)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs

Go down 
+15
Dark Misery
Leonardo
Grimlore
Ajunta Pall
Proballboy
Red Death Hand
mereel
Xasomur
sebbat
TheGraanulaarian
Tenken
Dragon
Phoenix
fisTo
wehr
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wehr

Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'd be interested in hearing what are some of your favorite non-game programs. I'll start it with a torrent program. If you guys haven't tried Vuze (used to be called Azureus) you should check it out. It's a great torrent program. Give me some of your favs. It can be a utiliity program, midi or anything else. Just something that we all might not have discovered yet.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 5:46 am

CPUZ, Hardware Monitor, Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome, Xfire, MSN, Ventrilo, Windows Media Player, Filezilla, VLC Player, Gimp, and Utorrents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 7:43 am

Security

NOD32 ~ Anti - Virus
VIPRE ~ Best anti-virus ever
Zemena Anti-logger ~ A security tool to check for Spyware, for instance a keylogger.

Performance

TuneUp Utilities ~ Perfect simple maintain program. Looks for dead shortcuts, for dead registry entries and a lot of other things.

Media Applications (Converting, Playing and Downloading media files)

VLC Media Player ~ Good Media Player best for videos support a lot.
Foobar2000 ~ Excellent music player
OJOsoft Total Video Converter ~ REALLY good converter for video files supports a lot
aTubeCatcher ~ Best Youtube video or audio downloader ~ Free
Easy CD-DA Extractor ~ Excellent Audio program. Converting and Meta Editor.

Bittorrent Client

uTorrent ~ Very tiny Torrent Download Clien

Image Mount/Creater Application

PowerISO ~ Best .iso mount program and image file maker

Other

Atomic Time Synchronizer ~ Good way to automaticly Sync time. For example, every 10 min.
Pidgin ~ A LOT better than MSN plus it supports all kinds of different chat. Yahoo, MSN, GTalk name it. You can login with multiply accounts at once.
Unlocker ~ Application to "unlock" things. For example if a file is in use and you want to delete it you can right click the file and delete, rename or move it without question.
Winrar ~ Easy .zip .rar extractor
CPuz ~ Instantly check all of your system specifications, better than Dxdiag from Windows.
DAMN .nfo Viewer ~ Yes it's called like that. A Application to view .nfo files. nfo files are mostly seen while cracking software, of course open it with Notepad or Wordpad also works. This just looks fancier...

----------------------------------------------------
Hehehe

VirtuaGirl

Stripping girls on your desktop. Don't recommend downloading it if you don't know how to crack it.... Ps: I haven't got it installed Very Happy:D:D. It's just fun for once lol......

Whole sites

DachshundSoftware:

Hare: Alternative for TuneUp Utilities, boosts graphics and computer by simple disabling certain windows applications or normal once. It also can boost performance by focusing more on games, for instance, Jedi Outcast.
Anti Crash: Nice tool that fixes crashes instantly. It also provides a tool to search for bugs in drives.

-----------------------------------------------------

GRC.com ~ Best side EVAH!

Shoot The Messenger ~ instantly and easily kill the Windows Messenger service.

AND A LOT MORE. Really small programs. Some for security, some for amusement.

-------------------------------------------------

Don't Panic! ~ Instantly hide all applications in your taskbar. When working you just press a hotkey and every game or whatsoever is gone. You select a lot of different options. Don't hide .doc files and so on. Easy for when you are working and yoiu need to hide games you are playing. Or to make sure your girlfriend doesn't find adult content on your computer.

--------------------------------------------------
-------------------------

I had a LOT of software..... cFosSpeed and other stuff.... some I don't even remember... Corel Paint Pro... I always download stuff illigal so I don't have to pay for it =]. By a lot of software I mean I try out a lot. I had a shitty computer and I wanted a good application that could help me getting better performance. Like Hare and Anti-crash and Zoom. But TuneUp Utillities does the job now...

If you need ANY help installing or cracking software please use google and if you don't find anything you can knock on my door. Not in Netherland but my virtual door..... ... or something, hè, right....

~Ferret aka Lifell, StodgY

Last edited by Ferret on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 7:54 am

Ferret wrote:
Security

NOD32 ~ Anti - Virus
Zemena Anti-logger ~ A security tool to check for Spyware, for instance a keylogger.

Performance

TuneUp Utilities ~ Perfect simple maintain program. Looks for dead shortcuts, for dead registry entries and a lot of other things.

OJOsoft Total Video Converter ~ REALLY good converter for video files supports a lot

Bittorrent Client

Other

Atomic Time Synchronizer ~ Good way to automaticly Sync time. For example, every 10 min.
Pidgin ~ A LOT better than MSN plus it supports all kinds of different chat. Yahoo, MSN, GTalk name it. You can login with multiply accounts at once.
Unlocker ~ Application to "unlock" things. For example if a file is in use and you want to delete it you can right click the file and delete, rename or move it without question.
CPuz ~ Instantly check all of your system specifications, better than Dxdiag from Windows.
DAMN .nfo Viewer ~ Yes it's called like that. A Application to view .nfo files. nfo files are mostly seen while cracking software, of course open it with Notepad or Wordpad also works. This just looks fancier...

