)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Admin Abuse

Go down 
+7
Kernow Pilgrim
Pipsquid
sebbat
Leonardo
Xasomur
NickdeClaw
PWNawan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

Today i am choosing to take time to registe on your forums to shed light on a subject i think most clans overlook. i've been playing on SoL's server for some 2 odd weeks now, and during those weeks, i've experienced enough admin abuse to last me a lifetime. Granted i do lame from time to time, so please don't act like im not acknowledging that; I am. However, i think that it is important for a clan to use scrutiny in who they choose to give these privileges to, because ultimately, the admins in a clan will be what the clan is known for.

There have been several times i've experienced admin abuse on your server for somewhat trivial things, like running through a duel pressing the taunt button and standing in front of characters. if i had been asked to stop, i would have. regrettably, i wasn't. instead, the admin (as an act of good intentions, i wont name him, though im sure he knows who he is) slapped me and then amexploded me. not only was it uncalled for, but it was the epitome of abuse on his part. no warning, only abuse.

the above was just one of several incidents i've had with the admins on your server. i dont need to make a list of accounts that have been generally tasteless on their part, the instance above should speak volumes on the subject.

However, i was banned today for laming, and then proceeding to rage at the admin (Lucifer) for banning Laaaaafy for laming him twice. this was my first offence for laming, and i believe the situation was not dealt with in a mature way. no, in fact, Lucifer was pretty juvenile about it, telling me several times to, and i quote, "Shut the fly a kite up". Micro tried his best to calm us both down, but at that point, i was rampaging because of said abuse, both verbally and with his admin powers. this isnt a plea to get removed from the ban list, though that would be nice. no, on the contrary, this is to hopefully shed some light on the problem that is admin abuse.

I have been admin on several servers in JK2 in the past, including <JO> and [FragRock], and can say with adamant confidence that this type of behavior wouldnt be tolerated. a kick may have been in order, but a ban is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 3:34 pm

Only the highest level admin can slap or explode, so if it happened recently it was either Sebbat or Hektor. Hektor is no longer in our clan, Sebbat is in trouble if he did this.

You're new to post here, so I can't judge whether your words carry legitimacy. I'll assume they do. LaaF's, on the other hand, do not. If he say someone admin abused, it's most likely they did not. He has no credibility.

Taking you for your word, it sounds like Sind is using admin inappropriately. If it happens enough, the Council may intervene. Other than that, we elect our admins every 6 months, so it is the entire clan's fault if we have not selected admins with enough scrutiny. In the event that the Council does not reprimand Sind, perhaps he will not be admin when we next re-elect admins in 3 months.

I'll remove you from the ban list.
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

well, i wasnt aware, but yes, it was sebb.

i only ask that you guys uphold your "torch of fairplay" or whatever it is that you claim to be.

am i to be removed from the ban list?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

yea, you should be removed. you didnt play much on sol. and you didnt play long enough to deserve a ban. xP
in fact only ppl who come here constantly with a violant manner get banned... for example laaaf... but he got alot of friends here, which makes it even harder to be fair. but we try our best.
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

i assume you went back and checked the server logs and saw what was happening? Sure, Laaaaaafy lames a lot. but you need to be aware you have SoL members that lame as well. just today i was sending a text message while sitting in the temple when one of your members (again, i wont include a name as an act of good faith) began kicking and sabering me. now, i put down my phone and made short work of him, but thats beside the point.

Thank you both for reading over this. Your maturity is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:33 pm

Pwny....Sebb did that because you were mouthing off to him and throwin insults. Look I get your humor, I really do but some ppl are just sensitive (especially to laming). One of those ppl is Sebb. Make sure to be careful in the future ok?^^
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

Dude, If you are interrupting my duel, and annoying me, i asked you to WAIT, until my duel finishes, and you didnt wanted to, so i slept you because i wanted to duel in peace, if that's not a good reason, i dont fly a kite know what is.

And btw, you are laming me all the time in temple now, and im not even fighting you

BTW: Yes, i amexplode him 2 times, cause i unslepped him, because i thought that he was to stop interrupting my duel, but no, he didnt stopped, so i amexplode him, i know that its bad, but i got really raged..

Last edited by sebbat on Wed 02 Mar 2011, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

Everytime i get on the server, pwnawan is laming. So I see no reason why seb did what he did.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:42 pm

See Pwny? Now everyone is freakin mad at you!

