)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Inquisition into Lagging Punishments

Go down 
+22
KiraOrLight
Leonardo
luke
wehr
TheGraanulaarian
Pipsquid
GONZA
striker
Hektor
Vader
masterboss
fisTo
solid snake
Dragon
sebbat
Ajunta Pall
mereel
Phoenix
Proballboy
DoZeR~
Xasomur
Kernow Pilgrim
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How long should a lagger on SoL server be banned for?
1 Week
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote1010%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 10% [ 3 ]
2 Weeks
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote106%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 6% [ 2 ]
4 Weeks
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote106%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 6% [ 2 ]
2 Months
 6% [ 2 ]
4 Months
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote100%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 0% [ 0 ]
6 Months
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote1013%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 13% [ 4 ]
3 Strike System: 1 week, 1 month, unban at SoL's notice
Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote1058%Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 I_vote11
 58% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a general poll we're seeking information on what the general populace of SoL and its visitors think about the length of time a person should be banned for lagging the server, please vote for your choice. Council will take into consideration the effect of the poll to incorporate into it's working structure for dealing with laggers.

~SoL Council

Last edited by Kernow Pilgrim on Sat 26 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 12:33 pm

Majority speaks morality - I agree strongly with the three strike system and agree that we shouldn't fall into just permabanning everyone on the 3 strike warning, though that's not to say that their 3rd lagging will be dealt with lightly neither.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

yes kernow Smile ty
we shouldnt abuse that system like: finally we're able to permaban you, so BB!
i think that unban at sol's notice should get a rule... just like when we began to clean our ban list: we're putting ppl into the discussion for an unban. and we should do that BEFORE someone gets angry enough to go on bugging us so much XP
so i'd like to talk about that still^^
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 12:45 pm

Proballboy11 wrote:
i like this new 3 strike system. Smile
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 12:48 pm

i think lag script's and laggers are pretty serious. they are almost as bad as ppl that crash server. i voted for 2 month ban. there are 3 reasons ppl use them:

1: to lag ppl out of server
2: to escape from skilled players which is bs
3: to generally just piss ppl off and ruin gameplay

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 12:59 pm

@Xaso & Kernow. Yeah thats why i said "permaban", OR "at SoL's pleasure". Those who are remorseful enough and apologise for their actions, MAY be given an unban after a while (depending on who they are and how bad they lagged, and the resolve they promise), every case should be view differently however, but i want to a avoid just locking the door forever. Even if somebody has lagged 3 times, after 6 months of a ban, if they give us a formal written apology and their word that they will never commit that act again, then that case should be "considered" (by no means granted, it depends who you are).
Back to top Go down
masterboss

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:05 pm

guys lag sux , i agree with that.
you should make a poll about lamers too how should they be punished.
banning for lam seems pretty rough.
Also , can we make a section for admin abuse?
where abused people can post screenshots , and maybe the abusive admins can get punished somehow?
we never talked about that.
i remmeber FY had a section like that , for admin abuse
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:09 pm

it's interesting. A report section, both for victims of lamers and for the banned people.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

Right, its very rare we ban lamers. Firstly Autoadmin takes care of typekillers, and usually lamers are taken to office and repremanded first. Obviously some lamers dont typekill, but still attack people without reason OR be sly and take HP from people with chatbox up and then finish them when they bring it down again. I dont think i have ever banned anybody for just laming, usually you can try all sorts of tactics to prevent it. /ambantoggle, /ambanforce, /amhunted, /amsleep (as a last resort).

They problems that arise with lamers, is not punishing them, but stopping them disconneting/reconnecting to beat the system. Unfortunatley when they happens, it removes anything an admin has implemented on them. So they can lame and lame, then disconnect/reconnect, and continue laming. When people do this, rather than decided to just listen to us and calm down, then its time to consider a ban.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:14 pm

boss, in the history of our server we had only 5 lamers banned for a longer amount of time xP
one of em ulrich... no comment
one of em sanyo, he asked for it... literally xP
one of em nasty... he asked for it too... not literally, but he was really working hard for it
and one of em laaf... he did ask too, but he was joking, but his taste of humor is so bad, that we needed a break...
basically who gets a ban for laming, must have lamed for weeks... must have lamed so extensively that alot of ppl complained... ^^

and yea... i dont mind having a forum for complaints against admins ^^
Back to top Go down
masterboss

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:15 pm

Yes , for that special situation when the person is 100% lamer , but you cant ban that person for a month lets say.
What do you think about making an admin abuse section?
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

I think the concept of admin abuse is a very widely perceived subject, many people see it differently, this can be similarly seen with the concept of laming or causng offense.

