)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Sign up here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Quote from Mass Efect.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Avatar Aang
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 897

PostSubject: Quote from Mass Efect.    Wed 06 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation. An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither, and die. WE are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, YOU, are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We... are the end of everything.


Last edited by Avatar Aang on Wed 06 Oct 2010, 11:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Wed 06 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
You guys are NEWBS! Please don't FEED THE TROLLS!

Aang's first post is a quote of what the Reaper called "Sovereign" tells Commander Shepard in Mass Effect! Your lack of nerd wisdom disappoints me! lol

Also, karma to wehr. I'm not religious, but I agree with much of what you've said. The Bible cannot possibly be completely true because of the many contradictions in it; there are plenty of instances where two things it states are true are in fact mutually exclusive (a perfectly loving God that creates souls knowing they are destined for an eternity of suffering, for instance). Despite the obviousness of the Bible being a creation of humans, most people can agree that the church's portrayal of Jesus is something to aspire to. Jesus is certainly one of my idols, and if I did slip back into religion I would likely view it much the way you have expressed, wehr.

Religion and science can co-exist because science is bound to our universe, whereas religion touches on things that exist outside of space and time. Elements of both can be true without disproving another; indeed, science will almost certainly never be able to disprove the existence of all gods, and religion will never be able to convince observers that what they see is an illusion (such as a severe lack of anything explicitly divine - that's what I've been seeing for my entire life). The implication of the separateness of these two domains is that, as wehr stated, a god can create the universe with laws that can be measured by science. Once the universe is created, there is not necessarily a need for direct divine intervention with the course of the universe. If such a universe is ours, it's not unreasonable that we have seen no scientific proof of a god, and that doesn't mean one does not exist.

If I receive evidence of a god that is meaningful to me, I would likely become religious. Until then, I assume that a god wouldn't want me blindly believing in what might be a false god; it's simply a waste of time. That's not to say that I look down on anyone who chooses religion, I just haven't had any personal experiences that have caused me to believe, and believing is not a choice, so there is no possible way I could be doing it right now.

BDL, you need to open your mind. Understand that your view is possible, but so are many other views. Just because your view is possible does not mean other views are impossible or false. To disagree with this is to be a fool. Never claim that you <em>know</em> something about the divine. You are not a prophet; you simply believe.

Belif is the entire thing about christianity nick. That is why I state it so many times. May I also add that sometimes I think as christianity might be some any other religion and might be false.....I quickly wipe out that thought from my mind.....The bible states that the devil will try and wind his ways with you. He can use all sorts of things.....I said before and I will say it again he is in everyone on this forum......everyone in the world. He is Sin, Sin is him. He used the mouth of someone to try and convince that christianity is wrong. I may also add this story. During world war II there were some missionaries in japan spreading the gospel, the Japanaese didnt like this so try hunted them down to a small cottage.... It was night time and the missionaires were asleep. A small Japanaese squad surrounded the cottage......and then dropped there weapons and run away screaming. An Allied army later captured them and asked them why they ran away in fear. They replied: We saw angel's circling the cottage with swords. <---- True story. That is what God does to protect his people.
@Danek if you want proof go and read the bible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Wed 06 Oct 2010, 11:36 pm

Actually, the bible has been wrotten by the people who wanted others to trust their words, saying that god said that. What religious says, the science shows opposit.
bdl about your angels with swords, it's a true story, yeah, you say it yourself, it's a story, like abraham which has been told by god to kill his son, but finally dropped this to just a sheep. That's a "true story", indeed it's true everyone agrees on that, but it's a story lol. The religion is a flow of stories which have been spreaded among populations.
you said to danek : if you want a proof, go and read the bible. What proof ? He'll read stories written by some people, where are the proofs ?
It's about what i have to say about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avatar Aang
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 12:01 am

Well guys, that was just a test. Into seeing your reactions, in seeing your comments and your belives.

Ofcourse i dont bilive that mutation crap.

God Created the world, God Created Adem and Eve.
God wanted a nice, kindfull, peacefull, respectfull, panet not a mean horrible planet.

God is our farther. he wahches over us.

i belive in God. And i would wish that all of us including the world would be nice and kindfull not mean and horrible.

I seggest that we start working on Making this clan a respectfull clan, and a nice clan with no swear words and no meanness.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 12:03 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
<---- True story.
Other than having heard the story, how do you know it's true, BDL?

Let me tell you a story:
When I was younger, I prayed to God to answer me in a form I recognized as being from Him so that I could recognize His existence, continue to be a Christian, and not go to Hell. He never answered. <---- True story.

Let me tell you another story:
Star Wars is real, there is no god but rather the Force, and Yoda is my father. <---- True story.

Just because someone told it to you, and you happen to believe in some of the principles contained in the story, does not mean it's true. (Although Yoda is really my father, My Bible says so.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

Avatar Aang wrote:
Well guys, that was just a test. Into seeing your reactions, in seeing your comments and your belives.

Ofcourse i dont bilive that mutation crap.

God Created the world, God Created Adem and Eve.
God wanted a nice, kindfull, peacefull, respectfull, panet not a mean horrible planet.

God is our farther. he wahches over us.

i belive in God. And i would wish that all of us including the world would be nice and kindfull not mean and horrible.

I seggest that we start working on Making this clan a respectfull clan, and a nice clan with no swear words and no meanness.



