)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob

Go down 
+2
Shotty
Lucifer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Empty
PostSubject: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

http://puu.sh/6IacV.jpg

This link is giving me issues to a game I desperately love to play, I can make the game if i can get the crack setup to actually install.

if i can get around that game1.cab file or if there is a way to replace that file to make the installing work.
I have the Emperor Install fix, so i can fix all the other issues, but this is the single thing i cant get around.

If anyone can help me, I can share screens to show my error and what i have for the installation process.

I also heard rumors that nortan anti-virus could be blocking the file, since the install.exe is not legit but everything else is. If i did install it, can i actually install the game?
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 6:30 pm

There could be corrupted files within the install files, which is preventing you from starting the game or getting passed that screen. But try to either disable your anti-virus during playtime, or try to allow it in the extensions on the anti-virus's options. Have you tried running the game as administrator or compatibility mode?
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

i did compatibility but not with admin on at same time, but i doubt that will work
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm

Worth a try. :3
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 9:18 pm

Have you tried completely uninstalling it, then reinstalling with your anti virus disabled? Leave it disabled and then try run the game. If it still doesn't work you know it's not Norton. If it does work, you should be able to create an exception in Norton for the folder that .exe is in and then re enable Norton. If you still can't get it to work with Norton enable, just uninstall Norton because it's rubbish Razz.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 4:52 am

ima try the installation this morning, i just uninstalled norton, and installed avast! besides norton kept removing files on game that i couldn't get legitly, so it was getting kind of old. So overly protective lolz..
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:18 am

I also recommend the options from Shotty and Epic.

Lucifer wrote:
ima try the installation this morning, i just uninstalled norton, and installed avast! besides norton kept removing files on game that i couldn't get legitly, so it was getting kind of old. So overly protective lolz..

+1, I always used to have problems with Norton, avast is really a good choice. Malwarebytes is also good to have because it detects much more other kinds of viruses or pc-damaging files.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:22 am

Or maybe 'allow in firewall', there go my two cents
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:25 am

KingYodah wrote:
Or maybe 'allow in firewall', there go my two cents

It was probably his first step which he made ^^
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:27 am

Well I only lost two cents soo xD

But ye nothing else than that, or corrupted files or antivirus blocking is whirling in my head..
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:46 am

it's a winrar.file why would that need to allowed by firewall? besides at the time, norton was blocking my old firewall with their firewall?
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:47 am

um ye it can happen that multiple firewalls can collide, so it might be useful to turn off one of them
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:50 am

alright i personally browsed for the exe file that had the non-readed file with firewall, so i allowed it through, ima test reinstalling after i restart my comp.
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:18 am

If you want a anti-virus which works, then use AVG. I tried Avast and all it did was take all my RAM, didn't even detect a trojan which i ran on purpose to test it.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:21 am

http://puu.sh/6IHPy.jpg
sigh the funny thing is i can install it without the crack, but in order to play the game i needed the install fix in order break this issue -_-

so problem game1.cab prevents using the crack to fix this issue
and this image with the normal installation will not able to play the game i hate my life lol..
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:22 am

Have you tried other cracks? Or even thought of downloading game1.cab somewhere else and manually place it?
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:37 am

that was my next step... i wanted to ask a programer where i could find such a file on the web lol
and yes i tried another crack (first time i installed it it worked fine, but then it stopped working after a day and a half due to not having the install fix on it)
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:52 am

There could something that bothering the process from running correctly. Go to Start>search "Run">click on it>type "msconfig". And disable anything that isn't Microsoft's.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 7:04 am

That's risky if you don't know what you're doing though Shotty. There's other Services that might be needed for the PC to run properly depending on where he got it from. Unless you meant msconfig > startup.

If you're cracking it Luci, are you using an .ISO and an image mounter? What game is it and when you last played it, what operating system was it on?
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:13 am

yes im using a .iso and Virtual Clone Drive. Emperor Battle for Dune is the game im trying to fix, and it worked successfully 4 days ago and worked for 2 days until it stopped working.

I also try combining with different isos since the game.cab is from a iso with the install fix. I still get the same error, all i can think of now is going into the registry and forcibly installing it and that's really risky.. and i put it on compatibility of windows XP service pack 2 and 3. I could try 7 but I doubt that would make a difference..
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:30 am

What changed in the days between it worked and stopped working? Did you download anything, windows updates or anything?
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 10:13 am

I changed the graphics within the game, but i doubt that made a difference, the only other thing i did was a must windows up of C++ thing i had, but my game worked fine for about a day after that was installed.
All i can think of now if "desperately want to install it" is going into the registry and manually install it myself..
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 10:48 am

If its a registry issue, I have a program that removes defunct registry entries. Want me to send you it?
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 10:50 am

sure as long as it doesn't melt my comp u have xfire or skype?
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 11:00 am

I don't have either, I should probably download Xfire. Try download a program called CC Cleaner. Uninstall Emperor Battle, then run CC Cleaner, go to Registry cleaner. It gives you the option to backup the registry, then clean it all.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob   If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If someone could help me with this game issue? programmer prob
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next