)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Im new skin maker

Go down 
+6
Axel
SkullCrusher
Vader
Micr0
Leonardo
Power
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Power
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Power

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 7:36 am

Hi all!

i stry make skins now. i use gimp and paint. Very Happy
i want someone tell little about skins.

i ask help for ajunta he promes me help, but now aju only say secret!
And i need information. pls can someone tell little more about skin make. Razz
are some white skin waht can make? white kyle, rebron, rodian?
how save and make skins work? My skin tests never work. Surprised

and why aju promes help and now not help????? Neutral
are that aju real?

and hey ask if oyu wan ti make skin ^^
and pls little help :3
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 9:27 am

Power wrote:
i ask help for ajunta he promes me help, but now aju only say secret!

Lol I was there Power. I'm pretty sure Aju has no idea what you are talking about. He wrote a "do it yourself" skin page thats on the forum, but this "Skin maker" you are asking for does not exist.
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Lol..
Power just experiment with Gimp, Get used to all the colors, and Fixes and stuff.. Spend a day editing pictures, or torso's of skins, read, Read, READ! The more you read, the more you will know. Try to be creative with your creations. Once you know cool stuff that you learn from gimp, you can make Bad ass skins. Adding pictures sometimes can be creative. Btw Paint is no0b, never use it.

~Micr0z~
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Photoshop ftw Razz
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

Gimp is wayy better than photoshop!! :p

~Micr0z~

Last edited by Micr0 on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

meh Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
SkullCrusher

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:33 am

Use only Photoshop and/or Gimp Smile! Paint sucks for skinning Smile I should know since I used to skin back in the days Very Happy And Micro: Gimp is NOT better than Photoshop Smile At least not the version I have (I have the newest version) Smile Gimp have a lot of similar features, and it's a free program, but it does NOT rule out Photoshop Razz It's new Content-Aware features rules makes PS rule the world! And even without the C.A. features, the CS4 version still kicks the ass of Gimp a bit Razz Here's the other two programs that you will need: jediknight3(DOT)filefront(DOT)com/file/Wasabees_Skinning_Tools;44127 ModView (A good way to see if your model works without having to open up JK2) and PakScape to get the (As an example) Jk2 Reborn as a ref. Razz

RavenSoftware used to have free - white/clean skins of reborn's and stuff like that on filefront, but the link isn't working anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

This is why i think Gimp is better!

1. GIMP has a simple and easy to use Graphical User Interface compared to a more cluttered working environment in Photoshop.

2. GIMP has a way lighter footprint than Photoshop. You don’t need plenty of disk space to install GIMP. The size of Gimp’s installer is less than 20MB; Photoshop could be around 600MB.

3. GIMP is wicked fast. The minimum recommended RAM requirement to run GIMP is only 128MB. The latest version of Photoshop will probably need 512MB at minimum.

4. GIMP has the right amount of essential features that I need. I think Photoshop is way too bloated and some of its included features are unnecessary.

5. GIMP can read and write most Photoshop native PSD format files, but Photoshop does not support GIMP's native XCF file format.

6. GIMP has a more powerful automation than Photoshop.

7. GIMP's open development model means that it is much more readily available on more operating systems, plugin development is not limited by developers and as such has no need to compete with Photoshop; by comparison, access to Adobe Photoshop's SDK requires authorization.

8. GIMP is available at no cost compared to Photoshop’s hefty price tag.

~Micr0z~
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:51 am

Micr0 wrote:
This is why i think Gimp is better!

1. GIMP has a simple and easy to use Graphical User Interface compared to a more cluttered working environment in Photoshop.

2. GIMP has a way lighter footprint than Photoshop. You don’t need plenty of disk space to install GIMP. The size of Gimp’s installer is less than 20MB; Photoshop could be around 600MB.

3. GIMP is wicked fast. The minimum recommended RAM requirement to run GIMP is only 128MB. The latest version of Photoshop will probably need 512MB at minimum.

4. GIMP has the right amount of essential features that I need. I think Photoshop is way too bloated and some of its included features are unnecessary.

5. GIMP can read and write most Photoshop native PSD format files, but Photoshop does not support GIMP's native XCF file format.

6. GIMP has a more powerful automation than Photoshop.

7. GIMP's open development model means that it is much more readily available on more operating systems, plugin development is not limited by developers and as such has no need to compete with Photoshop; by comparison, access to Adobe Photoshop's SDK requires authorization.

8. GIMP is available at no cost compared to Photoshop’s hefty price tag.

~Micr0z~

In short GIMP is better for those who are too lazy to read.
Back to top Go down
Power
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Power

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 5:55 am

Im lazy read.
I do skins.

But how save skin in right program?
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 6:02 am

Do save as... and below where you name the file you should be able to choose what file type you save as.
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

I use gimp for skinning outside of Counter Strike: Source, since that game has a weird image file type that I can't find the plugin for in gimp. So I use photoshop for css
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Sorry, but the topic name reminded me of I'm will have guns
Back to top Go down
SkullCrusher

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

Photoshop <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 12:57 am

Photoshop is expensive. Do you have money?!
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 2:06 am

No mantA. Hes an American Hobo.

Of course he has money Razz
Back to top Go down
SkullCrusher

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 3:26 am

Lol Tim? I am not American xD? - I have Adobe Master Collection CS5.5 Razz
Back to top Go down
Power
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Power

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 4:57 am

i hope some oen can little tell some things. and how save and test and use ^^
im little new Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

Ooh a Danish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SkullCrusher

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 11:21 pm

Yeah I am danish Razz Power, use the link I posted on the first page of this topic! Smile It include the only two programs you need besides GIMP or Photoshop Smile!
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 6:20 am

Power you do realise that you need to edit the skin.model file to make it your own if you skip that part only pain the textures on your character then it will only do good as a replacement skin for the original skin.

Btw, GIMP works very good for editing textures but I recomend photoshop because it has the amazing clone brush ( or something like that it was called ) which allows you to spray on a different area on a picture and it will clone the area and then all you have to do is to spray the clone brush on your textures and the small area of the picture you cloned/copied will appear with a fade like effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im new skin maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im new skin maker   Im new skin maker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im new skin maker
Page 1 of 1