Nice one aang. I am going to ignore you nick >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10542

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 3:33 am

I'm always confused about why you would be PUNISHED in hell for doing bad things. Hell/Hades is outside the juristiction of God why would the devil punish you? Surely if you were a serial killing rapist you would be honoured! =]
In my opinion the Devil hasn't made a book. So God is the one blabbing away making all these rules and cursing the devil when the devil is being more of a man and just sitting back and taking it. Razz

Also BDL don't de-karmarize Nick when he just as a valid - and more substantial argument than you. It's biased mate

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 4:34 am

I found it being biast towards me. And with the devil he will trick people saying yeah hell is a really nice place. Or say if you go to hell you will see your dead dad again.....the truth is rather diffrent.....1: Hell is 2903573905135135709 times worse than the worst thing you can imagine.....imagine the pain of being shot,stabbed run over by a car,blown up etc....without ever dying...so it is everlasting pain with no food and no water. 2: In hell you are completely alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10542

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 5:07 am

That's what GOD says about Hell. What does the Devil say?

You beleive God's word when he tells you hell is bad. So why are you against Outcast calling us rats and fakers etc? It's the same principle - Has the devil had his word in?


___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 5:44 am

There's no getting round you lot is there.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 5:51 am

There is bdl, how can you explain that god exists?

I just want to hear you why big bang is wrong and god is right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Proballboy



Posts : 1562

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

ok wtf why was i de-karmaized?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 7:54 am

This topic is getting out of hand now I think it should be locked :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avatar Aang
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 7:58 am

I say it should not be loked let it continue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10542

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 8:01 am

It's not getting out of hand. People are just challenging what they think to be a narrow-minded viewpoint. Unless there is hard substantiation of a God I can't devote my life to it....


In 19th Century there was a female novalist - George Eliot - Her view on RELIGION is that God is a human creation to light the fires of sympathy and understang. THEOLOGY however is the assertion God exists, as a hard fact - This idea of cult devotion is focused on faith that diverts our attentions from the needs of human beings and more towards what God will think of us. Our lives are focused on a spiritual deity not ourselves. Neutral

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 8:50 am

well... hell or heaven. who cares? i mean you get in either of both for the DECISIONS you take. so wherever you go, the ppl that get there took similar decisions. so wherever you go, i am sure you will make good friends with the ppl goin there with you... ^^

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

Bdl, do you want to lock it because you lost? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Proballboy



Posts : 1562

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 9:14 am

i am lost :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr



Posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 9:20 am

i don't think anyone should be harsh or de karma people on this subject. people have the right to their own beliefs. who de karmed proball? people have right to not talk about subject too but that is no reason to not the others debate.


Last edited by wehr on Thu 07 Oct 2010, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Proballboy



Posts : 1562

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 9:40 am

really also i think the same as sebb, in theory wise the big bang would be true and there is a god but when you twist those word you say there isn't a god with out stating evidence is blatantly untrue because there are cases of seeing god and yes some people don't believe that but that doesn't mean there isn't a god/creator it's just there beliefs and thoughts.

also de-karmanizing really? :/

that is all i will say in this topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10542

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 11:08 am

Pro wrote:
you say there isn't a god with out stating evidence is blatantly untrue because there are cases of seeing god

Lol Proball - Do you beleive in the Tooth Fairy? Because if you say there isn't a tooth fairy without proving the tooth fairy doesn't exist then you're being untrue. There are cases of seeing the tooth fairy.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

Xasomur wrote:
well... hell or heaven. who cares? i mean you get in either of both for the DECISIONS you take. so wherever you go, the ppl that get there took similar decisions. so wherever you go, i am sure you will make good friends with the ppl goin there with you... ^^
I have already described hell for you and I think you wont be able to make friends there :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Thu 07 Oct 2010, 10:54 pm

then you didnt understand the argumentation.

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiraOrLight
Sith Adept
Sith Adept


Posts : 770

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Fri 08 Oct 2010, 12:31 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
Avatar Aang wrote:
Battledroidlover wrote:
Avatar Aang wrote:
its true BDL
If you think it is true that all this perfection in the world was by an "ACCIDENT" then you are mad. This topic is pointless...... Mr.Locky


BDL its true, bilive it "You know it to be true"
I DO NOT believe it to be true.....i am a devoted Evangelical Christian and I know how the world was created........Evolution is a story.....a fairy tale. Even Darwin himself doubted his own theory....he said to consider all aspects of the arguement. And there are just so many things to prove that evolution is false that it is a mystery why people believe in it.
I disagree with you bdl, but that's for another place. I too say Mr.Locky .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Sifilius



Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Sat 09 Oct 2010, 4:51 pm

i had a preist who said that god exists - god told the priest that his son visited the earth a long time ago as part of his universal holidaay, and that his son is very annoyed because they havent stopedd talking about it since

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Sifilius



Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Sat 09 Oct 2010, 4:53 pm

however i think that it is best for the priest to just say to make people think what they want to beleive and think like that mereel guy said - only because if a system if forced upon you then you will never become true with that systm of will you ever becom part of it as a whole......sorry if this sounds dumb and immature i just wantd to join in debate

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Quote from Mass Efect.    Today at 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
 
Quote from Mass Efect.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Campaign Story Challenge : ERA, "The Mass" Story
» Fab quote I just came upon
» Quote Moveset [WIP]
» Norway Mass Murderer Warcraft Top Fan
» Mass Effect 3: Jackal Squad

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Cantina-
Jump to: