)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Little help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:04 pm

Sorry for the inactivity, although I have been playing recently just didnt post anything till now. Im having a slight isue with a friend getting into the US server. He lives in California.... if someone could pop in or post.... thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:15 pm

I moved the topic from council synergy Garret to a more relavant forum. Nice to see you on the forum!

I will change the server now to courtyard and hope you and your friend can get on, but if not let us know what technical issues you're facing. Unfortuantely it'll have to wait until someone else can help if that's the case, it's 3.30am for me and I'm knackered ^_^

Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:18 pm

Yea, just state the problem and we can help. Smile

Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beef Surprise

PostSubject: server troubleshoot   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:41 pm

if your internet works but you cannot connect to the server, the IP may be blocked unknowingly by your ISP

open a command prompt

type tracert any website - view the results
then type in the same command -  tracert server IP and compare.

the provider of the server space may be blocked or misrouted, happenes all the time. good thinkg, it will probably correct itself after a day or two
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 4:15 pm

You weren't able to connect? Surprised
(seems you've solved it since I see you on server)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 5:09 pm

Thanks for what little help you tried to profide in server Kern even though it did not work. When he connects it just says that he is awaiting whatever and the number counts up.  bounce 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 6:44 pm

Maybe there s something what makes us not coming into the usual route since i ve heard that in my region there is a cable broken and the whole state suffers with bad mobilephone and internet quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 6:51 pm

Did he acfually renewed the serverlist? Maybe the server ip was too old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

His connection is too slow...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:17 am

Can he refresh the server browser ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:57 am

I think it might have to do with refreshing/getting new list. I still have my stupid problem where, I can't connect to another server other than the one I was just on. (even tho I can sometimes see the server list, and refreshing/getting new list, doesn't work) So I was told to delete the servercache.dat file, then it works. But that's just too much work to change to a different server, plus it sometimes takes a while, and might even have to restart comp.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 4:48 am

Vader wrote:
I think it might have to do with refreshing/getting new list. I still have my stupid problem where, I can't connect to another server other than the one I was just on. (even tho I can sometimes see the server list, and refreshing/getting new list, doesn't work) So I was told to delete the servercache.dat file, then it works. But that's just too much work to change to a different server, plus it sometimes takes a while, and might even have to restart comp.
I have quite the trouble to see the whole serverlist by clicking on the "get new serverlist" or/and "refresh" all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:14 am

When I start jk2, server list is fine, but when I try to go to different server, either very few or no servers appear. (sometimes they show up, but rarely, and even then I still can't connect)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:50 am

He said his connection is good, and im pretty sure I have had him refresh his server list. Not that it should have mattered much because I gave him the server IP directly and had him add it to his fav.s. Like I said before he can start joining... and see who is playing and the map and stuff.... but then it just goes to awaiting gamestate and the number counts up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:21 pm

Beef I merged the topic you made into here as I thought it was in response to Garret's problem. Thanks for posting ^_^

Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 13 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm

Garretfire wrote:
He said his connection is good, and im pretty sure I have had him refresh his server list. Not that it should have mattered much because I gave him the server IP directly and had him add it to his fav.s. Like I said before he can start joining... and see who is playing and the map and stuff.... but then it just goes to awaiting gamestate and the number counts up.
Does it say something like "Banned." or something? When his internet is fast enough and he can also connect there, then there might be something what makes him still being so long, maybe the ping matters when you are still far away from the server. Or PC is slow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beef Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Sun 15 Dec 2013, 6:35 am

Hey. I can't mod or anything but I have been working in telecom for a long time. it may not resolve his issue, but it can certainly identify his issue. if he does a traceroute (That command sequence in my last post) or even a ping command: ping any website (I cannot enter a web address) then he can see if he times out. If he times out to that and other websites (google perhaps) then he knows it's his connection.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:01 am

Im going to assume that his PC is ok and Im pretty sure he was never banned or anything of the sort. Beef could you perhaps explain a little further detail on the traceroute.... im not totally sure what to do with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:43 am

Ping is a command that sends a request to a server and the server sends a response, and it measures the time it takes. It can be used to verify proper connectivity to a server. Traceroute is a command that sends many pings to give you information about each router on the way to the server. To use either command, you need to open a command prompt window first. The fastest way to do this on a Windows computer is to press [Windows Key]+R, which opens a "Run" dialogue box, type "cmd" (without quotes) in it, and press Enter. Alternatively, if you're using Vista or Windows 7, you can open the Start Menu and search for "cmd" (no quotes), and run it from there.

Once the command prompt is open you'll have a black box with a blinking underscore cursor. The following commands 1) verify connection with Google, 2) verify connection with our U.S. JK2 server, and 3) trace the route your connection takes on its way to our U.S. JK2 server. Press Enter after each command:

ping google.com
ping 108.178.55.133
tracert -d 108.178.55.133

In reality, if your friend's internet works for most things, these commands probably won't help us very much in figuring out why your friend can't connect to the server. But they do help rule out silly issues like his internet isn't functioning properly.

You can just copy the test results and paste them into a forum post. (To copy text in a command prompt, you have to click the little icon in the upper left of the window, select all the text, and then copy it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beef Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:00 am

hey and there you have it.

I was traveling at the beginning of this week, sorry for not responding. The thought is, if your friend can reach other sites or addresses but not this one (The 108.178.33) then he could call his internet service provider with the IP.

A couple years ago, I could not play on a tribes2 server because my IP banned (blacklisted by the IP) they fixed it for me.

Interesting is the server IP the 108.178.55.33? the game server is in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little help   Today at 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Little help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: