)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Bespin Streets

Go down 
+15
Proballboy
Axel
Battledroidlover
Lucifer
sebbat
Xasomur
Xemnas
swiftY
mereel
NickdeClaw
Ajunta Pall
BlueNinja
Hektor
Kernow Pilgrim
Phoenix
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:23 am

A while ago i made a topic requesting that bespin Streets be put back on the rcon map list and used as the main map. Depite the fact it was discissed in detail i see no progress looks to have been made with regarding its implementation. If we can get bespin streets back and kept it more preferable to yavin i would consider return to the game. Bespin is a far better map and hold much more notalgia for me, for thats why my jk2 life started. Also i think Yavin absolutely sux donkey shit.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:29 am

Feel free to mod it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 8:04 am

Ask Abrum =D i have it
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 8:38 am

Bespin Streets gives many people terrible fps, like me, and that's why it hasn't been changed. But I seldom go on the server anymore so if you guys want to go back to Bespin and no one else has a problem with it, it doesn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 10:39 am

hektor. I don't know how he modded it to mp, but me, i know how to delete all the ats stuffs Smile
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 10:59 am

Why didnt you tell me that?
Back to top Go down

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

Oh dammit. Now Hek is gonne use it well known and muppet:

Hek Hacks WHY?!?!?! 1.6.1.175 Final Edition. Don't be fooled this genius piece of art destroyed our modern society... and it will atlast control our Mother Earth.... Be cautious!

And back to the thread I have to say Bespin Streets did lagg for me but it wasn't a bad map at all.... Still I wonder why Phoenix wants to come back only if a map is changed O_o? In my personal view I see this map kinda bad looked at by SoL because ATS uses it.....

Don't know why ATS was bad but I thought it was awesome but Outcast seems to be "lame" never talked to him though so I don't know his point. Maybe he got only 1 ball cuz that would be really depressing for him. But the point is that if we don't do what Hek says we will all consider the world to be dead in less than, uhm, yeah well it's uncertain but Hek could release his hack to the one and only Justin Bieber to hack as because we are Justin Bieber haters so..... I WOULD consider passing this one out....

... Ok that was a really weird speech sorry I am kinda stodgy...

~Fer......
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 1:25 pm

bespin_streets vs. yavin_temple is a matter of opinion, personally I vastly prefer yavin and don't care much for bespin, largely because of the sheer volume of invisible walls that make it feel highly unprofessional when you have level 3 jump.

But regardless, we made a deal with Abrum that we wouldn't use his maps if he didn't want us to. The last he explicitly took a stance on the topic, he stated he did not want us to use his maps, so we haven't.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 4:50 pm

Agreed. We should respect Abrum's request.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 11:35 pm

But if Aju would delete everything ''new'' what Abrum did in the map it would look like normal modded map (like yavin)
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 12:19 am

Exactly Hektor, try it out, he would never be any wiser, the shield trial is really the only give away, we could just say we made the teles.

Anyway Yavin temple is bollocks i dont like it at all, i would like to see any other map than that (except the ffa maps cos they shat too). And Kernow i dont have a clue how to mod so it would be nice if u could lend a hand rather than make a abupt comment with a Neutral as if ive said somthing unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:01 am

Just because he couldn't prove anything doesn't mean it's morally acceptable. I'll state what I told Ajunta:

It would be like if I made a website, spent 500 hours working on it, and intended for it to be used only for the site for which I made it. I put my name in the code to indicate I was the author. Then, somebody took my code, changed specific branding on the site such as images to match information for their own site, perhaps even left my name in it to indicate I was the author, and used my work for their own site. This is stealing/copyright infringement, and it is illegal.

This has happened to me, by the way. Not on websites that took 500 hours, but multiple times on a website that took perhaps 5-15 hours. It's not fair, and we should give up on the notion of using or modding Abrum's map unless he gives his consent.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:07 am

Yavin is a fine map, allmost every other server uses bespin so its not as if you cant play that map.

Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

i spoke with nick, i'll just give up with it for now. Later when i have time, i'll learn how to mod it from 0. Until then, just wait Smile
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:20 am

Hilarious news, guys. I found bespin_streets on the internet by somebody who freely provided a link to use it. It's from <del>2005</del> <ins>April 2009</ins>. I now wonder if Abrum modded this original map instead of doing it himself. Anyway, it looks like we're "back in business." I'll upload it to the server.

Last edited by NickdeClaw on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:25 am

my opinion : Yavin vs Bespin = both sux how about something completly new...
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

@ nick : "just takin' care of buisness" ^^
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:30 am

swiftY wrote:
Yavin is a fine map, allmost every other server uses bespin so its not as if you cant play that map.

LMFAO

We're talking about SP map bespin_streets ... not about ffa_bespin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 2:46 am

Made a mistake, that map was provided in April 2009. Still public though, so still legit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 3:05 am

omg... i pissed my pants for happines :O
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 3:52 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
@ nick : "just takin' care of buisness" ^^

Bah I used that quote before Nick! ^^
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 4:19 am

Good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 4:49 am

Map has been fixed up a bit to get rid of some annoying extra stuff courtesy of Aju. Smile
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 5:21 am

hektor wrote:
swiftY wrote:

LMFAO

We're talking about SP map bespin_streets ... not about ffa_bespin Very Happy

Haha.... Total Idiot, Ignore me.

Edit: just played it for a while on the server, is this the new default map taking over from yavin_temple?
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 6:37 am

I'd like to

but we should vote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bespin Streets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bespin Streets   Bespin Streets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bespin Streets
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next