)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

WHAT THY FOOK?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LinkTheCat

PostSubject: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Mon 17 Jan 2011, 4:59 pm

lol i know this isn't a pic/video, but on a science worksheet i was doing, a question asked something like how do scientists know that whales evolved from a doglike thingy that lived on land. two of the choices were:
d. whales bark like dogs
and
b. Because whales are shaped like FISH!

yesh Very Happy lol! cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Mon 17 Jan 2011, 6:13 pm

those both look like wrong answers. whales are mammalsl (e.g. warm blood, nurse their young, don't lay eggs, have live birth, have lungs, heave hearts like ventricles and auricles, they have eyelids, etc...) why didn't you put other choices? they can tell from their bones in their fins that they once had legs too just like the creatures we evolved from had tails.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Mon 17 Jan 2011, 8:03 pm

Lol indeed. Also the Great Blue is the largest single lifeform on the planet i believe. They can wiegh up to 200 tons and can surpass 30 metres in length. They were almost hunted into extinction. As why the whale would have evolved from a dog like creature i cannot say, but we know that all life on planet began in the sea, its was probably just evolutions way for ridding unnecessary body parts. The world must have been a strange place back then, no humans, and giant scorpions roaming the land (as they were apparently the first creature to make the transistion from sea to land)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 3:31 am

Nice to see you again Link Razz

Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 4:13 am

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hektor

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 6:23 am

sebbat wrote:
Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 6:26 am

Hektor wrote:
sebbat wrote:
Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 11:27 am

Wow I can't believe they teach detailed evolution in Middle School. Such silly unproved theories should not be taught, or at least not in the way of stating that it is a fact. The question should of been more like this "Why do scientists concerning the evolution theory believe that whales evolved from a doglike thingy that lived on land."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 11:36 am

Well it wont have been a dog like thingy that lived on land, thats not how evolution has worked. There is nothing to say it cant work like that in thoery, but in reality it never does. I cant think of any species that has made a transistion from land to sea. Only sea to land works in evolution, because to begin with, water was required to sustain all life. So its likely that this "dog like creature" still lived in the sea.

To be honest evolution makes sense to me, and scientists have pretty muched proved all they can. And while we have so many relgious people in the world who refuse to open their eyes, its going to be difficult to prove it any further. Hence it just stays a "theory"

However this particular theory sounds far fetched. But I dunno why your kicking off so much Nightmare, you gonna tell me your a bible basher or something now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:03 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Read and learn. Or, do what Laaf will do, which is read a tiny bit, and then decide that he knows these people are lying or stupid and decide that his uninformed opinion is far more technically accurate than the observations of people whose profession it is to observe and accurately test.

Being a scientist means explaining the way the world works based on things that you can observe and test. You can't disagree with that. If you do, you're saying fantasy is more believable than fact, and that is stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:15 pm

i think scientists are just beginning to scratch the surface on this stuff. as more and more dna, that has survived, is being disocvered there will be more informed. the fundamental theories today are sound and will supported more and more by new discoveries. i'm damn sick of the religious zealots denying fact and trying to force pseudo-theories into the schools.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
If you do, you're saying fantasy is more believable than fact, and that is stupid.

I cant decide whether the human race is too clever, or too stupid, but it seems to fine line. Say what you want about research, experiments and scientific evidence, im with you all the way. What worries me is how many people are not.

Laaafs opinion, although uninformed and naive, isnt far out of the common way when you consider the way of the world. Millions of people would rather believe in God, Creationism and any other religeous belief, over proven scientific evidence and theories, if it conflicts with how they want to believe. It amazes me that you can shove evidence right into people faces, and they dismiss and disregard all that time and effort, simply because it is not how they want to believe. People would rather take fiction, if it gives them hope, than take fact and accept the truth, if it leaves them in despair.

Human race, too clever, or too stupid? You decide...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 3:18 pm

My opinion isn't uninformed, I wasn't trying to show you how much evidence creationism or w.e. has more then evolution. I was stating that the evolution theory is being states as fact (and I'm sure most of you believe so) when it is not. Lol not even Darwin himself believed in evolution, he was just stating that it is a possibility.

I find it funny how many atheists say they are not ignorant however its the other way around (creationists too), evolution has become a scientific religion. And yes I've done research on this (my high school required it..), its all assumptions, not really evidence. And even the evidence (assumptions) for this is extremely low. I believe in probabilities, however that is another topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

Nice to see that when you actually cut out the bullshit, there are a couple of brain cells up there somewhere Razz

I agree that evolution has holes in too. I for one, am not convinced that we evolved from apes. Because the elephant in the room there, is if did evolve from apes, why are apes still around? Natural selection and evolution doesnt work like that. Either the whole lots changes, or non at all.

But there again. Reglion annoys me too. Im actually catholic, and im not saying there isnt a god, there must be something, (everything we know about the universe says that you cant have something from nothing) but im not convinced that we will future so heavily in this "greater beings" plans. Im a man of science rather than god, and im not going to be convinced to beleive in god, just because i fear death, which is the obvious reason most people believe. Its for reassurance and peace of mind. But i prefer proof to blind faith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Tue 18 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
Or, do what Laaf will do, which is read a tiny bit, and then decide that he knows these people are lying or stupid and decide that his uninformed opinion is far more technically accurate than the observations of people whose profession it is to observe and accurately test.

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenken

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Wed 19 Jan 2011, 3:57 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
NickdeClaw wrote:
Or, do what Laaf will do, which is read a tiny bit, and then decide that he knows these people are lying or stupid and decide that his uninformed opinion is far more technically accurate than the observations of people whose profession it is to observe and accurately test.

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hektor

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Wed 19 Jan 2011, 4:29 am

Tenken wrote:
Ajunta Pall wrote:
NickdeClaw wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Wed 19 Jan 2011, 4:37 am

OH DONT START THIS SHIT AGAIN! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT THY FOOK?!   Today at 5:25 am