)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Temporary Setback

Go down 
+6
Boogieman
Dark Misery
fisTo
Ajunta Pall
wehr
mereel
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

Temporary Setback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 5:39 am

First topic message reminder :

I have been constructing a gaming computer for quite a few months now, and I finally finished it a few days back. It runs like a dream, playing everything I have at max settings with little effect on my processor and GPU.

But I have a problem. My jk2 seems to not like my new system, and I have tried everything to get it to work. I googled it a lot over the past few days, but I have found no solution that has worked. So I am now getting desperate, and asking for help for I can't stand being away from JK2 for so long. I rather not have to play on my laptop, but I will have to every so often until I get it to work on my new gaming computer. If anyone can help, that would mean a lot to me.

So the error I am having with JK2 is that it starts up, loading the Open GL subsystem, then starts the game, but for some reason JKMP.exe shuts down suddenly. Same for SP, and no the patch did not work, so please don't suggest that, I am not stupid.

My computer rig is as follows before anyone asks:

OP: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6850 series
Processor: AMD Athlon II x3

I am still looking, but if you can I have my MSN and Xfire always on.

MSN: elder_outcast@yahoo.com
Xfire: dartharchon

Thanks again! ^^
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tweetie

tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 3:25 am

well i can post this to sorry for double posts Razz this is last option it costed me much work to translate pfff but here it is :3

If you, like 100's of others have this error: GLW_StartOpenGL () - Could not load OpenGL subsystem read this! (Of course you have the minimum system requirements for the game! For RTCW and RTCW: ET which can be read here

1.Which video card do you have?
First you need to know which video card you have, if you do not know what video card you do the following: Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> system (which is left column) - -> (tab) Hardware -> Device Manager.
Then click the plus sign to display adapters and it says the name of your video card! (This is explained for Windows XP, I assume it is the same for other versions)

TNT or GeForce video card
Do you have a GeForce video card of the brand or go to TNT
the nvidia.com drivers download section and click when starting first under Lord upon graphics drivers, click on the type of video card you have in the second column and then in the third column, what operating system you have (windows). Click GO!, Download the driver and install it. Your problem should be fixed now.

ATI (Radeon) video card
If you have a video card of the brand ati (radeon) you go to the download section and click ati.com first in the first column on the operating system you have: eg Windows XP. then click on the type of card you have (usually RADEON) in the second column and then on the top link that Driver Download able. You will now automatically download on the right page, download the driver and install it. Your problem should be fixed now

Intel video card
If you have a video card from the Intel intel.com go to the Downloads section and click the left (blue column) on graphics and desktop graphics controller and then on the type of video card that you have. This brings you to a page where you berstuurssysteem select, select your system of government, click GO!, Download the driver, install it and your problem is solved if all is well

Matrox video card
If you have a video card from Matrox brand matrox.com go to the download drivers section and locate the type of video card that you have. click on the link in the column with your operating system (eg Windows XP), read everything right now by what you see. then after reading the "I agree to the above notice and i would like to download .... exe", download the driver, install it and your problem should be fixed.

SIS video card
If you have a video card of the brand SIS sis.com go to the download drivers section, click first in the left column IGP graphics drivers or GPU graphics drivers, just what you have. click in the middle column on the type of video card that you have and click in the right column on the operating system you have (eg Windows XP). If you now click 'GO' button you can download the driver. install the driver and should be fixed.

Voodoo 3 (3dfx) card
If you have a video card from the brand voodo (3dfx) go to: http://www.falconfly.de/voodoo3.htm Find your video card and download the driver you need. Install it and the problem should be fixed

2.Nog still not solved?
Does it still not? make sure directx is updated to the latest version: Latest version is 9.0c. Which version you can check by going to Start> Run> type in dxdiag> ok, then in the window that appears, or which version you have. Latest version can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com / directx

Does it still do not? Look here if you have hardware acceleration are disabled because this can cause it. You can see this Control Panel -> Appearance and Themes -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced ---> Troubleshooting -> Hardware acceleration slider. This may be different from other versions of Windows

LuisterenFonetisch lezen
Woordenboek - Gedetailleerd woordenboek weergeven
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 11:19 am

Umm I already installed all my new drivers Tweetie, but thanks for the suggestion. >.<

Well, I think it might be a corrupt file for it still tells me that it's an APPCRASH, which is supposedly caused by miss-installation or viruses. Seeing as I just built this computer, I can rule out viruses, so it might be the CD finally crapped out on me. It has quite a bit of scratches on it, but I didn't think it be that bad, for I seen worse.

But I am not leaning towards the fact it's a corrupt file, and that means I need a new CD. But seeing that they don't sell them anymore, I am going to have to get an ISO file. And I know just who to ask......

I will update if this fixes the problem.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

download vuze, used to be azuerus, use it to find an iso... u can plugin many bittorrnet site to it. you may have to read a bit to do this but it's a great program. i use it on my fedora (linux) servers. link below is for windows version.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

also, yea it could be your disk but if it is why did it install. have you run memtest on your machine to make sure you're not getting any errors with your ram. you might want to download and burn an iso of this and make sure you machine is running perfect. go to the prebuilt iso's and download version 4.2. burn it to a disk with something, like nero or roxio. run it at boot and let it do at least 2 passes. firtst pass is 0 and 2nd pass will read as pass 1. when i build a new machine i run this 2 passes before i even put on operating system and it's saved me a lot of headaches.

http://www.memtest.org/

w
e
h
r

Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 12:20 pm

ps - i'm suspecting some corruption on your system as it should handle jk2 with ease. you shouldn't have any probs with you vid card either.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 12:21 pm

corruption or conflict with another process.

Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 2:51 pm

Draco is supplying the ISO, my RAM is not the problem. I do have a slow HDD, but I think I fixed that before I started installing any other games by just getting the drivers to fix it. Plus my model of HDD is an oddball, but gets the job done. ^^

And I don't have anything wrong with my system, cause everything runs smooth and neat. Only JK2 gives me problems.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 4:47 pm

maybe jk2 is simply too old?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 5:18 pm

Xasomur wrote:
maybe jk2 is simply too old?

My laptop is less than 2 years old and jk2 still runs sweet as a nut on mine.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:09 am

you have windows 7 on in?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:33 am

aye
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:59 am

then HALP these, maybe your settings are better : >
see i have no clue xD
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:13 am

me either lol. I just know it runs ok, but i dont know why or how.
Back to top Go down
tweetie

tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 5:26 am

._. well ok then >_< next time say that u did that :O it costed me 15 mins to type that story abaut the error but still np :3
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 4:29 pm

DAMN IT THE ISO FILE DIDN'T WORK! RAGE RAGE RAGE! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 5:00 pm

Nevermind, I finally found a solution (THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR SAVING MY DAY). It was a stupid solution, but hell, it works! Cya guys on the server!

TOPIC CLOSED! Mr.Locky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Setback   Temporary Setback - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary Setback
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2