)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)

Go down 
+7
KingYodah
Xasomur
Xemnas
EpicJK2
The Grim Death
Vader
BlueNinja
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm

GUYS

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-2-hd-remake

WOWZERZ

Granted it'll probably take over a year to finish but holy shit this is ambitious. Hopefully he doesn't get any shit from Lucas Arts, EA, or Raven. Or at least if he does he can work something out with them.

Could this mean a possible revitalization of the jk2 community?

Stay tuned....
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 12:31 pm

Interesting.

Best image by far:
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) JK2_Yavin
Back to top Go down
The Grim Death
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
The Grim Death

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 1:15 pm

oh god is this a mod or a goddamn game i have to buy again xD
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 1:24 pm

This looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 1:26 pm

The Grim Death wrote:
oh god is this a mod or a goddamn game i have to buy again xD

I'd definitely pay money for it again if I had to
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

@Grimm It isn't a mod. It is a total remake of jk2 using the Unity Engine, meaning it is a separate game in itself.
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

He is still using most of the base code I believe but he's converting original objects to Unity assets and remodeling them. The game will be made in the Unity game engine but will be using the same code
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

He'll be able to use some of the code yes, but not everything can be ported. Which will take time. (ALOT of time, given the fact that he is doing SP first)
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

Well THIS sounds promising.
Maybe it will get some people to look into jk2 and join the multiplayer community.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 7:50 pm

I love BlueNinja
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 8:22 pm

Ambitious plan, but very interesting and possibly promising. This will take A DAMN AMOUNT of time to finish both SP and MP. I am curious what it will do also with your in-game fps
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 11:34 pm

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Post-49-1411592897
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 11:51 pm

Ingame FPS would be interesting!
But it's still JK2 in some way.
So a PC setup like mine *posing xD* shouldn't even bother xD
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 12:52 am

Xasomur wrote:
I love BlueNinja

Xaso is bae <3

This will take a long time though for sure, even to get through the SP, I'm probably gonna see if the guy needs help with anything when I have the time, maybe throw him a few dollars if need be. Super super excited and hopeful for this project.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:00 am

Has he thought about doing a Kickstarter for it? It might be a good way to get some funding. I'm sure there's loads of people who would want to see a HD remake.
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:41 am

I don't think he can Kickstart it.
There are copyright issues and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:52 am

How can there be copyright issues when they released the source to the game?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:54 am

Some guy's comment wrote:
By the way , how long does it take to finish one of those rooms?

Developer - JDB_Artist wrote:
1 day or 1 week.

The room that was commented was this one:
Spoiler:

And about FPS, I remember reading that the dev said he would make it work for different level of systems, but I can't seem to find it. However I did find this tho:
I am currently planning to release the base version with texture sizes around 0.5K and 1K textures and a mid range pack with 1K & 2K textures, as well as a high range one with up to 4K textures for characters.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:56 am

Kejim outpost? xD

I am currently planning to release the base version with texture sizes around 0.5K and 1K textures and a mid range pack with 1K & 2K textures, as well as a high range one with up to 4K textures for characters.
that means what..?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:58 am

That means, that the quality of textures will be able to be changed in settings.
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 1:59 am

Source code...didn't thought of that Very Happy

WHY DOSEN'T HE KICKSTART IT? Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 2:02 am

He doesn't have time to do it?
Back to top Go down
Harmonize
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Harmonize

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 2:15 am

I'm actually glad I didn't hear about this earlier, because he's probably a fairly decent way into development by now (his first update on that webpage was back in May, 2013).
It's really cool there's people out there who like JK2 so much that they'd put their effort into something like this. I might contact him aswell and see if there's anything small I could help out with.

One of the comments (page 8 ) links to a separate thread full of suggestions. He ended up confirming a few of the ideas.
Here's the specific ideas:
   3. Improve the ​​enemy and ally AI.
   4. Improve the graphics.
   9. Self-regenerative shield for both the player and the Force users enemies and allies.
   24. The fighting styles with the lightsaber would differ in more defensive or more offensive, not more speed or more damage.
   28. The most interesting thing would make the Force powers are like the powers of Advent Rising game, which are similar to the powers of The Force Unleashed but better, but this will probably require another engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeL6owUUr4
   29. Being able to throw the lightsaber as far as the eye reaches.

...and his response:
   3. Improve the ​​enemy and ally AI. - In the works!
   4. Improve the graphics - I am on it!
   9. Self-regenerative shield for both the player and the Force users enemies and allies. - Right now it's a bug, but since you mentioned it, I might aswell make it a feature!
   24. Definitely on my ToDo list Same goes for 28,29.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 2:41 am

Vader wrote:
That means, that the quality of textures will be able to be changed in settings.
possibly fps enhancement?
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2014, 2:52 am

Very interesting ! Would love to try this !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)   Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Reborn (REMAKE????)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next