)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Temporary Setback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:39 am

I have been constructing a gaming computer for quite a few months now, and I finally finished it a few days back. It runs like a dream, playing everything I have at max settings with little effect on my processor and GPU.

But I have a problem. My jk2 seems to not like my new system, and I have tried everything to get it to work. I googled it a lot over the past few days, but I have found no solution that has worked. So I am now getting desperate, and asking for help for I can't stand being away from JK2 for so long. I rather not have to play on my laptop, but I will have to every so often until I get it to work on my new gaming computer. If anyone can help, that would mean a lot to me.

So the error I am having with JK2 is that it starts up, loading the Open GL subsystem, then starts the game, but for some reason JKMP.exe shuts down suddenly. Same for SP, and no the patch did not work, so please don't suggest that, I am not stupid.

My computer rig is as follows before anyone asks:

OP: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6850 series
Processor: AMD Athlon II x3

I am still looking, but if you can I have my MSN and Xfire always on.

MSN: elder_outcast@yahoo.com
Xfire: dartharchon

Thanks again! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:07 am

Did you right click on the jk2 icon on desktop, click on properties, click on compatability tab, click in box run this program in compatability mode for, then in dropdown select windows xp service pack 3, then click on apply and ok?????

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:31 am

sp2 is better Razz ( i think Surprised )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:15 pm

wehr wrote:
Did you right click on the jk2 icon on desktop, click on properties, click on compatability tab, click in box run this program in compatability mode for, then in dropdown select windows xp service pack 3, then click on apply and ok?????

w
e
h
r

Already was set as that, I didn't have to do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:34 pm

what motherboard do you have? what antivirus? when you built machine did you make sure you put on chipset drivers, and all other drivers, that came with motherboard disk???

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:58 pm

wehr wrote:
what motherboard do you have? what antivirus? when you built machine did you make sure you put on chipset drivers, and all other drivers, that came with motherboard disk???

w
e
h
r

Motherboard is a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H, I use avast! as my antivirus (I have 3 others, but avast! is the big one), and yes I installed all drivers and installed the CDs that came with each component.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fisTo

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 3:44 pm

try changing jk2exe to quake3? I heard it works but dont know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:29 pm

That error is usually caused because of outdated drivers for your network or video card. Make sure there up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 7:24 am

did you install the driver that came on disk for your graphics card, or onboard video??? if so it may be outdated. go to amd/ati website and get latest driver. have you done this?

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:13 am

mereel wrote:
wehr wrote:

w
e
h
r

Motherboard is a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H, I use avast! as my antivirus (I have 3 others, but avast! is the big one), and yes I installed all drivers and installed the CDs that came with each component.

Mereel you should get Norton or NOD32 they will give the best protection against all threats. Avast is shit my friends got 13 trojans and Avast was responsable for not protecting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:34 am

btw, i agree on the avast thing. norton is best.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:39 am

Well ive got Symantec, and apparently that is the mother of all virus protection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 9:15 am

norton=symantec

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 10:24 am

That's because Avast is an Anti-Virus only. Anti-Spyware programs block Trojans. Although there are some Anti-Virus programs that block spyware as well, Avast doesn't..

Kaspersky or NOD32 in my opinion. I used older versions of Norton before and there were countless problems with it (resource hog), but I'm not sure about the latest version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 10:57 am

wehr wrote:
did you install the driver that came on disk for your graphics card, or onboard video??? if so it may be outdated. go to amd/ati website and get latest driver. have you done this?

w
e
h
r

....... I am slightly offended you guys don't think I would of thought of updating the drivers. That is the first thing I did once I got my OP working. >.<

But yeah, all of my drivers are up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 11:19 am

don't be mereel. just have to go thru the paces. did you try turning of your antivirus temporarily or reinstalling jk2? I buit 2 asus mobo amd (910e, 965) machines in the last year and neither had an issue with jk2. both had ati graphics too.

w
e
h
r

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Tue 25 Jan 2011, 3:15 pm

It's not my anti-virus, I didn't try it until you suggest it. I have re-installed jk2 numerous times. But I managed to get some idea of what it could be.. (Thank you Windows 7!)

It seems that the problem that causes this when I run JK2MP.exe is it's an APP crash. Now, I never had to deal with this with any games I have owned, so I am going to have to look a bit of details on it. But if anyone also had this problem, I would love suggestions. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Thu 27 Jan 2011, 1:37 pm

Bleh, I googled how to solve an APPCRASH, and all I am finding is "re-install the software". This is no help, so I am now out of ideas....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Thu 27 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

What version of windows 7 do you have?

Because skambak, has a problem likes yours, and he has windows 7 starter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Thu 27 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Fri 28 Jan 2011, 3:07 pm

cough cough keeping topic alive cough cough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Fri 28 Jan 2011, 4:20 pm

man mereel, i know the feeling on ur issue. i bought a new led monitor like a week ago. since i bought it my resolution kept changing when i started my computer. i finally figured out tonight why. i've been testing windows live mesh to connect to my home computer from work. it installs a windows live monitor, not real one but fake one to be used with remote connection, that starts as a service. using msconfig i finally found the service that was causeing the problem. i messed with video drivers, my new monitor drivers, etc..... the service was called Live Mesh reomote connections service. I barely used it and had no idea for a good week that was the issue. sometimes it takes time and u have to use msconfig to try and figure out if there are conflicts with something else you are running or trying to run. good hunting and find that biatch (the prob).

w
e
h
r

ps- windows live mesh is trash. stick to logmein free version if you need to connect to your computer remotely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:21 pm

mereel, you already asked nick or grimm? i guess they can help :S

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:16 am

i know the problem u got i had it once to but cant find the website for help again ._.

u got to remove a kind of driver afther that u must restart ur pc so it auto installs that driver again and then u can play again. but i m still looking for the website :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Sat 29 Jan 2011, 3:20 am

got it go to this website and download it afther that copy it to your desktop with winrar then open the file and copy it to base map of the game if this dont work tell me then i work on it then i got one more option for u :3 http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/do...load0UKhWBbFgP

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Today at 4:16 am

Back to top Go down

Temporary Setback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next