)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Pro abusing emotes on/off

Go down 
+6
Xasomur
Dark Misery
solid snake
Phoenix
Proballboy
Danmonkey
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

Pro abusing emotes on/off Empty
PostSubject: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:08 pm

Just a few moments ago me and Proballboy got into an argument over emotes. At least 4 people I could find wanted emotes off while only two (that includes Pro) wanted them on but I turned them off because more people wanted them off, but Pro said "No, keep them on." and turned them back on, but I said "They said they wanted them off.", That spawned an argument that mostly consisted of on/off, but Pro still refused although Reborn, I, Laffy, and =D wanted them off. Only Pro and Pablo wanted them on, so we had a majority, but he just kept spamming "Mad?". So I preceded to type out this complaint, could you just get Pro to stop abusing the emotes=on/off switch? Thanks for reading this.
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:15 pm

lawl...

first off reborn didnt say anything lol, second it wasnt hurting anyone and i was using emotes and so was a few other ppl, third i started saying mad when he just started kicking me while i was in my emote, also he was just lagging the server by making this go on and saying he had bad fps even tho his ping was better then mine...

lastly lawl
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

It's perfectly legal to kick someone in a bubble second, the only other person using emotes was abusing them, third Reborn DID say he wanted emotes off
Lastly, lawl.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:24 pm

Right, its kind of an unwritten rule, that the default status for emotes should be "off". The reason for this is because emote kicks are rife these days. So if there is a case of dispute about whether emotes should be "on" or "off", then im afraid those wishing to have it "off" have the high ground. Emotes are only turned on when EVERYBODY is in agreement.

Non-SoLs are also given as say in this, as our morals dictate equality on server, however they usually have to provide a good reason. But emotes always "off" in the event of SoL members disputing. (provided you give a decent reason and not just being awkward)

People wanting to have emotes off is usually because somebody on server is using superkick, or somebody is abusing with /dcfreeze+grip+kick, other than that i cant think of any other good reasons to have them off. But if people argue, they stay "off".
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:28 pm

Phoenix, that's what I was trying to tell Pro, but he wasn't listening.
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:28 pm

dan reborn didnt say anything he was ffaing most of the time, and no one abused the emotes.

phoenix this is a stupid topic im sorry because of the fact that no one abused the emotes and i use emotes just to stand in a place and talk to ppl i only duel ppl that dont ffa so mostly i just stand in a emote.

also... lawl at topic
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:32 pm

A guy named dansem was abusing emotes, buy you were obviously not watching, read Phoe's post again, EVERYONE HAS TO AGREE FOR EMOTES TO BE TURNED ON.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:34 pm

Yes well he is in the wrong, he shouldnt have gone against you. (did you have a good reason for wanting emotes off?).

Emotes are a priviage on server, not a god given right. When the server is peacefull its allows fun and friendly interaction, but when people abuse that priviage, it ruins it for everybody because emotes must be turned off.

A example of the emote on/off principle is this:

Its kind of like when your a kid, your parents let you play football with your siblings or mates, but your told to play nice. But if you start to fight and argue with each other, the football is confiscated by the adults and nobody plays, even those who were playing fair. Everybody loses. Thats exactly how it works with emotes.

Problem is, its easy to get into arguement about such things, especially considering how many people have the priviage to toggle emotes. Its unfortunate that its always going to be disputed at some point, there is no way around that. Also, people wanting emotes on, usually cant empathise with those witnessing emote abuse and want them turned off, because 9 times out of 10, they are not in the same area.

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:38 pm

dan there was no one on the server named dansem check the logs HC admins and tell him and there was no one complaining about abuse or about the emotes being on it was only dan.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:46 pm

Mmm, this just sounds like handbags at dawn between the two of you....

Right to reificate, those wanting emotes off, always have the tip of scales PROVIDED they can backup a good reason.

Wanting emotes off, without good reason (emote kicks and freeze+grip+kick abuse), are not in a position of high ground an can therefore be overruled.

Repeated spamming of emotes with intention of harassing somebody, DOES provide solid enough reason for emotes to be turned off. (for example, if somebody continues using /dckiss on somebody repeatedly when asked to stop)

However, in general (particularly on a busy server) emotes should be "off" on the event of a dispute.
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:56 pm

Yes pho is 100%. Well personally i think that we don't even need emotes in those things are stupid crap in my mind and are no needed at any sitsuation. I have never found any fun in them. But like pho said emotes can be on as long as no-one is abusing them. Ik many emote kickers so i understand if someone wants amotes off.

