:25 am

They dont diserve to be treated like people, they are shit, his name United Lamers, says all, they are just disrespectfull with the people, and they are lamers, i wont care about them, sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: uL Problems   Today at 11:57 pm

Back to top Go down
 
uL Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» DARKSEID BAF Problems...
» Photobucket Problems
» AA problems
» Problems with Houdini
» Diablo 2: Problems and Solutions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Clan-
Jump to: