)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Sign up here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 beer'n'else

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Tue 05 Jan 2010, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

who makes best beer over the world: the germans ^^

what to do when u are just too drunk? take a drink ^^

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 12:54 am

LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Xaso you just made my day xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 4:39 am

Xaso is right, is only a girl who crouchs for get a beer, nothing strange
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 4:53 am

Look guys seriously, on a morning i can go to the local newsagents and buy a copy of the sun, or the daily star, or the daily sport. All of these newspapers feature topless models on Page 3.

Comon guys get a grip, if ANYBODY can buy a daily newspaper (WHICH HAS NO AGE RESTRICTIONS), and see a pair of TITS! (omg shocking ! Shocked ) Then surely you guys can cope with a poster of a woman bending over in a thong!

I mean, i agree with descrection and certain tolerances to censorship, but seriously complaing about that poster is just laughable and ridiculous!

Ok back on topic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invité
Guest



PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 6:32 am

I am 12 but it doesn't chock me ! I like it pretty much i say !
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 7:28 am

I'll be blunt: that picture reeks of sexism. I'm with Ref that we should not be posting images with sexual content. But perhaps more importantly, sexist images like that are an offense on women, and on some level you ought to condemn this image on their behalf.

Xasomur wrote:
and its not porn... its not about sex...
so you can post your faces again, sry ppl... so beware of posting your ass, ppl will say ur ass is porn...
It is about sex. If you had actually posted your ass, we would have many negative comments instead of the positive ones. It's not because your ass is particularly ugly, it's because it's popularly acceptable to sexually objectify women much more than men, and it shouldn't be.

I understand the humor and the eye candy in the image, but it's not worth the contribution it makes to unfair social standards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 8:03 am

hektor -.-'

@ Nick : maybe you are right, but it happened once, and we laughed a bit, and it's all ok now.

Just try to don't post again such stuffs ^^ ( or at least spoiler, or link with : sex ) ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 8:18 am

Er i understand what nick is saying but maybe thats a little uptight mate, i dont look at this picture as sexism, only the comment (why men keep beer on the bottom shelf) as sexist. The comment itself could be deemed inappropriate but not the picture.

There are two oppisate ways to look at it i guess.

1. Is the "if you have it flaunt it approch". (the woman pictured can do what she wants, its not like shes been forced into making the picture for everybody else benift, shes clearly damn attractive so i dont think this is sexist, merely slightly provactive).

2. it shows women in a bad light, some more uplight members of the community (not the jk2 community, in mean all people in general) could argue that it is degrading to women and therefore should be treated at offensive.

Men and women much greater than us have argued for years about what is sexist and inappropriate and what is tolerable and tastefull.

Personal i see this picture as perfectly acceptable but others obviously dont.

So i guess that although i am against people calling this picture distastefull or sexist, it cause too much arguement amongst us, and therefore to save future confrontations on this kind of issue, we should refrain for posting simlar material from now on to keep the peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

Talk about off-topic xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 1748

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

seriously Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:27 am

LOL beer'n'else

shouldn't this be in the cantina then? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:29 am

it cant be in cantina, becasue u guys talk so seriously about that pic...
btw i re-edited that post... thats how i will put it next time when i want to make a worldwide scandal...
but i recommend everyone who is offended by that, to not watch tv... it will kill you, too much boobs and asses and machism... -.-

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:36 am

Very Happy, maybe a topic for boobs and asses no ? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:38 am

no... as i posted that i was actually only about the beer... but u guys seemed to be hot for arguing about sex ^^
so no... it is about beer and u all do off-topic xD

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 9:47 am

Ok ok, so to start, i post my favorite one :

Spoiler:
 

xDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 5:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Er i understand what nick is saying but maybe thats a little uptight mate, i dont look at this picture as sexism, only the comment (why men keep beer on the bottom shelf) as sexist. The comment itself could be deemed inappropriate but not the picture.
The comment is part of the picture.

Phoenix wrote:
Men and women much greater than us have argued for years about what is sexist and inappropriate and what is tolerable and tastefull.
Men who were supposedly much greater than us have rationalized all sorts of bad things. Slavery, religious control of the masses, genocide... having a great mind does not make it a virtuous one.