This is the administrative guide for what constitutes laming in the member section:

Laming Specification Guide wrote:
In the event of laming complications --> The last person to die should have the right to declare a ceasefire. You shouldn't be able to kill somebody and then refuse to fight them so that you got the last kill, it's childish and it angers people. If you truly don't want to fight, it should suffice to be killed by the other person and then be left alone. That way the attacker is satisfied with having killed you last, and you get your peace in not having to continue fighting them.

The following things should constitute an attack:

* Anything that gives you a kill on someone
* Saber swing
* Saber throw
* Kicks
* Grip
* Lightning

The following things should NOT constitute an attack:

* Saber auto 1hp damage ticks from being turned on (not swinging)
* Push
* Pull
* Drain
* Mind Trick

The following somewhat subjective things should be EXCEPTIONS to the above rules and DO constitute an attack:

* Very repetitive use of the following Force powers on someone who is fighting someone else, or on someone who is not fighting, should count as an attack, especially if they ask you to stop and you don't (it does not constitute an attack to use these on someone who is attacking you):
o Push
o Pull
o Drain
* Purposefully damaging someone with your lightsaber's automatic 1hp damage ticks for an extended period of time, such as following a person with your lightsaber on or running up to them with your lightsaber on and standing there as they take damage, should count as an attack. If someone has their lightsaber on, and YOU walk up to THEM to purposefully take damage from their lightsaber, this does not count.
* Purposefully trying to get in the way of someone who is fighting other people or who is practicing against no one to get "attacked" by that person does not count as being attacked.

A couple special circumstances:

* Purposefully or repetitively getting in someone's way who is fighting someone else gives the fighting person the right to kill you.
* If someone is fighting someone else or practicing against no one, and you start to attack them, and they never purposefully attack you and put their saber away and make it clear they don't want to fight, then you do not have the right to continue to attack them or kill them and it is laming to do so. But if they do purposefully attack back even for a little while, you have the right to kill them even if they stop fighting during the fight.

~Council
Back to top Go down
masterboss

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:32 pm

Kernow , there are admins inside SoL that do abuse , and no offence you're one of them.

You make a public poll about what to do with laggers , why don't you make a public poll what to do with abusive admins...
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

boss ... lol. We won't call it admin abuse section xD.

But it could be good to be sure that our admins make perfect work, and also, make reports for too much annoying people easier.

Just we have to be really carefull that the section doesn't get abused.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

Jesus christ, why the fly a kite are you listening to boss?! he's not even in the friggin clan! I find it pathetic that you guys are scared of him. PATHETIC. SoL, grow balls. it's your clan, not some idiot that treats everyone like shit. Boss, grow balls. If you say you're gonna attack the forums and server and shit, just do and get it over with. You are fly a kite pathetic and a complete feline.

I don't give a damn if this is of topic, but i hate it how in every topic, everyone agrees with boss or gives him some type of compliment. SoL admins, council, whatever, have their onw clan to run. if this douschbag is going to ruin that for you by just threatening everyone and then doesn't do shit, you're gonna go down.

Edit: He shouldn't even be posting in topics like this, this is up to the members of SoL and it's council. God if i was mod and admin, i would ban him every FUC KING time I say him
Back to top Go down
DoZeR~

DoZeR~

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:06 pm

SO AGREE

Last edited by DoZeR~ on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
masterboss

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:09 pm

Dude I have nothing to say except you're probably just some kid who has no freakin life.

You are a freaking idiot , this is not about me your moron , sol cant ban me , nor from forum or server , this is about all the other persons who get abused in SOL server because of some shitty rules dating from ATS times.

And before this shitty banning started me and sol were actually friends , I even helped them , at first , before they even had the name of SOL.