Whole sites

DachshundSoftware:

Hare: Alternative for TuneUp Utilities, boosts graphics and computer by simple disabling certain windows applications or normal once. It also can boost performance by focusing more on games, for instance, Jedi Outcast.
Anti Crash: Nice tool that fixes crashes instantly. It also provides a tool to search for bugs in drives.

Don't Panic! ~ Instantly hide all applications in your taskbar. When working you just press a hotkey and every game or whatsoever is gone. You select a lot of different options. Don't hide .doc files and so on. Easy for when you are working and yoiu need to hide games you are playing. Or to make sure your girlfriend doesn't find adult content on your computer.

I had a LOT of software..... cFosSpeed and other stuff.... some I don't even remember... Corel Paint Pro... I always download stuff illigal so I don't have to pay for it =]. By a lot of software I mean I try out a lot. I had a shitty computer and I wanted a good application that could help me getting better performance. Like Hare and Anti-crash and Zoom. But TuneUp Utillities does the job now...

geek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 7:56 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
Ferret wrote:
Security

NOD32 ~ Anti - Virus

Performance

Bittorrent Client

Other

Whole sites

DachshundSoftware:

geek.

Lol. Not everyone who sits behind the computer playing JK2 and downloading stuff is a geek...
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 8:07 am

We are geeks/nerds and we are proud of it!!!
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 8:13 am

nice ferret.. do you guys all use dd-wrt on your routers????? it's best firmware evah...
has nice wol (wake on lan). the wol on lan has saved my ass a few times when i forgot a file at home i needed for a client presentation.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
fisTo

fisTo

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 9:31 am

@mereel we are proud to be a nerd/geek. yes we are Very Happy What a Face
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 10:04 am

I dont hve idea of wht are you talking about in more than a half of the post xD. The only thing i use is Ares and Jdownloader lol, ah and Word, very important xD
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 12:31 am

Ferret wrote:
Lol. Not everyone who sits behind the computer playing JK2 and downloading stuff is a geek...

Look again at your list, and tell me what it has to do with jk2 ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 2:22 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
Ferret wrote:

Look again at your list, and tell me what it has to do with jk2 ...

Downloading stuff<----------------------------- Second the whole POINT is that it has nothing to do with playing games... Look at title =\? I don't quite get you though... I don't see a point in calling people geek when you don't even know ANYTHING about the other person.... Oh well, some people make conclusions when knowing nothing I quess =\...

Also... I didn't BUY JK2 so I used PowerISO and uTorrent..... and if that's answer is to geeky for u than so be it =\... I am a "geek" to you and I couldn't care less... I just said what programs I use you are the one that makes conclusions.

Also, I won't react on this matter anymore since it's the most dumbest reply I've seen you make. I expected more actually.

~Ferret aka Lifell, StodgY

Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 2:45 am

lol you get mad for nothing. i have an iso too for jk2 ( i use dameon tools not power iso ).
And i didn't judge you about who you are cuz i don't know who you are, but i only called you geek because of the list of 50 softs that you use on your comp, for doing so much different things on your comp, that's all. You could call me geek as well because of all tools i use / used for mapping and skinning.

Calm down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 3:34 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
lol you get mad for nothing. i have an iso too for jk2 ( i use dameon tools not power iso ).
And i didn't judge you about who you are cuz i don't know who you are, but i only called you geek because of the list of 50 softs that you use on your comp, for doing so much different things on your comp, that's all. You could call me geek as well because of all tools i use / used for mapping and skinning.

Calm down.

I wasn't raging Razz. I just found it quite weird that you said this kind of stuff XD. No ur not a geek. I think it was a misunderstanding. I thought you were kinda serious and I didn't quite get why you reacted like this so. Also there is a kinda hype under people to say that everyone sits behind the computer is a nerd which I thought u were like that lol. Geek and nerd means the same though =\...

Anyway, what was the ontopic stuff again Razz?

=]

~Ferret aka Lifell,
Back to top Go down
tweetie

tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Feb 2011, 11:09 pm

me uzes vuze Razz
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 4:22 am

GONZA's avatar!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 6:57 am

i like Firefox...and...photoshop..aannnd well the check in programm wich i am using at work called sky then i like skype annd... Anti Virus Very Happy and other programms which i wont tell you <.<
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 7:02 am

why? :oo
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 7:39 am

i use Digitale Bibliothek 4
it contains the complete latin-german, german-latin dictionary :>
its faster than using a book, and it was free, otherwise i had to pay 200 euros for that book
the only shit is, that everytime you enter a word the cd drive is accelerating, and it takes 3-5 seconds to respond... it makes me waste 5 seconds of my life each time i enter a word
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 5:29 pm

Windows Media Player......oh yeah and youtube to MP3.....google it you wont be disappointed
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 6:20 pm

Xemnas wrote:
i like Firefox...and...photoshop..aannnd well the check in programm wich i am using at work called sky then i like skype annd... Anti Virus Very Happy and other programms which i wont tell you <.<

The other programs must be rape simulators.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 10:08 pm

Or porn download clients Razz
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 4:34 am

Hektor wrote:
Or porn download clients Razz

If I was like 13 maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs   Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell us some of your favorite non-game programs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2