But yeah I see you lame each person at least twice when im on....except if its Xaso.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 4:46 pm

PWNawan I assume there is validity in your claims and respectfully ask the returning favour that you do not think the general aesthetic of a clan lies within one of two of its administrators. Albeit administrators should show much more maturity in their words and actions but like Nick says we take the blame as a clan because it is us that elected them.

As Xaso says you're unbanned from the lists, in respect to the actions of what appears to be Seb and Sindwinder I can only apologise on their behalf, patience wears thin with people who abuse server rules as of late, yet their behaviour shouldn't be such and likewise with Xaso and Nick, I share their dissapointment.

While accepting the fact that your actions are not worthy of a ban again provocative actions and insults on the server are not to be tolerated and if a polite question doesn't suffice to stem this breach of contract then we have the right to use administration in the degree that it takes to prevent such poor attitude. Obviously this happens even within SoL so while you don't name names for the people that lame you on the contrary I would appreciate screenshots and names so we can take action to prevent it in the future.

~K.P
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 5:00 pm

I didnt come here to argue Sebb. however, i will not back change my story. i wasnt not asked to wait, or to stop. likewise, i wasnt slept, i was SLAPPED, and then amexploded, which Timmy cheered for. Kernow, you seem reasonable enough, so i will address you directly now. I admitted to the occasional laming. i have no issues with problem ownership. i think it's vital however, that your administrators be careful with what they do. there is a very limited ammount of players on Jk2 thes days, and if you abuse enough of them, they will either stop coming, or start coming just to flood the server and abuse the rules. i only began using insults when others began talking crap and abusing. i didnt start flaming sind until he banned laaafy for laming two people in the temple. likewise, i didnt get pissed and become relentless until sebb slapped/exploded me. i've been taken off the ban list, so i think this thread should be locked and we should all put this behind us. i've been respectful, and i expect the same from you guys.
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

Nono, i never slaped you, you asked like for bespin, and i told you to wait, you didnt wanted to stop, i was dueling, and you didnt cared, you were there, like a kid, interrupting the duel, kicking me when i was in the duel, insulting me, i told you to move 3 tiems, you didnt do that, so i slept you, you started to call me abuser, so i unslepped you, and then you started again to interrupt the duel, so i amexploded you because i got really raged.

Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

are u kidding me pwnawan?? I know u are respectful at times.. but today what u first did to sebb, and now claiming u did nothing??? Really first it's kind of sad u joined with laaaaaf and rebornmaster to try to kill me.
So when i was talking to micro, u just keep annoying, when i kept telling u to stop, micro told u to stop...
Guess what u kept going, Im not gonna rage out of this, but i had my reason to do it... Sure u are new, but U act like laaaaafy, and that is why he will never learn...
Put me into exile idc.. I have enough drama in my life, and i can be at peace with myself on the server talking to friends without them or others killed while talking..
You think it's all about being a admin NO! I was trying to talking to micro most of the time, but you idiot kept harassing me to death...
Do as u wish, but this is getting rediculous what i have to put through
I did my job again, that is all im gonna say..
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

LordSindwinder wrote:
are u kidding me pwnawan?? I know u are respectful at times.. but today what u first did to sebb, and now claiming u did nothing??? Really first it's kind of sad u joined with laaaaaf and rebornmaster to try to kill me.
So when i was talking to micro, u just keep annoying, when i kept telling u to stop, micro told u to stop...
Guess what u kept going, Im not gonna rage out of this, but i had my reason to do it... Sure u are new, but U act like laaaaafy, and that is why he will never learn...
Put me into exile idc.. I have enough drama in my life, and i can be at peace with myself on the server talking to friends without them or others killed while talking..
You think it's all about being a admin NO! I was trying to talking to micro most of the time, but you idiot kept harassing me to death...
Do as u wish, but this is getting rediculous what i have to put through
I did my job again, that is all im gonna say..

Well you must be some geniues, if you wanted to talk with micro without being harassed, you could of went into duel mode with him. So noone will be able to touch you (no admin necessary). But since you have mental issues, and only rely on admin, you couldn't have thought of that. YOu have drama in you're life? Go fix that drama first, leaders and people in the council should not have mental issues. It interferes and causes problems with what they are really supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:20 pm

your job is to moderate, not ban. i think your council here would agree that a less than 3 lames and not even 20 minutes on the server are grounds for a ban.

ultimately, its a game, not a chat room. we come on to play, and thats what we do. wanna chat, go on xfire, facebook, whatever.

like i said, i wont argue with either of you. if the council so wishes, they can go check server logs to see what happened during both incidents. laaaaafy and a I are more than capable of keeping the peace, its usually not until someone has something to say or mistreats us when we start our crap. I am not a new player, ive had JK2 since 2002 and have likely played it longer than yourself. albeit i have taken many breaks over the years, and have just recently come back, i still know how things work.

also, i understand that you may have personal problems IRL. and im sorry to hear that, i am. however, this is a videogame, and if it's somehow causing more stress, maybe you arent doing it right?
Back to top Go down
masterboss

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

Another abuser in SOL.
We got Phoenix who else?Smile
When are you guys going to learn that abuse is not to solution?
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:44 pm

I checked the logs, PWNawan wasn't slapped, he was slept and exploded as Sebb says. PWNawan you're probably confused because sleep knocks you down (in addition to preventing you from moving and putting a bubble around you). Slap is different in that it knocks you down while knocking you up into the air, and there's no bubble.

Here is the relevant log information from that specific incident:

)>SoL<(~Sebb: tim please
)>SoL<(~Sebb: sleep him
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: what? lol
Admin Sleep: )>SoL<(~Sebb -> pwn
)>SoL<(~Sebb: thanks
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: XDXD
<dE>PWNawan~P: thats called admin abuse
)>SoL<(~Sebb: seriously
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: got him lol
)>SoL<(~Sebb: stop
<dE>PWNawan~P: and its very unbecoming
)>SoL<(~Sebb: interrupting duels
)>SoL<(~Sebb: dude
)>SoL<(~Sebb: i will change
)>SoL<(~Sebb: to bespin
)>SoL<(~Sebb: later
<dE>PWNawan~P: isnt in your info at the begemnning
)>SoL<(~Sebb: chill out
<dE>PWNawan~P: so it isnt an official rule
)>SoL<(~Sebb: Im dueling
)>SoL<(~Sebb: with him
<dE>PWNawan~P: we can contest this on your forums if youd like
)>SoL<(~LordSindwinder: why is he sleeping..
)>SoL<(~Sebb: Dont interrupt the duel
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: Dude be chill dawg mkay?
)>SoL<(~Sebb: Next time
)>SoL<(~Sebb: you do that
<dE>PWNawan~P: id be happy to discuss this with your council
)>SoL<(~Sebb: i just amexplode you
<dE>PWNawan~P: thought so
)>SoL<(~Sebb: wait
)>SoL<(~Sebb: listen
)>SoL<(~Sebb: interrupt the duel 1 more time
)>SoL<(~Sebb: and i amexplode you
Admin Explode: )>SoL<(~Sebb -> 7
<dE>PWNawan~P killed himself.
<dE>PWNawan~P: do it faggot
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
<dE>PWNawan~P: moar
<dE>PWNawan~P: temple
)>SoL<(~Sebb: i take pics
)>SoL<(~Sebb: im so scared
)>SoL<(*TimSkywalker: XD
)>SoL<(~Sebb: Seriously dude
)>SoL<(~Sebb: stop
Admin Explode: )>SoL<(~Sebb -> 7
<dE>PWNawan~P killed himself.
<dE>PWNawan~P: temple
<dE>PWNawan~P: man
<dE>PWNawan~P: laaaf can you believe these chickenshit admins?
Back to top Go down
masterboss

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:47 pm

Yea , I guess sleep and explode isnt admin abuse.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:47 pm

Lol Sebb was pretending that I was HC just to clear up any confusion!
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:49 pm

unlessive forgotten some dialogue, or something was left out, i was right in saying there was no previous warning?
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Seb seems to be fairly clear that if you interrupt the duel again you will be exploded. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Just because he put an /amsleep on you doesnt mean you need a warning!! LOL. In fact i remember the incident quite well. You kept just standing in the middle of a duel Sebb and I were having and you wouldnt move when he told you to. Then thats where the log started that Nick posted above.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:58 pm

I didn't see any warnings in the couple minutes preceding the start of what I posted. It may have been earlier, but I didn't check too far back. It looked like there was no warning before the sleep, and warnings before the explode.

I don't think explode or slap should ever be used without the target's consent, so that can be construed as abuse. The sleep was not abuse however; interrupting duels is breaking the "BE RESPECTFUL" rule that is on the server's MOTD.
Back to top Go down
PWNawan

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 6:59 pm

if you say so.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

Smile Pwny!! Are you banned? NO!! Geez cmon man the glass is half full!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Admin Abuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next