)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)

Go down 
+24
ShadowPC56579
Vader
Kameleon
Veridus
Lucifer
Trinity'
Reaver
Light
Meanie.
GavinGaile
EpicJK2
Azarath
4Urban
Angelis
Hektor
Alpha'
Garretfire
Zelah
Leonardo
Kernow Pilgrim
Xasomur
KingYodah
Battledroidlover
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

If anyone has any skins that aren't part of the SoL Skin Pack, post the link here. So that I may add it to the new upcoming skins download section. Smile

Hey guys, Joe requested a video on how to make a skin. Here is the link to the playlist!

JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) & Basic GIMP Tutorial

Last edited by Vader on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:38 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ShadowPC56579

ShadowPC56579

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul 2017, 12:10 pm

Just use the OOT Skin, And pick from this crap, And the ultimate Monstrocity is born.
Back to top Go down
ShadowPC56579

ShadowPC56579

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul 2017, 2:12 pm

If there's a mario skin, Stuff can be done with this!
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Aug 2017, 12:21 pm

Hey guys, Joe requested a video on how to make a skin. Here is the link to the playlist! (Only the first 2 parts of the tutorial are uploaded currently)

JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) & Basic GIMP Tutorial

I've also added this to the topic's post, and renamed it as well.

Edit: Seems like editing the first post/topic name changed it from a Sticky post to a normal post, so I turned it into an announcement since I don't see any way to make it a Sticky again. Unless an FA can do it? Either way I guess it doesn't really matter. lol

Last edited by Vader on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Aug 2017, 1:16 pm

You sir, are my favorite Canadian.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

All 4 parts of the tutorial have been uploaded ! JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) & Basic GIMP Tutorial

• Part 1 is me talking about PakScape which is what I use to make/organize the .pk3 files. The link for PakScape is in the description for Part 1.

• Part 2 and 3 is me going through the tools/features of GIMP. (Only the first 3 minutes or so from the 2nd part are necessary, and the rest is optional, as well as part 3 is optional) The link to the description for GIMP is in the description for Part 2 and 3.

• Part 4 is me actually making a skin (only the torso), explaining the do's and don'ts about saving and how it may effect the game, and actually showing the skin off in game.

Hopefully this helps you Joe, and anyone else who'd be willing to try out skinning ! I'm planning on doing one more video that has to do with custom sounds since I only briefly talked about it. So that'll most likely happen tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions you can always ask !
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Aug 2017, 11:07 am

You should make it Let's play GIMP and put it to your series Razz
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2018, 4:20 pm

Added:

• SoL Skin Pack.pk3 - Replace this with your current SoL Skin Pack and you'll have the new reskin of Dante that Power found. The model names are: dante_reskin (/red and /blue), dante_nosword_reskin (/red and /blue) I've made it so the old Dante skin is still available to those who want it. (which is just: dante and dante_nosword (/red and /blue for both))

Sorry Power I haven't gotten to your skin, I ended up forgetting during the first half of spring break and I had to study for the second half. Not sure when I'll get to it, but eventually. xD
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2018, 5:14 pm

I am currently attempting to do Power his skin. I quikly made a rather dirty edit in an hour time or so. perhaps i will continue this on some day or time.
Back to top Go down
GRAMMER
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
GRAMMER

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2018, 7:53 am

just a question how do i find a blue swamptrooper skin from game files
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2018, 8:18 am

You need to go to your base folder, and find the assets0.pk3 To look inside the file you can either rename the extension .pk3 into .zip, you can use PakScape, and you can use 7zip or WinRar.

Once you open the file you'll see a lot of folders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Go to the models folder, and then players folder. Inside you'll see all the character model folders.

Look for the swamptrooper folder, and inside you'll see different types of files.

The files that have "_blue" are the blue swamptrooper.

Look at my video tutorial for more information about making a skin.
Back to top Go down
GRAMMER
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
GRAMMER

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2018, 8:18 am

Lol i wanted to stick a snail head on it but nah
Back to top Go down
Power
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Power

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2018, 1:34 pm

Im not in hurry whit my skin, but if you ever have time to take a look at skin that me and Exi started making for me, i would be honored to send it to you. I think it really needs some improments.
-Team colors
-Little bit better sounds
-Some repainting

But if you want you can start whole new skin too. Im happy whit anything that is made for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2018, 5:27 am

Did you notice that you still keep writing "whit" instead of "with"? Razz

I thought a bit about new skin, but I'm kind of without ideas now soo lol
Back to top Go down
Power
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Power

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2018, 3:06 pm

Yes, i have some spelling errors. I try to fix them.

Well, when i started thinking about skin first things i considered were:
-what gind skin i want?
-what i want in my skin?
-what model suits that best?
-can i make it with these things?

Back to top Go down
TroOP-er
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
TroOP-er

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 11:37 pm

Don't know if this is actually on the list or not but here you go: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Keep in mind, this is the early version. I'm thinking of doing the body and legs but not sure if can finish soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)   Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skin Requests / JK2 Skinning Tutorial (Basic)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6