)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

@Reform Debate announcement in the marquee

Go down 
+2
Ajunta Pall
Lord_Draco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

@Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Empty
PostSubject: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 9:52 am

I would like to see what this SoL Reform Debate contains.

As someone interested in bringing clans together as well as bringing back the spirit of friendship and fun to the clan, I'm very interested.

I also feel that I should be allowed to partake in said discussion due to how long I was a member of SoL.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 10:53 am

just drop it off, i tried what i could, but it's worthless spending any effort into it
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

I can't even see it. I want to see it. I feel I should have the right to see it due to how long I was here.

As far as if it is worthless to spend effort into it. It probably is, but it probably is not. The fact is, I want to put my opinions in there and THEN deem it not worthy of any more effort should people not rationally interpret my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 3:11 am

Draco, your input would be appreciated... if it wasn't for the fact that there's few people here who'd hear you out. I believe everyone's lost the will to sustain the clan. What's the idea behind reformations, really ? Is it not to attract new players ? The flaw lies in that there will be no new recruits. In this age, the game barely gets attention. As for the veterans, many of them got bored of the lack of challenge and stagnancy in JK2 and moved on to different activities.

The clan's structure was designed to house many of various goals and aims, but as the time flew, the playerbase dried up. Those who stayed, soon chose to focus on their most precious aspects of gameplay and left for communities which satisfied their interest. We are neither built around nf nor ff. This setup made for great experiences while in our prime, but without fresh blood things slowly came to a halt. And again, this was just a static function of time, not that much influenced by clan decisions.

You could either remodel the clan to draw in players or remake it from scratch, changing its very core. The former option is (was...) being discussed now, and the latter one would effectively put an end to the Sunrise of Liberty.

Quote :
bringing back the spirit of friendship

That's just throwing phrases, man... was friendship not prevalent here ? Total Tournaments ? Chatter on the server ? Duels with stupid bets ? Master - Padawan relations ? GIF threads and goofiness on the forums ? To some, "friendship" has become their rosary, a surefire chant that magically solves every problem. What you can't see is that we wouldn't have survived this long if it was not an obvious bond between us.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 8:50 am

The topic is barely over a month old; I don't think that amount of time is an indication of its being useless. Whether or not there exists a stream of new players determines whether or not a reformation of SoL is useful. From what I've seen it seems that the new player count has dropped off significantly in the past 6 months. If I'm wrong though, there's still an opportunity to revive the server to what it "used to be."

We need to be realistic about our purpose, though. If there are new players, we can try to reform to relive the past again. If there aren't, though, maybe we should be satisfied with providing a place for old souls to come back to periodically.

If there are still some new players, I firmly believe that the way to increase activity in the game is to have fun. On the server, unscheduled events need to take place at least twice weekly, and ideally multiple times per day. Maybe we should elect or appoint a new position in the clan: Grand Master of Festivities

lol.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
The topic is barely over a month old; I don't think that amount of time is an indication of its being useless. Whether or not there exists a stream of new players determines whether or not a reformation of SoL is useful. From what I've seen it seems that the new player count has dropped off significantly in the past 6 months. If I'm wrong though, there's still an opportunity to revive the server to what it "used to be."

We need to be realistic about our purpose, though. If there are new players, we can try to reform to relive the past again. If there aren't, though, maybe we should be satisfied with providing a place for old souls to come back to periodically.

If there are still some new players, I firmly believe that the way to increase activity in the game is to have fun. On the server, unscheduled events need to take place at least twice weekly, and ideally multiple times per day. Maybe we should elect or appoint a new position in the clan: Grand Master of Festivities

lol.

Well, my main purpose on starting this thread was to state that I would like to:

A) View this topic

B) Add constructive input on the topic

I may be in another clan, but I do not believe that should matter. I feel I've been in SoL long enough to where I should be able to get that much.

I'm not going to debate things here, so I guess it's all down to if you want input from me or not. I can't really coherently suggest anything without knowing specifically what is being discussed, which is why I would like to see it with my own two eyes.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

There are some good reasons for keeping it private. We may announce our plans once we decide on them, and outside input can always still be considered regardless of direct participation. The topic is about ways to restructure the clan's server, website, rules, administrative positions, elections, and/or focus. Really any suggestions that could strategically realign what we do toward reviving activity on the server and - perhaps as a wider goal - reviving activity in JK2 in general are all useful suggestions. It would be helpful if you came up with a bulleted list of the most important things you think we should consider, and a brief description of any necessary specifics. Short and sweet is most effective; just get people considering your ideas.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
Whether or not there exists a stream of new players determines whether or not a reformation of SoL is useful.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 5:55 am

maybe u need to look on the inside, not just the structure of the clan, but the members as well. Attitude, maturity and abusing can have a huge influence on everything in a clan.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

maybe you should think more about the already existing members and players of jk2, the ones which make live this community and almost never go, and are the real constant actors of this game.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 3:12 pm

um aju that is what i basically said lol..
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 1:48 am

heavily basically. I talked about jk2 players in general, not just sol members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee   @Reform Debate announcement in the marquee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

@Reform Debate announcement in the marquee
Page 1 of 1