)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Hypothetical Debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Light
Legend
Legend


Posts : 1022

PostSubject: Hypothetical Debate   Tue 08 Oct 2013, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys!! I want your opinion about something. I think you all (or most) have seen Star Wars Episode 3, right? Well remember the scene when Windu with other jedis decided to go after Darth Sidious? And Anakin appeared and help Sidious to defeat Windu and became his apprentice?
Well you see, Windu (and I think it was the decition of the council too) decided to go after Darth Sidious and kill him because of what he has done and because his evil. I am not justifying what Darth Sidious have dones is right (on the opposite, I think is terrible), but killing him is the right thing? I mean, that isn´t against of the jedi's way? Shouldn´t the council sent him to a trial and, if the judge says he is guilty (which I think it would be the most certain thing), then to prison (even if "he is too dangerous to be alive")?
So I want to see your opinion about it, maybe it´s a little silly and is so sudden and without explanation Razz
I personally think that killing him isn´t the jedi way and won´t be appropiate. Everyone has the right to have a trial, even the bad guys like him. And everyone deserves a second chance. At least that is what I think, maybe not many people will think like me but I want to see your point of view Very Happy


___________________
)>SoL<(~LightMaster/)>SoL<(~LightMaster

Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
ExiDux
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Wed 09 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

i always want to place this in a real life perspective, but that would never be appropriate because its is a galaxy far far away with cultures and ways of thinking that the fiction tells us to have existed a long time ago.

but the jedi still seem to be a "clan" or "sect" following a lecture on life and powers that not a lot of people possess. at best they seem to have formed what seems to be an unofficial police force with sort of an mercenary status, where whomever is classified by them to be apropriate to achieve their protection, will be viable to call on them for help.

they chose to hide the truth from those that can not handle it, and act in the shadows of all those different societies while having a dubious status.

windu fighting with anger and the goal of killing an enemy of his order, seems to be a liberty which the
higher ranked jedi will take to eliminate what seems to be a severe threat to themselves and all the societies in their galaxy. this raises the idea that they sometimes change the rules of the game to what fits them best. they like any other man fear to lose the power they have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:09 pm

Xasomur wrote:
off topic too:
@BDL and Light
Thank you for your words. But I made a mistake in naming it. And I made the mistake to skim through that topics. One the one hand I am kind of surprised how calm I kept and hpw much efforts I gave in about being neutral. But then I see those words of hate and stupidity, for which I never got any apology. Now it takes me months again to get over my negative feelings towards certain ppl. I should just have read BDLs reply and be happy about it. Smile
Always remember we all love you xaso I love you Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend


Posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:18 am

Wow, never thought this debate would generate so much ideas and concepts about the jedis and the siths and the operation of their politic structure too. It´s really interesting the speculation of some points of view and even some comparisons between reality and that world, even if I share it or not. Thanks guys for your opinions!! Smile

Battledroidlover wrote:
Xasomur wrote:
off topic too:
@BDL and Light
Thank you for your words. But I made a mistake in naming it. And I made the mistake to skim through that topics. One the one hand I am kind of surprised how calm I kept and hpw much efforts I gave in about being neutral. But then I see those words of hate and stupidity, for which I never got any apology. Now it takes me months again to get over my negative feelings towards certain ppl. I should just have read BDLs reply and be happy about it. Smile
Always remember we all love you xaso I love youRazz
True BDL ^^

___________________
)>SoL<(~LightMaster/)>SoL<(~LightMaster

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 4:28 am

Right and wrong is something that people say are merely points of "view", I actually disagree. I think morals and good will is passed on an evolutionary basis, and then fortified by adding more scripted morals to a young person when they grow up. Imagine a person who had no human contact since birth, who had never been taught morals, would be known as a savage. However I believe this person would still, on a basic level, have evolutionarly evolved to know that killing something/someone, wouldn't be a nice thing to do. So I believe that at least knowing "good" and "bad", are actually part of our genetic configuration, its merely a choice which choice a person wants to make.

However in Star Wars I think it definately is a point of view, much more than in real life.

Chancellor Palpatine wrote:
"Once more the Sith shall rule the Galaxy, and we...shall...have...PEACE"
Interesting...his outlook on peace...maybe he actually genuinely thought, he was a force for good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4089

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:39 am

Yea, the whole problem is that we don't know what the Sith thought as "Peace". Who knows what would happen after they would take over, if it would be slavery for everyone or would the crime rate skyrocket up due to the Sith not caring. (then again we don't know, but most likely they wouldn't care)

___________________




Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:57 am

Seriously ? Why does the forum keep breaking for me ? it's like the last reply on each page is just cut off and I can see a big lightsaber in the background!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 8:44 am

Mine also does that Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:11 am

Vader wrote:
Yea, the whole problem is that we don't know what the Sith thought as "Peace". Who knows what would happen after they would take over, if it would be slavery for everyone or would the crime rate skyrocket up due to the Sith not caring. (then again we don't know, but most likely they wouldn't care)
Funny thing is, Palpatines statement is something that I think represents the thinking of alot of political parties in real life. I really can just imagine British Prime Minister David Cameron saying "Once more the Conservative Party shall rule Great Britain, and we...shall...have...PEACE"

Its not all that different is it. Yet David Cameron has a half a country of supporters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan


Posts : 2267

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:35 am

Phoenix wrote:
British Prime Minister David Cameron saying "Once more the Conservative Party shall rule Great Britain, and we...shall...have...PEACE"
Barack Obama wrote:
Nah man :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4089

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:52 pm

Lol, see Obama is another example. xD

___________________




Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 9:06 pm

Phoe, you should vote UKIP Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sat 12 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm

Why? Small time party with flawed policies...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5185

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 5:57 am

They want out of europe for starters Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 6:06 am

Phoenix wrote:
I really can just imagine British Prime Minister David Cameron saying "Once more the Conservative Party shall rule Great Britain, and we...shall...have...PEACE"
LOL

Holy shit I haven't laughed so hard in a long time and I don't even really know British politics. Karma for destroying my gut with laughter!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 10:42 am

Phoenix wrote:
Vader wrote:
Yea, the whole problem is that we don't know what the Sith thought as "Peace". Who knows what would happen after they would take over, if it would be slavery for everyone or would the crime rate skyrocket up due to the Sith not caring. (then again we don't know, but most likely they wouldn't care)
Funny thing is, Palpatines statement is something that I think represents the thinking of alot of political parties in real life. I really can just imagine British Prime Minister David Cameron saying "Once more the Conservative Party shall rule Great Britain, and we...shall...have...PEACE"

Its not all that different is it. Yet David Cameron has a half a country of supporters.
I would prefer Nigel Farage over David Cameron. UKIP FTW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan


Posts : 2267

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 6:45 pm

Vote for Al Gore, he invented the internet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12824

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm

yep Tim.


___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Sun 13 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

Boogieman wrote:
I would prefer Nigel Farage over David Cameron.
I'd probably prefer the Cookie Monster to David Cameron to be honest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Debate   Today at 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Hypothetical Debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Hypothetical Debate
» hypothetical flyer
» JV - Varsity debate
» *IMPORTANT!* Debate Forum Rules!
» Barrows armor worth it?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Screenshots - Videos-
Jump to: