)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Quote from Mass Efect.

Go down 
+10
Proballboy
sebbat
Ajunta Pall
Xasomur
fisTo
mereel
wehr
Battledroidlover
Kernow Pilgrim
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Quote from Mass Efect.  Empty
PostSubject: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation. An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither, and die. WE are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, YOU, are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We... are the end of everything.

Last edited by Avatar Aang on Wed 06 Oct 2010, 11:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:08 am

Sith I would imagine....
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:13 am

wrong pilgrim. Our Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither, and die. WE are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, YOU, are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We... are the end of everything.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:13 am

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation. An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither, and die. WE are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, YOU, are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We... are the end of everything.
I dont believe in this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:15 am

its true BDL
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:16 am

its true BDL
If you think it is true that all this perfection in the world was by an "ACCIDENT" then you are mad. This topic is pointless...... Mr.Locky
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:17 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
its true BDL
If you think it is true that all this perfection in the world was by an "ACCIDENT" then you are mad. This topic is pointless...... Mr.Locky

BDL its true, bilive it "You know it to be true"
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:19 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
its true BDL

BDL its true, bilive it "You know it to be true"
I DO NOT believe it to be true.....i am a devoted Evangelical Christian and I know how the world was created........Evolution is a story.....a fairy tale. Even Darwin himself doubted his own theory....he said to consider all aspects of the arguement. And there are just so many things to prove that evolution is false that it is a mystery why people believe in it.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:22 am

look, BDL its tue true.

we are genetic mutation. An accident
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:23 am

look, BDL its tue true.

Prove it.....I look at your posts and I see no proof. Bigbang/evolution is a story. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:28 am

I see that you have left the forum and given up....anyway I advise this....(anti-brainwash) http://www.evanwiggs.com/articles/reasons.html
Now can someone please lock this topic.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 6:54 am

WTF. im still in forum and SoL
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 7:24 am

BDL, there is plenty of proof on evolution and the big bang. You can't say that any religion has proof of anything they tout. Religion is about faith, not proof. Ang, I don't think we are a mistake. God setup the rules, which included genetic mutation. Why do you think that is a mistake? A divine plan perhaps but not a mistake.

You are both young. Your views on everything will change a lot in the next 10 yrs.

w
e
h
r

Last edited by wehr on Wed 06 Oct 2010, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 7:42 am

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and choices. What you want to believe is your choice, but it is not your choice to force your beliefs on someone else.
Back to top Go down
fisTo

fisTo

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:05 am

lol Mereel karma Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:05 am

@mereel indeed this is true @wehr many people believe that god created the big bang but this is false,a friend of mine came up with a theory that god aged each thing to it's own accord (the bible says this is true) sciencentists say that the grand canyon is millions of years old but my friend says that if god aged things.......maybe he also gave the appearance of the Gc millions of years old but truly it was young @aang i meant the forum said that you were no longer on the forum.... Sent from my phone, must sleep now night night.

Last edited by Battledroidlover on Wed 06 Oct 2010, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:08 am

well, this forum is not the place to talk about it.
but as we are into it by now:
@ aang. that sentence is teasing... made to make religious ppl go crazy about it. if you make the wording more diplomative there would no reason to argue... and no one would notice a mutation is no accident... its an incident.
but that sentences alone, doesnt mean anything, they slightly touch the issue... which now makes ppl throw in all their half-knowledge about that topic.

@ bdl
i doubt you really think about something, when its destroying your view on the world. you only search for flaws. and at some point you may always think you may have found such. but as you only were searching those and not recognizing the whole picture where it shall fit in, you will gather things that seem flawed and you think it proves anything.

first of all: evolution doesnt erase religion. but ppl dont want to THINK about their religion, which is why they defend anythign shooting against the religion. WHY THE HECK, does religion need the creation of the world?! is it all religion is about? isnt it far more the believe in something out of things we can see and grab, which is a higher justice and a invisible force. why the heck does that force need to create the world like we see? that would just downgrade the intouchability of a god.
this contradiction arised because of ill beliefs and ill intented defense. if anyone who defends would think about WHAT exactly he is defending, he wouldnt need to defend sometimes. (which counts for the attack too. but i rather attack everything, and see if its defendable)

the facts are: evolution exists. and evidences we have makes a big bang PLAUSIBLE. but that is only a THEORY. there is no evidences that makes it CLEAR that there was a big bang. BUT what does it change, that if there was no big bang? still: evolution exists, because the evidence therefore is too obvious.
and i read the first chapters of bdl's link, and THAT is the stereotype of brainwash... its written aggressively and with the will to distort the things that have been said. but there are simply things WRONG and UNSOURCED. and a internet discussion is NO SOURCE... there is several times internet discussions quoted, discussions where ppl like you and me or even more stupid ppl can post. those things have nothing to say and no argumentative quality.
and some things are just wrong... for example, one of the first lines: "# Mutation – a mistake in the copying of the DNA; can be caused by radiation, or chemicals."
that is not right. mutations can even happen on occasion. and as i see how the argumentation goes it comes down to the point that if its about radiation or chemicals, evolution has reasons and is no occasional process.

