)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Jedi Master and Holocron FFA

Go down 
+5
Ajunta Pall
Hektor
NickdeClaw
sebbat
Phoenix
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 3:13 pm

These are two game that i used to play on multiplayer on the "Create Server" mode with bots. (I think its LAN or something). I thought they were great fun and would bring a new edge to the JK2 gaming we have because they are both unorthodox games. I was wondering if Nick or any other HC has information on whether we can get these games brought onto our server, they really are good fun.

For those who dont know about these games

JediMaster

The game starts with a single lightsaber in the middle of the map. Players must try to get the lightsaber and attempt to kill everybody else on server. Once a player gets the saber he is the "Jedi Master" and recieves the saber + force powers. However other players need to kill the Jedi Master using the guns that are skattered around the map. Once somebody kills the jedi master the saber bounces free and players need to rush to get it. The one who gets it becomes the new Jedi Master. Players who are not Jedi Master cannot kill each other (or kills do not count, im not sure which) And only the JediMaster can kill everybody else (so i think)

Its epic too because when you collect the lightsaber you get the "DA DA DA DAAAAA!" music from the star wars film like when luke pulls the lightsaber out the snow to kill the yeti on hoth Razz

Holocron FFA

Simlar to ffa except that players need to run around collecting force powers. Force powers are scattered around the map in the same way guns are however i believe there is a limit to how many force powers one person can carry. (If your wondering what a holocron is, its the blue boxes you collect on yavin_trail in single player). Everybody starts the game saber only and without force powers. The winner is still the person with the most kills however without force powers it would be very hard. You will probably even need to collect force_jump to be able to kick. Its quite a fun game anyways.

Thoughts? Idea
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 3:20 pm

We played it one time with nick, eternal pwnd us lol
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 3:25 pm

Yes we have these gametypes. Commands are:

jm_ffa_bespin
h_ffa_deathstar

The Force regen has been set to a specific balanced level in Holocron. Please everyone, don't try to argue that it should be set to 0 regen, it's totally unbalanced when not everyone has Force. Unfortunately I don't believe there's a way to control the Jedi Master's Force regen in Jedi Master gametype, and as a result Jedi Master gametype is pretty unbalanced if a good player is on, because they almost never die once they get the lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 4:26 pm

Ok we have tested both games. To be honest they were abit mediocre. JediMaster was fun at first but when the server started to get full some people who got the saber just ran and hid, which is of course NOT the object of the game. It made it frustrating to run around the map using stairs (because we didnt have force) and also having to look to for ammo because once you have a weapon, you cant just pick that weapon up again to replenish ammo, you need to find the ammo seperately. But all in all i think we could make something of this game, provided "jedi masters" actually try and kill rather than run/hide.

Holocron FFA was a complete flop. Firstly you dont even get the 3 lightsaber styles, you only start with blue, which means 95% of the server running around like complete newbs. Other than being funny to watch, it wasnt very competitve. If you get grip,push,pull and jump than your pretty much unbeatable. So i dont think we will be playing holocron very much. (although it is very funny watch everybody run around each other like headless chickens doing blue slashes Razz )
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

You can only have 3 Force powers at a time in Holocron, so no one had Grip, Push, Pull, and Jump. But yeah, those gametypes are fun with newbs, but not balanced with pros.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

I believe the settings can be modified to "unlimited" so that one person can hold as many holocrons as he wishes, however that would probably make the game even more one sided once a pro starting tearing about the server. Very funny to watch and play with newbs, but no good for a serious game. So all in all holocron is one to aviod.

JediMaster deserves a second try, it was quite fun at the beginning. However it presents problems when the server gets full as the jedi master has no choice but to run and hide from what can only be described as an army of hooligan persuers.

Is it just the two maps available?
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 5:20 pm

No, I could create configs for any of them.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 11:02 pm

sebbat wrote:
We played it one time with nick, eternal pwnd us lol

Yop, old school Wink
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 11:42 pm

holocron is funny. I played it once a long time ago, and i found it way more interesting than most of the other mods.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 11:44 pm

They both su ck. No one played them in the old days either. CTF and TFFA were really big. When I first started playing all I played was TFFA at first. There were lots of TFFA servers and always full.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

Jedi master is the funniest and best game play in JK2 MP. I remember how much I played it on my Xbox with my friends. We kept laughting for hours when we got the saber and started a big massacre with the force powers.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 12:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Ok we have tested both games. To be honest they were abit mediocre. JediMaster was fun at first but when the server started to get full some people who got the saber just ran and hid, which is of course NOT the object of the game. It made it frustrating to run around the map using stairs (because we didnt have force) and also having to look to for ammo because once you have a weapon, you cant just pick that weapon up again to replenish ammo, you need to find the ammo seperately. But all in all i think we could make something of this game, provided "jedi masters" actually try and kill rather than run/hide.

At some point you are right comrade. But it's the task of the players with the guns to hunt the Jedi Master and kill him and steal the saber. Btw what map were you playing Jedi Master on when you tried it out?
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

Being jedimaster with a certain timelimit for killing anyone would prevent him to hide or run away. Within the timelimit he shall at least kill to have jis access to the jm power, otherwise his sword is dropped... Just an idea...
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm

mantA wrote:
Being jedimaster with a certain timelimit for killing anyone would prevent him to hide or run away. Within the timelimit he shall at least kill to have jis access to the jm power, otherwise his sword is dropped... Just an idea...

Dude if it had a time limit it would be fun. Time goes out and you respawns and the light saber returns to it current position of the map. Many players are also playing the cheap way by throwing people to doom or just using lightning or mindtrick to win.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 1:30 pm

We played on ffa bespin, of course the roof of the building was where the JM spent most of his time. I thought of that idea too manta, but im not sure whether its technically possible....
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:
We played on ffa bespin, of course the roof of the building was where the JM spent most of his time. I thought of that idea too manta, but im not sure whether its technically possible....

Thank god you guys put bespin. If it was temple the JM would hide in the coutyard behind the wall. But you guys could just use rockets and bombs to kill the jedi master.
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 11:28 pm

Technically it is possible. But it requires programming in the sourcecode.
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 04 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

lol making a timer is ez olol
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:18 am

Teach us how to set one then? Then the problem is solved.
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 1:58 am

LOL OFC
OLOL
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 2:54 am

Well since you wanted to give us a tutorial how to *not* I give you a challenge. Find the CAPSLOCK key and press it.
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeFri 07 Jan 2011, 9:43 am

DONE
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 8:28 am

Still you didnt turn off caps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 8:48 am

No hes just pressing shift now Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Master and Holocron FFA   Jedi Master and Holocron FFA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Master and Holocron FFA
Page 1 of 1