Emotes can be on aslong no-one isin't abusing them!!
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:02 pm

LAWL LAWL LAWL I QUIT THIS FIGHT CUZ DANS LAST WORDS ON THE SERVER WAS "I THINK YOU NEED TO BE DEMOTED" AND I LAWLED SO HARD XD XD XD

no disrespect but i think dan is still mad because i said andy was better then him and he would beat him easy...
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:05 pm

Pho, either way there were 4 wanting them off and 2 wanting them on, either through Democracy or Reason, My logic still rules out. He also basically told me to f*** off after reading this entire topic:
Pro abusing emotes on/off Rapist10

Last edited by <Cd>Danmonkey on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing comma, ARGH!)
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:07 pm

Proballboy11 wrote:
LAWL LAWL LAWL I QUIT THIS FIGHT CUZ DANS LAST WORDS ON THE SERVER WAS "I THINK YOU NEED TO BE DEMOTED" AND I LAWLED SO HARD XD XD XD

no disrespect but i think dan is still mad because i said andy was better then him and he would beat him easy...
Me and Andy had a practice tourny awhile back and and I won 7-3, so suck it.
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

Proballboy11 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 8:21 pm

Proball about 3 people abused emotes within 5 minutes. Pablo was using that one emote that allows you glide around and kill a person within 3 seconds. Karina was using the freeze + gk. And later, about 2 minutes later wehr came on. Lol, basically if wehr comes on emotes should be turned off automatically. Seriously emotes get old within 10 seconds...
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:19 pm

1st of all: proballboy is no admin. he is not responsable for those things. and he just showed that he is not able to fulfill that responsability anyway. but this doesnt mean that you have to accuse HIM for something. its a shame when ppl abuse it and its a shame if no one changes it. but the only ones who are NEEDED to change that, because its their JOB, is admins. probabllboy could have been capable of changin it too... but he wasnt... but its not his job anyway. bad luck for dan

2nd: if ANYONE wants emote off, he has a reasons. if not, he wouldnt even KNOW that emotes are on. and there can be any reasons: blocking teles, or using dcsitgk... whatever. those are all reasons, because everything about emotes that offends someone is an abuse, because it is easier to just turn them off then keeping them on with all the nagging. it is that easy: if there is trouble about emotes, even tiny ones, turn them off.

3rd: dont make any little occasion into a reason to fight and to argue... bible... grammar... emotes ... omg... WHO CARES?!?!!?
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm

Nightmare_I wrote:
Lol, basically if wehr comes on emotes should be turned off automatically.

xDD
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:42 pm

Ajunta Pall wrote:
Nightmare_I wrote:
Lol, basically if wehr comes on emotes should be turned off automatically.

xDD

lol!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 3:31 am

Yup, Xaso prett much reinforced everything that i said.

Lol laaaf has hit the nail on head, when known emote scripters are on server (especially if they are seeking fights) then emotes are always off. Wehr is a know emote kicker, so emotes should always be off when he arrives on server
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 4:58 am

That's what I was saying! I don't try to randomly start fights, this wasn't just me this was both of us but I knew that people were abusing, and I knew they had to be off when Wehr came on, so I did turn them off, but Pro wouldn't listen to me, :/
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 6:33 am

Xasomur wrote:
1st of all: proballboy is no admin. he is not responsable for those things. and he just showed that he is not able to fulfill that responsability anyway. but this doesnt mean that you have to accuse HIM for something. its a shame when ppl abuse it and its a shame if no one changes it. but the only ones who are NEEDED to change that, because its their JOB, are admins. probabllboy could have been capable of changin it too... but he wasnt... but its not his job anyway.
Back to top Go down
<Cd>Danmonkey

<Cd>Danmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 6:44 am

Are you kidding me? I know it's the admins' job to protect the server etc. but he should atleast look and check before making his "no one was abusing" argument! People were abusing. In this case, Laffy was right, but this is done and over with, please Mr.Locky this topic.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 6:49 am

no he doesnt need to... why should he? he was playing... its a shame that no admin was on. but you cant expect a waiter to cook...
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 8:20 am

Yet another pathetic post by danmonkey.... I've seen fights between leaders in sol before Dan. One day Kerno, Xaso and Mereel were arguing about a tourney and kept switching server between Yavin and ctf. So you and Proball are not the only immature ones around. This went on like 8 times and everyone in server was pissed but they didn't care. Bottom line is both you and proball need to learn to work cohesively. If you can't you both are the problem. Posting in forums does not make you look like the good guy.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro abusing emotes on/off   Pro abusing emotes on/off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro abusing emotes on/off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next