)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Tutorials and stuff

Go down 
+3
Ajunta Pall
Xasomur
Conny.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Conny.

Conny.

Tutorials and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 6:52 am

Hey guys.
I've been trying to find tutorials for 1.04 but I can't find any. Would any of you like to make one?
I got help from one of you on the server but it'd be a great idea to make a tutorial.

Not only for moves and stuff, but also for the features in the patch. Most people feel really weird when they switch over to the patch because things are so different.

Ciao!
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 8:27 am

huh?
what kind of stuff you would like to have explained?

look, i dont even know other patches... i only know the unpatched version, but no-one knows that version anymore ^^ i once even got yelled at, because someone didnt wanna believe that there was an unpatched one ^^
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

well, if you really want to know, read the "read me", cuz none of us can really tell you that.

All i can tell you bymyself, is that dfa and backslash bugs have been fixed, the force and kick are different also.
Back to top Go down
Conny.

Conny.

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 9:12 am

Hm okay.
Yeah I have no idea what "patch" that comes with the game is called. I think it's 1.02? Or something..

I'll try and find that readme, there seems to be a lot of small tidbits like those /dcsit commands and stuff. So new and interesting commands you might need, is something I'd like to know more about. As well as techniques and stuff, fighting styles.

You know "how to fight well" in a nutshell. I'm trying to get better at the moment to be able to pass the tests and all that stuff to become a member in the future.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

lol, for that no problem anyone will teach you how to fight in 1.04.
About those commands /dc blabla, it's just dcmod, on of the numerous mods of 1.04. They are basically emotes, to know them just do /dchelp emotes
Back to top Go down
Conny.

Conny.

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

Oh alright, thanks man.
I didn't know you could have mods now, neat.
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 2:59 pm

Some older JK2 versions came out with 1.02, later ones with 1.03, latest ones with 1.04..

1.02: You can move while doing red dfa, you can drag backslashes that can do up to 198 dmg with it (I think). There are certain bugs that can make you invisibilie and such. You can get knockdowned while moving by getting pulled, gks aren't as flexible, you can't do an upperkick gk, kicks are more flexible, drain spam is easier to make, etc.

In Short: The gameplay is about fighting mainly with backslashes, and sometiems backstabs.

-There are a lot of videos on youtube displaying 1.02 gameplay.

1.03: Kind of a combination of 1.02 and 1.04, gk is flexible, still can drag backslashes, still can fall easily, some bugs fixed, etc.

In Short: It's more similiar to 1.02, the gameplay is mostly about backslashes and backstabs with some 1.04 elements.

1.04: Gk more flexible, saber combat is more advanced, you aren't able to drag backslashes, or move while red dfaing in air, you can't do uppercut in air, you don't fall so easily, etc.

In Short: Basically takes away the whole fighting with backslashes idea which is major in the other two versions, and changes it into more about pk, st, combos, saber combat, etc. all depending on who your playing..

-1.02 and 1.04 are the most active versions, 1.03: not so much.

There's a mod/utility called JK2Launcher or another called PatchCommander (I think) that lets you switch between the three versions, because some people prefer the gameplay in the older versions.

All of the versions require skill and are interesting, just different. I prefer 1.04 because the fighting is more flexible, a lot easier to have your own style, plus the dueling/saber combat is much more advanced and realistic. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Conny.

Conny.

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012, 11:14 pm

As much as I appreciated your reply, I don't understand those terms "Gk" and such.
That's another thing I don't know anything about. I know what a few things are like DFA, but there's a lot of shorts these days.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 12:57 am

Well, I'll teach you what I know.
Back to top Go down
Conny.

Conny.

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 9:32 am

Igrom wrote:
Well, I'll teach you what I know.

I appreciate that! I think you've already trained me some before.
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2012, 5:00 am

SK = Super Kick

DFA = Death From Above (Special moves for saber basically)

KS = Kick Script

GK = Grip Kick

BS = Back Slash

eVc = player :@

jkbot = eVc's wallhax, aimbot, etc.

All I can think of.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2012, 5:25 am

ST = Saber Throw.

PK= Pull Kick

STPK = SaberThrow+Pull kick.

Well,I hope I helped lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorials and stuff   Tutorials and stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorials and stuff
Page 1 of 1