)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

The New Referee/PowTecH

Go down 
+10
Angelis
Beef Surprise
KingYodah
EpicJK2
Xasomur
mantA
mereel
Phoenix
Zelah
TheReferee///
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

The New Referee/PowTecH Empty
PostSubject: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

Hello SoL, it’s that guy Referee / PowTecH again here with some hopefully encouraging words. I am aware there are a lot of you that really didn’t care for me at one point or another and I'm telling you right now you are not the only group of people to not want me around them. I think fairly recently, past 2 years or so, I have realized what kind of a person I use to be back in the day and even I realize that I wouldn’t want to hang around me back then. I was an arrogant little kid that was new to the internet, thought I was all that, and didn’t care about anyone else’s feelings. Since those days I have actually become a lot more mellow and monotone and I try to keep whatever negative thoughts I have to myself.

Recently I have been accelerating my life in a lot of ways – I started going to college when I was a sophomore in high school and finished my last two years of high school in 1ish years of college. I am now transferring to Drexel to continue my passion. In the mean time I wanted to make a company with my buddy kast (server tech I keep referring to) who had the same vision as me for a company, so we went for it.

I know I am not in SoL anymore but that should not change your level of trust in me. I am good at what I do and I will never cheat anyone out of anything. MY word is as good as any high SoL council member and I hope that my previous posts on this forum will be held against what I consider the new me.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that this post will set me in the right direction for clearing my name in this community.

PS: if I could I would totally rejoin SoL but can’t cause in jj.

Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

I really like this post Smile. Being new all I knew of u was the past forum history but this clears a lot up Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

What a nice bloke
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 4:39 pm

Referee, I known you for quite a long time, and I have to say... Seeing this type of post is really warming. I fully can understand the fact of moving on and growing up. Hell, we all can. No matter what we tell ourselves that we won't, we are really big dumbasses (and I will stand by this word for me personally) that think we are always right. The nature of growing past this stage is a big step forward, and I am glad you took it in the right direction. I hope to see more of you around the server, and I hope you continue on this great path you have taken. Thanks again for these kind words.

Karma for you my good sir!
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

mereel wrote:
Karma for you my good sir!
Might get out of the -10 after all x)
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm

Hey bro,

Good to see you posting such a nice message to us. You get karma from me too.
We ll be looking forward working with you, if things are settled Smile
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 11:16 pm

ok Ref, I am copying a message from Nick out of our member discussion, I hope you're able to answer it:

NickdeClaw wrote:
Ref is not a good option until it has been determined what, exactly, he's offering. Just because someone says they can offer you protection, monitoring, expertise, etc., doesn't mean you'll actually get the service you expected. I don't recommend choosing this option until we know precisely what the setup is, what technologies are involved, what their monitoring is actually like, how long they've been doing it, etc. If the answers to these questions suggest they're offering a good service, it might be a good option. But until then, we would be better off just renting our own VPS directly from a provider.

We definitely need to figure some things out before we move to a vote on this.

I am not sure if Nick saw this post already (forum too active these days). And I am not sure if Nick will be on Xfire ever soon... So I hope this will allow at least some communication.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:38 am

Xasomur wrote:
ok Ref, I am copying a message from Nick out of our member discussion, I hope you're able to answer it:

NickdeClaw wrote:
Ref is not a good option until it has been determined what, exactly, he's offering. Just because someone says they can offer you protection, monitoring, expertise, etc., doesn't mean you'll actually get the service you expected. I don't recommend choosing this option until we know precisely what the setup is, what technologies are involved, what their monitoring is actually like, how long they've been doing it, etc. If the answers to these questions suggest they're offering a good service, it might be a good option. But until then, we would be better off just renting our own VPS directly from a provider.

We definitely need to figure some things out before we move to a vote on this.
My server tech has been doing stuff like this (networking, etc...) for close to 6 years and has spent time in jobs like cisco. That in and of its self is valuable and if you buy from another company I guaranty you will not get the support that we offer. By support i mean 24/7 we are open to fixing and repairing your servers and if anything happens to them we will fix the problem and get it up faster than putting in a support ticket and waiting for some guy in customer service to tell a server tech. Getting a VPS is irrelevant unless you know what you are doing and can be around all the time it's like a normal server you just have to put in more work. Also don't forget you would have to buy a US and EU one which would cost you more than what I'm offering and give you way more tech than you know what to do with. As for actual server specs we have more than enough power in the two machines to run your servers seamlessly and I can prove that because I have a tournament every weekend with no lag...
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:50 am

TheReferee/// wrote:
and I can prove that because I have a tournament every weekend with no lag...

Not true, I was lagging like Craaazy when I lost to Wulfy!

j/k Razz
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:28 am

I think Nick could use some more statistic-technical data Surprised
but thank you already Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 4:57 am

First sam then you.. I MEAN Very Happy ref
++
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 7:38 am

This is not about providing a VPS... this is about game servers. We are not selling a VPS we are only selling game servers. The jk2 game servers will run flawlessly and 100x better than escape turkey or what ever your EU server is.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 7:52 am

TheReferee/// wrote:
This is not about providing a VPS... this is about game servers. We are not selling a VPS we are only selling game servers. The jk2 game servers will run flawlessly and 100x better than escape turkey or what ever your EU server is.
I would like to add that regardless of our server specs jk2 is only capable of using so much system power. For instants a server with 20gb of ram vs a server with 1gb of ram will run exactly the same or if a server has a quad core ivy bridge vs a Pentium 4 you as a player will never notice a difference because jk2 can only use so much.
I would also like to clarify that just because we can run jk2 servers flawlessly does not mean that our servers are low grade, we keep our tech well equipped beyond what jk2 is capable of using.

Finally I would also like to point out the main difference that makes us better than probably most big companies you will be looking at is that we know the servers inside and out and can fix any problem you have right away and are willing to spend time to fix and maintain your server where as if you go out and buy one from a big company they have customer support guys that have no idea what to do when a server goes down other than tell you to restart it.... Those responses could also take days depending on when you submit a support ticket.
Back to top Go down
Beef Surprise

Beef Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 8:31 am

Hi Ref.

I am very new to SoL, I am also old and cranky so hence the questions.

I have worked for Telcos and in ISPs providing a variety of services, I have managed service contracts with Cisco... When I see an 18 year old running a company from college, this raises doubts. I also have a doubts when you tell me that you have a server tech who used to work for Cisco. Doubts about 24/7 support. (No offense meant, I am sure you are good at what you do but you are going to Drexel, presumably for an engineering degree.)

How can you offer the kind of support you are suggesting?

How many customers do you have now?

Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 9:18 am

I never said what i was going to Drexel for....
I don't understand why all of you are treating me like I'm some random from the internet.... I own Pro@ and am currently running tournaments for FF, NF, 1.02 CTF, and soon JA on my own servers... if my servers were crap or i was crap you would have figured it out by now...
Sol would be the first customer that pays for our stuff as of right now, but i have around 6-7 others that are interested in buying my services...
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:14 am

Please don't take offence at questions we may ask Ref, I promise you it's not derogatory in anyway. We are all just trying to find the best way to move ahead with the server.
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 10:21 am

I like what you are proposing ref, and it is good for you to be taking a U turn in the behavior over the years that I have seen. I want to be the first to welcome the "new" you.

P.S. I'm not worried about lag at this point for a server. I'm more worried about the countermeasures that can be taken versus DDos and general hacking of the serevr to crash it or lag it. Anything to say to that Ref?
Back to top Go down
Beef Surprise

Beef Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

Hi Ref.

I hate, hate, hate it when people give me advice so I apologize but I am going to give you some business advice.

When you compared yourself to big companies who offer services like the services you want to offer SoL, you opened the door to scrutinize that comparison. (it's like this, would you hand a box of rocks to someone and ask that someone to throw them at you? - NO - That is what you did with your business pitch, you provided the potential negatives to your business by the comparison.)

Your business is just starting out, so even if you want to, even if have the passion to; you don't offer the same types of services that the big companies do. (You offer similar services at what should be a cheaper price.) I am not saying this to be a jerk I am saying this to give yourself and your customers a fair chance. (You want money, they want services.)

Not sure what this piece of business means to you, I will guess what it means to SOL.

1) Their hard work and passion, they have spent years working on this clan they want the server to have reliable service.

2) Their Money

3) Their piece of mind / the feeling of security.

So they have to be sure that their money = a reliable server which in turns provides piece of mind.

nothing personal, just business

side note: Do you have a website?

Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

I agree with what you are saying and I am sorry to come off so strong, but you have to realize that I have proven my servers abilities for months now. If this was my first time running servers and it was just me in the company and I was selling to complete strangers I would expect people to not trust me, but I am not some random guy that they are seeing for the first time I've been around for years. I also truly do think we offer better support than you are going to find because we put the servers up and we are the ones answering questions.

Our website is currently under construction.
http://proatservers.com/
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm

Angelis wrote:

P.S. I'm not worried about lag at this point for a server. I'm more worried about the countermeasures that can be taken versus DDos and general hacking of the serevr to crash it or lag it. Anything to say to that Ref?

on a side note, it's a q3 engine vulnerability and you can't stop it. that would require you to rewrite the entire game (even jk2mf won't save you this time x.x) . no jk2 servers are safe from it sadly  pale 
I know this for reasons and can guarantee it can't be stopped unless your attack stops.
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 8:55 pm

2 updates:
1. Made our first sale x)
2. We are starting to figure out how the spammer is doing what he is doing and are have come up with a few plans on how to beat him and are slowly coming up with more.
Back to top Go down
raynE

raynE

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 10:49 am

Lelouch wrote:
Angelis wrote:

on a side note, it's a q3 engine vulnerability and you can't stop it. that would require you to rewrite the entire game (even jk2mf won't save you this time x.x) . no jk2 servers are safe from it sadly  pale 
I know this for reasons and can guarantee it can't be stopped unless your attack stops.

DDOS isn't a q3engine vulnerability. It's not limited to the q3 engine, nor does it have anything to do with it. <3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 11:04 am

it's not a ddos Smile
Back to top Go down
raynE

raynE

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 11:09 am

Hah, must have misread. It's interesting that people are still trying to find exploits for this game, of course after the devs released the source code it was inevitable. Still, you never know. If this guy's as scary as that other person seems to have insinuated he could have a pretty hefty botnet at his disposal.
Back to top Go down
raynE

raynE

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitimeThu 06 Feb 2014, 11:14 am

I don't see an edit button. This is what I was thinking of.

Lucifer wrote:
You're "friends" have been ddos'ed our servers almost every day for a month now, while we pay and play for our servers, there is no reason for us to apologize about how we manage and operate our servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Referee/PowTecH   The New Referee/PowTecH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Referee/PowTecH
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next