)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jordanisone

PostSubject: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 7:39 am

hey i want to make a speaker that that plays a music file when i press a button i know about trigger_multiple
but the tutorial ive been following doesnt cover speakers and dont tell me to look at rich diesels one cause thats the one im following any help would be much appreciated when im done with my map ill send you the beta all it is at the moment is a test of what ive learned when i get better i will try to make good maps

Ajunta pall you are amazing youve helped out alot please can you help me again ? Smile

i think ive found it i was looking at the wrong thing also do i type in the value bar for the entity menu (N) the location of the file e.g sound/panic.mp3 ?

THANK YOU sol your an amazing clan if i wanst in a clan already id join you youve been a great help in my mapping needs ! Very Happy

Last edited by jordanisone on Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swiftY

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:19 am

Goodluck and glad this forum helped you ( mainly aju ) Cant wait to test the map
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jordanisone

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:26 am

the map aint really any thing in paticular its just a test my first one heres a list of what ive added to it

* Found out how to make a juke box/ music player so theres a music player that plays- panic at the disco i write sins not tradgedies

* water (first water tunnel is a bit messed up

* glass window at start which is breakable by light saber

* FX_runner (special fx ) theres a special fx flames thing in the BIG room which you open by a switch

* has a funny room which is opend by a switch

* second water tunnel leads to a ammo room but i havent got to it in game yet cause it needs tweaking

COMING

* i will be adding a mirror

* A better crib to hang in which will have a Jacuzi more music YEH Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swiftY

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:30 am

Sounds nice, Also you could try making the jukebox play a variety of different songs if this is possible, Like in real life you press a1 for the first and like a2 for the second would be a nice feature ive not seen before.

Also a mirror dueling room sounds wacky and wonderfull lol id love a duel in that.

Or a mirror maze they are allways fun IRL, besT when somebody walks into the mirror haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jordanisone

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:34 am

yeh ill try the only thing is though with the juke box you have to use a lot of speakers for all the different songs plus it makes the file a lot bigger cause i have to add the music file to the PK3 also a mirror dueling room would be cool but its annoying too cause it would create the hall of mirrors effect which happens when a player sees the outside of the game and the game doesnt know what to do so it replaces the mirrors texture with what the player has just seen but i dont know exactly what i mirror room would do cause ive never tried it but it says not to make them. ill try it anyway and if it works ok ill put it in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jordanisone

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:37 am

id upload some pictures to here put whats the BB codes for images
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swiftY

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:59 am

upload it then use [img] linkhere [/i.mg] without the dot

yeah its a shame about the mirror duel room, also why dont u only use part of the songs or used midi files i dont think there as big as mp3s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant   Today at 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down

How do i make a speaker that plays music in radiant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1