Look, the bottom line is it's glorification of women being a pretty sexual thing for admiration by men, but not vice versa, and you all recognize this but grasp for arguments to justify your impulses. It's not that I am so different. Of course I find the image itself pleasing, but I also see that time and time again it is only pictures of women who are in these sorts of things. If equally there were pictures of men being put in this subordinate, objectified role, I would not find it sexist; it would just be a cultural norm applied to all people. But let's face it, you will have to create your own images if you want to find pictures of men in this role, because they just don't exist like they do for women. That is sexism.

You don't have to be a feminist to recognize this. If anything, I am a masculist. I've spent hundreds of hours arguing down sexism against men. Seeing sexism does not have to make one biased, but being biased is perhaps a prerequisite for failing to see sexism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Fri 08 Jan 2010, 11:44 pm

women comply with sexism for less reasons then a joke... often for no reason... they wear miniskirts, thongs and push up bras...
shaving legs in fact is done by mosty women... and most of them do it, because they feel uncomfortable now with hairy legs...
shaving axles is done now by some men too, but u wont see young women with hair at such places....
these are all kinds of sexism... but i see women defending these things even harder then men... ^^

dont get me wrong... im pro emanzipation... the more equal men and women are the more progress exists in that community

but cmon, there are just some thigns that are too dump...

if i post you a pic with some building workers i could tell you, oh its sexism, there are only men on the pic... so being correct would mean dont ever show ppl in some manner which contains a cliche...

women are the the ones who are more beatiful than most men... and they are the ones who still look good (half) naked... makin pics of it is sexims...
men are most stronger, sometimes not caring enoug about school... you see nearly only man being building worker, because they are the most suitable for that... makin pics of it is not sexism
mostly boys are playing online video games... they are more lazy in school, more time at home... is a pic of that sexism?


well... this isnt even worth to argue about... but that girl on the pic cannot be one of those strong womens libber, she wouldnt have let make such a pic... she knows she looks good.. she got her money, she knows what happens to that pic
this seems quite ok for me...
and when u say that she is considered as an object it may be right, but as i said first, many womens do it in real life just on her own... this is only a manifestation of that... not good... but how can u call that still sexism, as we use it always?

much worse the buidling worker seems to me... he is mostly considered as a workin force instead of a individual person, he does get paid (bad) for his work, but not for the pic, why should he? and he has to do hard work... and all think that pic is ok, but no-one asked the building worker...

take the soldiers for example and others... make pics of them... and thats not sexism...
if u see them on the street its no sexism of couse... but u see women on the streets with miniskirts... bikinis on the beach... and no-one think thats worse?

there are too many contradictions to take this special cases of soft nudity too serious... sexism gets bad in working life, when women are payed bad, or dont get the jobs they want, and other things of the real life... someone should use his time for that, and not arguing about such pics
this was no secual violation its not even something u wont see on the streets, the beach or in tv...

stop makin such a thing out of it... -.- there are things more important

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 12:58 am

Seriously just watch Mtv instead xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:39 am

Xasomur wrote:
women comply with sexism for less reasons then a joke... often for no reason... they wear miniskirts, thongs and push up bras...
shaving legs in fact is done by mosty women... and most of them do it, because they feel uncomfortable now with hairy legs...
Seriously? They don't shave because they are physically uncomfortable with hairy legs. They shave because it's not socially acceptable for them to have hairy legs, and they would feel embarrassed if others saw them with hairy legs. This is a classic example of the negative effects of sexism.

Xasomur wrote:
if i post you a pic with some building workers i could tell you, oh its sexism, there are only men on the pic... so being correct would mean dont ever show ppl in some manner which contains a cliche...

women are the the ones who are more beatiful than most men... and they are the ones who still look good (half) naked... makin pics of it is sexims...
men are most stronger, sometimes not caring enoug about school... you see nearly only man being building worker, because they are the most suitable for that... makin pics of it is not sexism
mostly boys are playing online video games... they are more lazy in school, more time at home... is a pic of that sexism?


well... this isnt even worth to argue about... but that girl on the pic cannot be one of those strong womens libber, she wouldnt have let make such a pic... she knows she looks good.. she got her money, she knows what happens to that pic
this seems quite ok for me...
and when u say that she is considered as an object it may be right, but as i said first, many womens do it in real life just on her own... this is only a manifestation of that... not good... but how can u call that still sexism, as we use it always?

much worse the buidling worker seems to me... and all think that pic is ok, but no-one asked the building worker...

take the soldiers for example and others... make pics of them... and thats not sexism...
if u see them on the street its no sexism of couse... but u see women on the streets with miniskirts... bikinis on the beach... and no-one think thats worse?
Every single thing you've said here is absurd. The existence of a half naked woman, or a picture of her, is obviously not sexism. ITS COMBINATION WITH THE LECHEROUS CAPTION INDICATING PURPOSEFUL OBJECTIFICATION OF HER BODY IS. Likewise, pictures of male construction workers or soldiers are not sexist. Forcing men into these roles is (ie - the draft). Insulting the general male population by calling all men lazy and stupid is also sexism.

For the purposes of easy conversation, the word sexism implies negative sexism. But even positive sexism can lead to negative effects. Take men being strong, for example. Not all men are strong. Most of you guys are not strong. At some point you will be ridiculed for not being strong. Likely, the ones ridiculing you will be other men. This is sexism. Just because men are the ones engaging in it, does not make it right.

Likewise, women finding it acceptable to objectify women does not make it right. Women may know the dangers of being objectified if they flaunt their bodies, but that is not the same thing as inviting it. The ones who see their neutral display of their bodies and turn it to sexual objectification are the ones at fault, not the women themselves. An analogous situation is a muscular, athletic man who is drafted into the military, but he doesn't want to fight because he's a pacifist. Just because he's strong doesn't mean it's right to assume he wants to fight.

These stereotypes exist, and they are often undesirable. Just because you don't think they're important doesn't mean they're not important. There are countless numbers of people who want to work to minimize the negative effects of stereotypes. Trust me, I am not alone in this. And if you consider yourself a caring person, you should not brush the issue aside so easily.


Last edited by NickdeClaw on Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:42 am

If it's so trashY, why not just lock the topic and stop talking about it ? You solved issue ez with lamer topic, do same here !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:45 am

It's worth it to me to make an effort to change your perspectives. I respect that you all probably have good intentions, so it is not a matter of my just restricting your speech. What's important here is that you understand, not that you be silenced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:50 am

Okay i understand your point, maybe you should think about this for rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 2:55 am

That's the thing, in my opinion this is already covered by the general concept of "being respectful." The image is - in my opinion - in bad taste, and disrespectful toward women. The problem is that things like this slip through our conscious awareness of being respectful due to sexism; it's so socially acceptable to sexually objectify women that we are actually having a conversation about whether or not this image is even disrespectful. And that is the power of sexism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:30 am

NickdeClaw wrote:

Men who were supposedly much greater than us have rationalized all sorts of bad things. Slavery, religious control of the masses, genocide... having a great mind does not make it a virtuous one.

This point cannot be argued with. Some of the people considered the greatest in the world are the most corrupt and self-righteous individuals that could ever exsist. Ambition enspires power, power enspires greed and greed creates corruption. A vicious cycle that cannot ever be true eradicated.


NickdeClaw wrote:
Look, the bottom line is it's glorification of women being a pretty sexual thing for admiration by men, but not vice versa, and you all recognize this but grasp for arguments to justify your impulses. It's not that I am so different. Of course I find the image itself pleasing, but I also see that time and time again it is only pictures of women who are in these sorts of things. If equally there were pictures of men being put in this subordinate, objectified role, I would not find it sexist; it would just be a cultural norm applied to all people. But let's face it, you will have to create your own images if you want to find pictures of men in this role, because they just don't exist like they do for women. That is sexism.

However much i understand this point i can never truely agree with. Women in the modern world now have more power than ever before in the western world, half a century ago women did not even have the right to vote, or work above men, or have positions of power. They were forced to remain quite housewives with chores and no say in the running of society.

Whilest equality is moral right for all, i look upon sexism in a simlar way to racism. It only effects minorites. Many women have no problem with such material and the ones that do, are kicking up a fuss at the majorites cost. Thing are going too far. Many people just create arguement for arguement sake, just because they can, they know in doing so that they will be appeased because everybody else wants to avoid confrontaion.

Look at ethnic minorites. Many so many of them exsist with us harmoniously, however so select few attempt to create confrontation by accusing racism at every little thing, just because they will be appeased by doing so, a kind of smug victory for them.
But its ok for them to make racist remarks about us because we are the majority and they are minority. The majority wants to appease them because by not doing so it casts the majority in a bad light.
Example: In some parts of the world in schools it is illegal or frowned upon to call a blackboard a blackboard, now it has to be called a chalkboard. (I mean for effing hell sake!) But we still call a whiteboard a whiteboard. Surely we could kick up a fuss and say no, we dont what it to be called whiteboard we want it to be called a marker pen board! Which is ridiculous! However that is extremism, and that is how exremism works, kicking up a skink on the most trival and frankly stupid and irrational points, but the government does not want to be seen to disagree with the minority so they appease these extremists.

Sexism is the same and any woman kicking up a fuss against this picture i would accuse of extremism, its is an irrational agrument.

So its ok for women to buy magazines and fantisise of half naked pictures of Brad Pitt or David Beckham or say things about men in magazines such as "SIZE MATTERS" but if men do the same thing we are considered sexist. Its completely irrational, unfair and kinda boils my blood. The trouble is people arguing against such material are appeased because nobody wants confrontation and by appeasing them you are effectively handing them power! They will go on and on and on as long as people continue to appease them!

The only reason men are considered sexist is that the government agrees with the minority which as a result makes it so!

Im for womens rights too, but some people argue for no reason at all, just because they can. Its time somebody drew a line and said "you know what this isnt sexist and you are going to have to live with it", because as long as they are appeased they will continue to argue.

Meh ive gone well off topic now so im sorry better get back on the subect in hand. (which ive forgotten what it is now because this debate has been so long lol)

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:53 am

NickdeClaw wrote:


Seriously? They don't shave because they are physically uncomfortable with hairy legs. They shave because it's not socially acceptable for them to have hairy legs, and they would feel embarrassed if others saw them with hairy legs. This is a classic example of the negative effects of sexism.

But this my point, this is not sexism. Women are not forced to shave their legs! Its not like the first woman who set off the trend of leg shaving was forced to do so by a man! See this is my point and its almost controversal, women shave their legs because they want to look sexy and attractive towards men (or even other women) in public.

But that is the thing, they shave their legs and make themselves look attractive in front of other men and then complain about men when we look at them and think "god she's hot" or whatever. They want two bites of the apple, and they constantly contridict themselves!
Let is not forget that it is not just men, that women have to shave their legs for, its also the social acceptance of other women.
See i guess women could be sexist against their own kind, if they see another women who as not groomed themselves to this degree they might make her an outcast or victim of negelect or abuse ect... So its for the benift of other women too!

Otherwise women would say about other women to their friends "see her over their she doesnt shave!" and then he friend would say "aww thats digusting does she not want to get with man or something? lets avoid her." See its just as much for acceptance from other women that they shave and groom, ect ect....

Meh this argument is futile its getting us nowhere. We could argue for decades, people have!

Lets just forget about it, regardless of what we think about inapproriate images it really doesnt matter because at the very least they are off topic and unnessasary do lets just focus on the tasks in hand and not post pictures of there nature in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Sat 09 Jan 2010, 6:42 am

Bah, whatever, i don't read as it's too long, but look at this :

A nude ( or almost nude ) woman is a sexism symbol. And this is forbidden at forumotion. That's all !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: beer'n'else   Today at 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
 
beer'n'else
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NNGO Irish Raider Red Ale
» Citizenship application for Beermagedon
» Watching A Movie, More Or Less [Closed]
» Down Time with German Smoked Beer!
» Ward de Bever

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Cantina-
Jump to: