)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Xbox Live Issues

Go down 
+4
KingYodah
ExiDux
Reaver
Vader
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:10 pm

So recently my Xbox Live doesn't work at ALL. My brother was playing via my account like 2 days ago just fine, until today where my xbox is able to connect to the router, however not to the internet and so on. We've tried moving the xbox to the living room (where wifi router is) and still nothing, tried a wired connection from router nothing, same with from modem. As well as other stuff like MAC address, port forwarding, reseting router to factory settings, as well as messing around with settings in the router. (not to mention I have 0 experience with this so all I could do was research on the issue, and have my dad do the technical stuff) I believe from seeing this: http://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live people are also having issues.
Some Random Guy wrote:
Having network issues in Boston. They claim it's our ISP, I deleted all the settings restored to default and it worked fine until today. Most of July has been wasted fixing errors that are not our fault. Since the update massive network connection errors.
One of the comments from the site, to think that Microsoft is telling people that their ISP is the problem.. Not to mention I heard my dad saying that apparently America has passed some sort of Internet thing, that gives them more control over it, as well as a "killswitch", shutting down all of US from the internet. In the comments on that site, I saw that somewhere in March 2014 they had changed their connections, which may be another thing causing the problem.

Me and my dad have tried everything and nothing works, so I'm curious if anyone else is having issues.
I rarely use my Xbox so its no biggie, but it still doesn't mean my brother wouldn't want to play on it, as well as my dad to watch youtube or w/e on it.

EDIT: Take a look at this... http://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live/map/
My jaw dropped when I saw where the biggest area affected was..

Last edited by Vader on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reaver

Reaver

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status Looks like they're already trying to fix it..I guess stay calm and be patient?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:18 pm

Mm, like I said for me this isn't really that stressful, I could care less really. xD
But I edited the post with a map of the area of where the most affected area of reports are.. and it was close to where I live.. lol (I just find it funny as hell (literally almost lmao funny (idk why)))
Back to top Go down
Reaver

Reaver

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:22 pm

Vader wrote:
Mm, like I said for me this isn't really that stressful, I could care less really. xD
But I edited the post with a map of the area of where the most affected area of reports are.. and it was close to where I live.. lol (I just find it funny as hell (literally almost lmao funny (idk why)))
Their must be a giant monster in Winnipeg messing with everything...or something. (Check whatever closet or container you have, you will find an axe, a shield, a spear and, some dynamite. When you accomplished this PM me for the next step.)
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:27 pm

Sir Yes Sir! I am ready for battle, where is the monster's coordinates at this time? (lmao)
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

be sure to close any opened yet unecesarry ports on your router, games you do not play in years, settings for testing but with no other goal, etc...

modern internet has scanners running looking for unguarded open ports waiting to jump in.
so i repeat : keep every unecesarry port closed on your router.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2014, 6:07 pm

Winnipeg and Miami got nuked

Well dont worry it will be all ok

(you are watching youtube on xbox? )
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 1:22 am

Yes yod, there is a youtube app on xbox, as well as recently (well not very recent but) Internet Explorer app.

Alright Exi, but I'm pretty sure we've done it. (Not to mention as I said my brother was playing like 2-3 days ago perfectly fine, but when I checked yesterday it was down. So I believe its Microsoft's fault.)
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 1:43 am

Lol youtube app for xbox

also sorry vad im on my phone atm and the screen behaves weird sometimes ( i tried to roll down but i found myself voting the post down, have no clue how it happened)
I karma your other posts for it
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 4:10 am

I had this issue with xbox live a few days ago. I basically disconnected and reconected the router a few times, and troubleshooted the network issue on my computers network (which my xbox is connected to.) and about an hour later my internet was connecting to xbox live.

P.S. what is your gamertage on xbox live Vader?
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 6:17 am

What's with the negative Karma Vader lol? Someone must disagree with watching YT on Xbox Razz.

If it is an MS issue it will be resolved eventually I would've thought. If they say it's all up and running when you're still down, just run through all the troubleshooting stuff again. In other words 'Switch it off and back on again' if MS say it should be fine Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 6:25 am

Yea no rush, just a bit weird for it to suddenly stop working on its own.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 8:22 am

I've actually had this problem for the last week, eventually it connects but it takes absolutely ages trying to connect again and again after failing :L
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 8:22 am

Having looked at the heat map I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in the UK with the problem Wink
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 10:11 am

CONSOLE PEASANTS
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 2:42 am

Well problem solved. lol

Gonna ask my dad if he did anything to fix it, or if it came back on its own.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

So I asked, and my dad said it fixed itself. >.> (works fine today as well)

Told you it was their fault. Razz
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

Angelis wrote:
P.S. what is your gamertage on xbox live Vader?

dammit vader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox Live Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live Issues   Xbox Live Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live Issues
Page 1 of 1