Posts : 3079
|Subject: The "Name" - A Contract? Tue 16 Feb - 7:34|| |
First topic message reminder :
The poll of whether or not to change our name seems to be a solid "Yes." The next issue is whether or not we should take this opportunity to request that Outcast's ATS treat us with respect if we change our name.
Kernow and Xasomur have laid out a number of requests that we would make of Outcast's ATS:
Kernow and Xasomur suggest that we demand conditions like these in exchange for changing our name. You can read more about their argument in the 'The "Name"' thread and they will probably also present their argument here.
- Xasomur wrote:
- We here, as the winners, have to think about the demands we take on them.
1. he has to stop to call us any names (stealers/fakers whatever), other then the new one we will think of
2. he has to stop to ignore our existance
3. he has to inform all his new applicants about the recent history and the splitting
4. he has to inform his new applicants about the existance of our site and server
5. he has to infrom the old and casual members about our new site and server
My personal opinion is that making demands like this is somewhat dirty, as though we're ransoming the ATS name to Outcast's clan. I think making demands in this way is not congruent with our clan's values; it is not kind, it seems like blackmail. I know that Outcast is being disrespectful to us, but that doesn't mean we have to act like him in return. I don't think we need a good word from Outcast to succeed, and I feel that in the long run it speaks more highly of our clan if we succeed under our own power. If we are the good people we say we are, we shouldn't need Outcast's word to prove it. My vote is No.
Please express your thoughts, and try to vote only when you feel informed about the various arguments.
7 day poll.