)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Im Pregnant ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Im still Hot
Still Hawt
90%
 90% [ 9 ]
OMG UGLY
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Im Pregnant ;)   Sat 16 Oct 2010, 6:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Self Explanitory
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Ralen

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:13 am

And your totally missing the point.

I highly doubt he was being intentionally harsh as it seems he meant it with the best intention.

ontop of that there isnt even a baby so it doesnt really matter anymore Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:21 am

Ralen wrote:
And your totally missing the point.

I highly doubt he was being intentionally harsh as it seems he meant it with the best intention.

NickdeClaw wrote:
It doesn't matter whether you intended this or not, what you said would still have the same offensive consequence. While your intent matters in determining whether you are a "good person" or not, even if you had good intent it still points out a sad fact about public opinion and prejudice toward the "single mother" situation, particularly for young women.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralen

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:25 am

ah fairplay.

but i doubt he was aiming it at the single mother thing rather the guys who leave them but thats just being technical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:06 am

Well that's a whole different issue with its own problems. Men have no choice in abortion, so it's not really fair to legally bind them to child support or fatherhood; let's face it, sex is not solely about procreation for us humans, and accidents do happen. At the same time it is obviously more difficult for a mother to raise a child alone, and it's unfortunate if she expected her partner to stick around in the event of a baby and he leaves.

Personally I think there ought to be a legal status of "Accept child responsibility / not accept" for men that should default to "not accept" when they are unmarried and "accept" when they become married, but that is changeable by them. It's totally unfair to men if they are in a relationship and have voiced that they do not want kids, the woman gets irresponsible with birth control, decides to keep the kid and demands child support. It's also unfair if a man expresses he would like to keep the child, but the woman doesn't want to keep it and has an abortion. So you make a logical compromise: women get to decide whether or not to keep the child or have an abortion (since they're the ones going through pregnancy), and men get to decide whether or not they are willing to be responsible for paying child support (or being part of a family).

Women having all the rights when it comes to children had its place in years past when they had less power in society, but now they have that power, and it's time to make things more equal. But beyond that issue, both genders must still endure negative social stigmas for related issues: young single mothers are given "that look," and men who do not accept fatherhood are ridiculed as being "less of a man." It's not an ideal situation any way you slice it, but society's attitude toward it can and should be improved, in my opinion.

PS - this all assumes that abortion is legal. If you revoke the right to abortion, then we've already established that having sex DOES in fact mean for procreation and if you're having sex you must be responsible for any pregnancies that result. In that case, it's clear that women will always give birth to the child, and men will always have to pay child support or be a father (assuming the baby isn't given to adoption). The issue of social stigmas toward young single mothers still remains, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 5:14 am

heh, bdl is 12. i attribute much of his puerile behaviour to this fact. kiss and make up all.

w
e
h
r

ps- people should treat each other with respect regardless of the legal status of the parents. lets face it, the way they treated women and the child of unwed parents in the past was wrong. we all know it. far right christians are pathetic and should get a clue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:26 am

I was just joking about the fact that how the world is now....there are so many single mothers who never had a husband (I dont mind people who have been divorced) I just think it is disgraceful and I was just jokeing.....I am sorry if I have caused upset. ~BDL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:57 am

Bdl, i havent got a father, my father just left my mother, i was with her all my life alone, i just knew my father at 8 yers and i saw him just 1 time, and he died..

Im not cr ying, im a normal person and i dont like to talk about real life here, but i think, that a single mother can have a baby and protect him from life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
there are so many single mothers who never had a husband (I dont mind people who have been divorced) <strong>I just think it is disgraceful</strong> and I was just jokeing.....
Point proven.

BDL you need to stop emulating all aspects of your parents and start thinking for yourself. You're 12 years old now and it's time to start questioning what people tell you, even if they are family or clergy. I know you've been taught that people will try to lead you astray, but that's exactly the type of thing someone who's leading you astray would tell you too. Conclusion: you need to question everything that's important about your values and come up with your own opinions. Start asking yourself "why" more often. You just stated that it's disgraceful to have children out of wedlock. Ask yourself why, then answer yourself. Then ask "why" to your answer. Continue to do that until you can't ask "why" anymore.

If you always end up with "because it's in the Bible" or something similar, it's time to start questioning the Bible or your religion. God wants you to know the Truth. He has never told you personally that the Bible is the Truth, so you are relying on your parents and your church's advice that it is the Truth. It is entirely possible that what your religion has taught you is not the Truth, and if that is so then God is disappointed in you right now for not questioning what people have told you. The only way to fulfill your Duty to God is to strive to learn the Truth, which includes questioning the values of your religion. Would God really want people to look upon single mothers as disgraceful if he wants the best for his children?

If you feel like something doesn't make sense in your religion, don't dismiss it as "the Devil trying to tempt you into falling astray." It could actually be God trying to guide you to the Truth. If you are strong in your beliefs, you can investigate the potential for misinformation in your religion without losing faith in God. And that's what you should do, because it is the only way to come closer to finding the Truth, which is your Duty as one of God's children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danek
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 7:59 am

Nick,Ralen,BDL i love you ty

GG Ashly 1ST PREGNANT MEMBER IN SOL,DESERVES CYAN FLAME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 8:13 am

Danek is right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 8:31 am

XD yeah a cyan would be sweet Xp but i dun think thatll happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 8:42 am

BDL, you say you are Christian. Well read more about Jesus. After you have ask if he would ever treat anyone bad for any reason. Jesus even treated prostitutes and lepres with love and respect. He would not have hurt anyone, physically or emotionally. Think about what you've said. Do you think people like Sebbat felt good about it? Karma to Sebbat. Thanks for sharing Sebbat. Maybe BDL can learn something from this.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:07 am

aww wehr nice choice of words
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

Thanks wehr Smile

Btw bdl, did you knew that jesus had a son? Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByyd5M2vYk I call ellis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:32 am

@ seb
shh... not religion again!

@ ash
mhh... yea, very... helpful?! xD
yea, very violent video IF YOU GET EASILY OFFENDED BY THAT DONT WATCH THE VID Wink

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

It skinks, but unfortunatley some parents have what they would call strong 'strong morals', which is really just an excersise of minipulation and control when they see something they disagree with and dont want to see it emuleted. Dispite the fact he deserves a slap for his appauling opinion (which is really his parents or his churches opinion), its not really his fault. If his parents wish to bring him up in such a way, theres nothing he can do about it, nor would he know any better. Its a shame, but he's just far too young to understand the way of the world.

BDL remember, Live and let live.

Oh and its a bit of a moot point asking if your hot considering ive never seen you Razz , but my opinion is that having a child doesnt make u any less of a catch Smile

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:36 am

phoe... to update you: she was joking

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:38 am

ive read back. noted.

What a waste of time...

my points still stand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 1:47 pm

Phoenix hurt me feelings yes i got feelings happy now im emotional
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:07 pm

nice to see u back on forums, and yeah this topic is joking, so why ARE THERE SO MANY POSTS ON IT LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashly
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:11 pm

because everyone here loves me Except blademaster
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fisTo

PostSubject: Re: Im Pregnant ;)   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 5:48 pm

I dont love you no offence but you act inmature for your age