and towards the end, as i searched any reference for the name of the author and his titles (which didnt exist... i guess it was a 12 year old boy, who is unable to spell "Mein Kampf", when he is makin it down), that guy is going about the way to talk about atheist regimes like of hitler, stalin or mao. something totally flawed. Only because some ppl find reasons besides religion to extinct jews and to supress other ppl doesnt mean anything. because 2000 years long there were endless ppl to find reasons to do that within the field of religion.

what i propose to anyone of you is INFORMING and THINKING and DECIDING. most ppl barely inform, never think but still decide... but at the same time dont let other ppl decide. so watch your own business on this matter please
and if you need to talk about it, find another place to argue about it. not here!
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:25 am

i agree xaso the case of creation isnt that important it's the faith in the MAIN thing that is important.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:39 am

what is funny is that at start aang talked about humand evolution comming from mutations ( it's right that it comes from mutations, but not mistakes xD ), and then everybody starts talking about big bang. Big bang is creating of univers, and there are too many theorics about that, which no one is agreed by all scientists, so no need to debat about it since even pros have no answer.
BUT, about genetic evolution, that's a well known subject, on which it's sure that humans come from a common ancestor with all others animals. Differences come from mutations which have created different species.
Saying that we are the end of everything is not true, since new species have bornt since modern human exists. Maybe after the humman will come something new, but you can't know, since it takes several thousands/millions of years ( the oldest "human" bones which have been found are 6.7 millions years old ) before evolution shows a significant differencence between the ancestor and new specie.
Just have objective view over it, and that it is the wonderfullness of life : always creation. The existence is something true that we live everydays, and that is the good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 11:52 am

Forgive my dis-intrest here and my rare agreement with Mereel....karma for him....

Aang I thought you were quoting something within the confines of JK2 - If it was a stab at philosophy then (no offence) it just doesn't make sense. Neutral

Let's just thank f uck that Phoenix isn't here for this Razz

Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

Well im just gonna say that in my opinion, the theory of big bang its true..

But im a christian and i fell that god exist, so maybe, like xaso said, the best thing is to have faith ^^
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:38 pm

i haven't read everything ppl wrote but the big bang is accepted by the majority in the scientific community as fact, lets face it there are freaks out there. there are remnants from the big bang, which happened about 13.7 billion years ago, that still exist. search "proof big bang theory" on google and you will find many articles. if you would talk to any astrophysicist they would tell it happened. i believe in "the big crunch theory" as well and the universe is cyclical. all mass will eventually converge again and that there will be another big bang.

@BDL, i don't take the bible at it's word, like genesis for example. i'm Lutheran but i think much of what Jesus taught has been corrupted by the church. I also don't believe the bible is the word of god. I do believe in Christ and that more people should read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. you learn enough about him and what a christian should be. i don't think you need church to be a good christian. i think i can say with confidence Jesus would have never killed anyone in the name of Christianity, like the catholic church did for example.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 1:59 pm

omg... this is so much spam it not even funny... just stop i'm not kidding ether
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 3:00 pm

You guys are NEWBS! Please don't FEED THE TROLLS!

Aang's first post is a quote of what the Reaper called "Sovereign" tells Commander Shepard in Mass Effect! Your lack of nerd wisdom disappoints me! lol

Also, karma to wehr. I'm not religious, but I agree with much of what you've said. The Bible cannot possibly be completely true because of the many contradictions in it; there are plenty of instances where two things it states are true are in fact mutually exclusive (a perfectly loving God that creates souls knowing they are destined for an eternity of suffering, for instance). Despite the obviousness of the Bible being a creation of humans, most people can agree that the church's portrayal of Jesus is something to aspire to. Jesus is certainly one of my idols, and if I did slip back into religion I would likely view it much the way you have expressed, wehr.

Religion and science can co-exist because science is bound to our universe, whereas religion touches on things that exist outside of space and time. Elements of both can be true without disproving another; indeed, science will almost certainly never be able to disprove the existence of all gods, and religion will never be able to convince observers that what they see is an illusion (such as a severe lack of anything explicitly divine - that's what I've been seeing for my entire life). The implication of the separateness of these two domains is that, as wehr stated, a god can create the universe with laws that can be measured by science. Once the universe is created, there is not necessarily a need for direct divine intervention with the course of the universe. If such a universe is ours, it's not unreasonable that we have seen no scientific proof of a god, and that doesn't mean one does not exist.

If I receive evidence of a god that is meaningful to me, I would likely become religious. Until then, I assume that a god wouldn't want me blindly believing in what might be a false god; it's simply a waste of time. That's not to say that I look down on anyone who chooses religion, I just haven't had any personal experiences that have caused me to believe, and believing is not a choice, so there is no possible way I could be doing it right now.

BDL, you need to open your mind. Understand that your view is possible, but so are many other views. Just because your view is possible does not mean other views are impossible or false. To disagree with this is to be a fool. Never claim that you <em>know</em> something about the divine. You are not a prophet; you simply believe.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 7:44 pm

Battledroidlover wrote:
look, BDL its tue true.

Prove it.....I look at your posts and I see no proof. Bigbang/evolution is a story. Sleep

Where's your proof?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Quote from Mass Efect.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quote from Mass Efect.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next