)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

A Personal note

Go down 
+3
GONZA
Vader
Phoenix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm

I've mentioned this on a few topics recently, but never officially explained, but from the outside, it probably looks as if I'm half active half inactive, so here is a more detailed explaination of where I am, at the moment.

I'm not getting on the server very much these days, in fact I think I've maybe only been on 3 times in the last 3 weeks, thats an average of only 1 session a week, and a session is usually less than 2 hours... really not much at all, no wonder I suck haha

The reasons? Well I'm busy with finding my feet in UK still, I have a job, but it's not going as well as I, or my bosses would like, I have another month left on my probation, then it's either welcome to the team, or the walk of shame. My employer has stated that I'm not currently meeting all the criterea, and they still need to see more from me, not an easy thing to hear, but a harsh truth I guess. Because this current job isn't full time, and hangs on a knife edge, I'm busy sending resumes so I can find other oppertunities too. Theoretically, I could be out of a job in a months time, and If i can't find a new job straight away, the likelyhood is I'll loose my house soon thereafter, so naturally I'm finding this general situation stressful and worrying.

Then I'm also trying to get out and meet new people, because I've moved to a new area, and need to make friends, then there is all the other responsibilties that come with running house, the shopping, cooking, cleaning, ironing etc etc... there really is no rest for the wicked, it's only now at 25, I realise how much an independant person has to deal with. The last 2 years don't really count, because although I went travelling alone, I was constantly surrounded by people, in the same boat, in a sometimes sheltered and comfortable environment. It's not the same as having bills to pay and maintaining a household, all on your own shoulders. One thing I've learned is, in the real world, once you have finished work, thats when work begins at home.

The downtime I do get, I watch TV or ps3, because I dislike being confined to the bedroom, where my laptop is. I do however at least get on the forum most days, and catch up with goss and latest matters. If I was gonna be voted for a postion, i'd be more suited to forum responsibilities at the moment, rather than server ones.

I'll try and get one server more, I really wanna fight Vader for Blue, which is long overdue, but we haven't been on together for a while, and my skill is still mediocre from rustyness. But don't expect a dramatic increase in my activity, I can't see it happening. (Although I do have a week off next week) Smile

Anyways, enough about me....
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

Don't worry too much Phoe, just make the right choices and you'll be fine. Smile
And yea it'd be nice to have that tourny. Smile
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

Life comes first phoe, you are doing it right, dont worry Smile
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 1:41 pm

Phoe I've never found too much time for gaming when I only have 5 recreational hours a day outside work. I see the forum as a communal sector that is valid for my time, and if I spoil myself I will play games. Well actually....the only game I can play with others online - JK2 Very Happy

Anyway no excuses are needed, if ranking is your concern you just need a time window to focus. If it's just a couple of days w/e just concentrate (your skillz flow back it's not like you're learning fresh) and make a date of it and work towards that date.
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

Yes i understand u have troubles with your life in the areas about your workplace and home. It is very hard to find a time to have a pause and relax on gaming. But like gonza said, life comes first and i wish u good luck on finding an other place to work if the employer does not expect u in his company.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan 2014, 10:51 pm

Agreed to all  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 6:32 am

in fact Phoe, I think the way it is, it is quite natural and healthy for our age. we care for our real life much and jk2 comes somewhere behind. but we still dont let it down. it is a higher effort in my eyes, in relation to back when we were younger and could play as we wanted ^^
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 6:35 am

If internet were affordable in 2002 i d sure be one of the oldest players.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jan 2014, 8:36 am

First tackle the real tourney called life, that's more important, Pho, don't worry, it will be all good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Personal note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Personal note   A Personal note Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Personal note
Page 1 of 1