)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Lagged server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

PostSubject: Lagged server   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 6:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry that I couldnt get any info. Was on the server with Micro and Matt and the server just froze. I got on Xfire chat with Matt and he said that a "Padawan" was lagging the server. Actually im on the lagged server right now talking to Matt and we need an admin's help I guess. Cant reach anybody thru Xfire so help!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
gunnarwish

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

well i ask most of time but it not always happens :(olny a few admins do it some even give empower to lamers Sad and if some good players lame they get attacked by ppl that got empower lucky i didnt sawed this for a while now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:26 pm

they arn't really admins, they can only change basic server configs, no personnal commands, the only thing they can do is what i said before, and the chat channel.

They have no ability about nothing else. So the guys which give empower arn't the same people.

And that doesn't happen much now, people don't give emp too ez. Last time i dealt emp and term to the server to some guys, i have to take it off the 30 seconds later from 2 guys already, cuz they abused it. So it makes too much work to admins to look after the server when they deal emp. You shouldn't meet this anymore now, or not too much.

And in the case you talked, well, i know, i've seen that happening sometimes, but all you can do, is come in the forum to report this, because it can be considered as abuse.

And if the emped guys are sols ... it's problematic ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunnarwish

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

like of what i read of you your a good admin aju lol you atleast take it off when gaved when u see they
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 11:02 pm

bah, i'm not a good admin, i just make normal things. I'd be good admin if i'd more than my job, benefic for the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:06 am

PWNawan wrote:
its very apparent that your members are as guilty of this shit as we are.

nope. they did not lag the server. like aju said: lagging the server was no solution. mercy could have been coming to the forum right away and he had no ban, but still we would care for this problem.

telerunning is two-faced: if someone really DOESNT want to fight and not get lamed, i think its legitimate to just get off running to temple, where it isnt allowed. but then he shall not fight the lamer.
but i do see ppl starting off a fight with someone, then gets pwnd in the ass and then run over the map. funny thing is: i never saw a sol do that. (well i did: phantom, but phantom wasnt long in sol, she didnt get member because of the way of playing, and then phantom had to leave our clan)

when wehr gets on, ppl tend to automatically turn emotes off. and i turn them off when i see any abuse of emotes.
but listen: normal members are not there to moderate the server, no one shall EXPECT from them to do things like bubble removing, tunring-off emotes or turning-off teleports. but what you can do is NICELY ASK... but guess what the problem is: if you insult them, threat them, make them down, fight them (doesnt even have to lame them, but if you are fighting them, they wont be pleased by getting pwned) then they are likely not wishing to fulfill your request.

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunnarwish

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:39 am

i see some kid named Rex kicking ppl with bubble on well always he got a bubble and attack ppl with it or whne some is fighting he comes in and kick you with a bubble and you cant protect yourself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 2:41 am

for this each member can say "bubbles=off" and the guy won't have bubble at his next spawn.

but they don't want to totally disable it like in other servers cuz it won't let people to talk freely or such. So default is bubbles on, and it needs someone abusing it to put it off. So just ask a member, as well as for emotes and teleports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:38 am

Rex is kind of a scrub so I dont think he knows. I'll make sure to pass on the message when I see him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunnarwish

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:47 am

see now this is the way of trying to solve the problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:36 am

I m not sure if the lag execution script does not affect the server when the serverlog is turned off, because it always write the lines when a client changes his identity(model, name, colors, etc...) but yeh it is hard to turn it off bc you want have everything logged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:56 am

mantA wrote:
I m not sure if the lag execution script does not affect the server when the serverlog is turned off, because it always write the lines when a client changes his identity(model, name, colors, etc...) but yeh it is hard to turn it off bc you want have everything logged.

there are other ways to flood a server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:07 am

Hm yeah i fear it is true that there are too mwny openings in thid dcmod.. hmmm i guess you gotta get a hex editor and patch some things to get not lagged.. ( a stupid idea but i dunno much about assembler anymore:( )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:21 pm

Lol wow bad karma lolz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:39 am

with a custom mod you can prevent logs to be flooded, just by giving time between each model change / name change or else. Nap has done it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 1:26 am

Actually the other mods do have the anti flood protection and napsmod is descended from clanmod. He just added forceduel without full force which i found that poor in comparison of dcmod. I dont knoe any other mod than dcmod which is floodable while jamod can be crashed with invalid forcestring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 3:35 am

To correct PWNawan and merC - The people that provoked merC to do the unexcusible were not SoL members. They are under a test of initiation to better know the clan, Fireman isn't doing well. Neutral

Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 5:37 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
with a custom mod you can prevent logs to be flooded, just by giving time between each model change / name change or else. Nap has done it.

you are correct. we've made our server almost foolproof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 6:00 am

That s good to hear. A secured server makes ppl play without getting disturbed by exploiters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunnarwish

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 6:00 am

now only abusers Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 7:17 am

Nah, we dont have admin abusers on our server either. most of us dont even log in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Fri 04 Mar 2011, 8:33 am

hmm hehe, our server is so less populated that we dont even need so many admins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lagged server   Today at 3:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Lagged server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2