)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)

Go down 
+3
wehr
NickdeClaw
Alpha'
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpha'

Alpha'

NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Empty
PostSubject: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 7:48 am

nick what you need to do is :First, right-click jk.exe (wherever you installed Jedi Knight), set it to Win XP SP2 compatibility mode, and check Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition.

If you're using a GeForce, get the latest official drivers, then in the NVIDIA Conrol Panel, create a custom profile for jk.exe under Manage 3D Settings then the Program Settings tab. Disable Antialiasing, Transparency Antialiasing and Comformant Texture Clamp for jk.exe (everything else works, but antialiasing will make JK crash every time, sadly).

Now, you may luanch JK and see nothing but hear the mouseover sounds of the buttons if you move the mouse. Alt-tab out of JK, then tab back in, and the menu will appear. Unfortunately, going between the 3D and the menu will always require this, so it will be a pain doing all your settings again if you forget something and have to go back into the menu, or when you're joining/leaving games. Otherwise, the game actually runs! I run JK in 1080p now compared to 320x400 when I first got the game... LOL!

YOUR WELCOME NICK Smile HAPPY TO HELP YOUR PROBLEM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010, 9:24 am

Coca-Cola wrote:
nick what you need to do is :First, right-click jk.exe (wherever you installed Jedi Knight), set it to Win XP SP2 compatibility mode, and check Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition.

If you're using a GeForce, get the latest official drivers, then in the NVIDIA Conrol Panel, create a custom profile for jk.exe under Manage 3D Settings then the Program Settings tab. Disable Antialiasing, Transparency Antialiasing and Comformant Texture Clamp for jk.exe (everything else works, but antialiasing will make JK crash every time, sadly).

Now, you may luanch JK and see nothing but hear the mouseover sounds of the buttons if you move the mouse. Alt-tab out of JK, then tab back in, and the menu will appear. Unfortunately, going between the 3D and the menu will always require this, so it will be a pain doing all your settings again if you forget something and have to go back into the menu, or when you're joining/leaving games. Otherwise, the game actually runs! I run JK in 1080p now compared to 320x400 when I first got the game... LOL!

YOUR WELCOME NICK Smile HAPPY TO HELP YOUR PROBLEM

Uhm coca cola u got this post from a link I posted for BDL because he needed to run Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. I had it linked to lucasarts forums.... jk.exe is for the previous story of Kyle Katarn.... It's Dark Forces II I am sorry but u fail :S. Here is the topic I posted the link for BDL:

https://soljk2.forumotion.com/games-movies-f19/jedi-knight-dark-forces-ii-and-mysteries-of-the-sith-t2130.htm

The .exe for Jedi Outcast is jkmp.exe and jksp.exe, so well.... uhm

~Fer
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 12:03 pm

The problem isn't with running the game, that's fine for me. The problem is with setting up a server that is actually visible from the internet, not just locally.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

lol, nick. i feel your frustration. i would try to set one up but don't have time. if i had time i would try to get one work with wine and linux b4 i tried win7. i think server would prolly run better under linux, as op sys is not as bulky.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 2:51 pm

Yeah I'm sure it would, but I just want to figure out what the problem is for creating private servers for playing with friends occasionally, or for allowing clients to view my current progress on a website by connecting to my web server on my PC. No server program I've ever run on W7 is visible remotely. With XP, simply setting port forwarding on your router was sufficient if you didn't have an overzealous firewall. In Windows 7, I've tried port forwarding, disabling Windows Firewall, enabling it with allowing the necessary ports, disabling antivirus, and messing with file permissions. Nothing seems to work, so I'm convinced there's one or two simple (but unintuitive) things that just need to be switched off or changed for it to work. So far I haven't found a good answer from Google.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 3:07 pm

i bet it has to do with user account control (UAC). you might have to disable that or somehow get it to allow jk2 to run unfettered. i have not done much really since vista, or windows 7, but that security feature messes with a lot of stuff i used to use in xp pro. been doing more home server stuff with linux. fedora makes a great home server for movies. checked out the new windows home server vail beta and it was really disappointing.

good luck,

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

Uhm I got jedi knight to work ages ago.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

@BDL, nick is talking about getting a server, or webpage, to run bdl, not just a game. also, you should try what i told you on binds. it is easiest way to get them back. those other posts would waste a lot of time.

@NICK, lol.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

we already have a server and webpage
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 11:24 pm

sighs
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 4:46 am

Im confused!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 5:32 am

BDL, nick knows you already have clan server and webpage. nick is trying to setup a home server and home page using windows 7, a computer out of his house. he's having problems getting his home server to be seen on the internet, running his home webpage or a home jk2 server, cuz of problems with windows 7. get it?
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 6:54 am

The title says vista. nvm.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 4:55 am

i didnt read the whole damn thing but i got a server running from my computer that was on the internet and heres how u do it

take your internet cable and instead of pluging it in to the router plug it in to the internet box if your internet box only has one hole and that is takin up by your router unplug your router and plug your internet cord that is pluged in to your comp into the inetenet box and then run the server as normal

srry if this is a repeat i just thought i help if i could let me know if it workqs

its not a win7 problem its an operator error....
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:40 am

so you did it using windows 7 ref?

w
e
h
r

Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 7:07 am

yep and ik it worked because i had irish and frodo on it.....
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 7:24 am

reason is your router ip is going to be like 10.0.0.____ or 198.168._._ and your real ip will be like 24.65.32.1

other games such as mw2 need this also to host

the only bad thing about what i just said is that if your internet box only has one plug u loss internet for every computer except for the one its hooked up to...even if u have a wireless computer

which u already probly know
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 7:38 am

You took that long to find out how to do that o0 xD ?
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 11:10 am

for this prob you should just normally have to open jk2 port and forward to the machine that is running jk2 on your router. you shouldn't have disconnect your router. i haven't setup jk2 on win7 so i'm not sure what issue nick is having.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 1:00 pm

yea all it is is hes running the server though every gun hocked up to the router instead of everyon that is on the internet

let me know if it helped nick im woundering!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darth_Sifilius

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 4:43 pm

isnt there like a dock or something for the jk2 i mean - but that wehr dude i disagree u need to re-connect ure router or it wont work you see..
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 6:35 pm

i have no idea what this kid just said so ima say

no
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 5:58 am

me either ref, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 6:05 am

wehr lives in MI?!!!!!!!!! omg
where at???

i use to live in Grand rapids

and nick u need reply xP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)   NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NICK IV CRAKED HOW TO GET A SERVER WORKIG ON VSITA :)
Page 1 of 1