Just so you know , you little lifeless kid , not every person that plays in SOL server is a SOL member , and not every person that plays in that server is a moron like you with no skill , sitting in his bubble all the time and hunting lamers.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:14 pm

You're the one that's supposed to get a life genius. when do you ever see me on? I get on like once a week since i'm actually doing REAL LIFE stuff, not like you. You're on here 24/7 like a lifeless moron. I don't give to fly a kite if not everyone who plays on the damn server, SoL can do whatever the fly a kite it feels like doing. YOU should get a life. get your ass off the computer, stop threating like a fly a kite coward and if you do make a threat, make it come true, dont juggle around with it. I don't give two shits if you helped SoL before, most of the members don't want now, give me a hug.

Don't talk if you dont know, if you ever get on the server and i'm on, look at me, im never in the bubble, i dont hunt no lamers, and i really dont give a shit if I have skill or not. That's life bub, there will always be someone better.
Back to top Go down
masterboss

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:20 pm

That's probably your life , sitting in the server , but not mine.
Now please stop swearing me and talk bullshit about me all over , you and your ats asslicker buddy herny.
just leave me the freakin alone , i m tired of trashes like you , i raped them in ats, i raped them in fy , i raped them everywhere just give me a hug , get a girl , or masturbate or something just go away please
Back to top Go down
DoZeR~

DoZeR~

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:22 pm

I DONT fly a kite CARE ATS, STOP BEING A JERK MATE Wink DONT GET ANGRY IF FOD DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

Why, to much of a sissy you are? common, hack me. Do something, oh wait, you're a little sissy. All you do is sit on this server and forum. I never get on here. Common, rape me now, rape me now that im not in ats. rape everyone on this forum, common, unless you're a sissy. rape the server common.

I won't go away. because of imbecils like you, clans go down internally. get the fly a kite out of here and make your own clan and server if you dont agree with the rules SoL puts on.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:27 pm

Pip this poll was a suggestion of Boss that ironically has nothing to do with him, and what have we got to lose? It's a social network to assimilate what the general populace of this forum feel towards laggers. The majority of people voting here are SoL, so their decision will push through the minority of non-SoL forum visitors.
I dislike Boss and he dislikes me, but sometimes we have to swallow our pride and work for the better. This isn't ATS in the sense that we bubble ourselves in our own community and block out anything from the outside. Trying to adjust to the various cultures of the game while enforcing our own in a balanced enviroment.

@ Laming - We already have a administrative guidance that if someone is sabre down killing/typekilling uncontrollably and copiously then administratives can use whatever command to temporarily stop them. Whether if it is a /amsleep or a 2/3 day ban. This is the divide when an administrative calls their action justified yet the lamer still sees it as abuse.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

Ok, enough guys. Herny, Pip, I know you guys really hate Boss, but this was made a public poll, so Boss does have a say in this....

Boss, I know you didn't start it, but please I hope we can stop the argument long enough to finish the poll. Ok masterboss? ^^
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Boss, can tou stop acting like a kid? Seriously, we are a clan, we want to play in peace, and you come here, you did it, you unbanned your friends ,now can you stop bothering us? Can you stop dekarmatizing me? Are you jealous about me? I wont get angry, you are just a kid, you need to grow some ball dude, seriously, get a life.
Back to top Go down
DoZeR~

DoZeR~

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:32 pm

THX GOD A GOOD ANSWER
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 3:32 pm

lol...
it shouldnt be funny, i still have to giggle.

1. point: boss DID hack the forum and he DID got hc pass and went our server and messed with it. the funny thing is: he can do it whenever he wants.
and if you guys were mods and admins, and you would ban him, then he would be back 1 day later and then he would rip your ass off.
i find it disturbing how ppl have so little trust in the administration. it is like: "we got admins, we're invincible..." but as soon as the admins take a decision, the one half of the members nag about it or just dont understand in the first place. i think its all fine as long as they stay respectful. but if they rage and insult and boast, its just out of place.
2.though i dont agree with your views on sol and what it shall stand for, i can assure you some things it does stand for: sympathy and compromice. boss is an asshole, yes. he is a psycho, yes. but he got us at our balls... and guess what: all he wants is a compromice. so why the heck arent we going for it? where does this arrogance come from? our server is not the most active one in jk2 because sol ppl play on it, it is because ALL ppl play on it. and i can assure you this: our arrogance and a war with boss wont be healthy for us as a clan and for our server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition into Lagging Punishments   Inquisition into Lagging Punishments - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisition into Lagging Punishments
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next