)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Sign up here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Dem skill o.o

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xemnas
Sith Adept
Sith Adept


Posts : 1479

PostSubject: Dem skill o.o   Sat 03 Jan 2015, 10:25 pm

First topic message reminder :



This dude just does it xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 580

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:05 am

At 15:25 you can see his speedtrail, not sure how often he uses speed because he ain't always in thirdperson. I'm not sure what physics SP is, looks like 1.02 movement though. Force jump lvl 1. Average strafing really, great knowledge of the maps though. I only watched til 16 mins but I was mainly watching his HP Razz was thinking HOW IS HE NOT DYING! getting shot at with like 16hp and a million enemies, even at some points 1 hp!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis



Posts : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:17 am

Actually kam football is a completely different story.... aside from the fact that football games are a place to meet new people and spend time with families. a certain percentage of all funds gathered at football games, at any level, goes to charities for their work ethic.

yes football is a sport to enjoy but it has a purpose in the community and has a way to help it, this however, does not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kameleon



Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 9:41 am

Angelis wrote:
Actually kam football is a completely different story.... aside from the fact that football games are a place to meet new people and spend time with families. a certain percentage of all funds gathered at football games, at any level, goes to charities for their work ethic.

yes football is a sport to enjoy but it has a purpose in the community and has a way to help it, this however, does not.
If you knew just a little about the speedrunning community, you would know that it is not uncommon that they gather for charity speedruns and such things. Also, aside from the charity part, such events is also a good way for them to "meet new people" ^^

Please do not talk in that way about things you clearly have no idea of Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:02 am

Rachel wrote:
At 15:25 you can see his speedtrail, not sure how often he uses speed because he ain't always in thirdperson. I'm not sure what physics SP is, looks like 1.02 movement though. Force jump lvl 1. Average strafing really, great knowledge of the maps though. I only watched til 16 mins but I was mainly watching his HP Razz was thinking HOW IS HE NOT DYING! getting shot at with like 16hp and a million enemies, even at some points 1 hp!
thought the same. at one point he just blows a detpack and gets no damage, though he is right beside it. at some point it doesn't look clean.

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis



Posts : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:07 am

Kameleon wrote:
Angelis wrote:
Actually kam football is a completely different story.... aside from the fact that football games are a place to meet new people and spend time with families. a certain percentage of all funds gathered at football games, at any level, goes to charities for their work ethic.

yes football is a sport to enjoy but it has a purpose in the community and has a way to help it, this however, does not.
If you knew just a little about the speedrunning community, you would know that it is not uncommon that they gather for charity speedruns and such things. Also, aside from the charity part, such events is also a good way for them to "meet new people" ^^

Please do not talk in that way about things you clearly have no idea of Smile

I actually know alot about it, I used to do speedruns on old gamecube and playstation 1 games back in the day. sure it's a way to meet new people, but there is no way to make a profit out of recording 1 speedrun.... let's plays and such sure, I do them, you can get partnered with companies to publisize games et cetera. but speedruns have no profit margin what-so-ever and even if they do happen to make any profit (which is rare) most people would keep it for themselves, and the pay-off would be so microscopic that as far as charity goes you'd make more of a difference washing your neighbors cars. or helping a homeless shelter. before you speak think of the counters to your said arguements.

I have nothing against speedruns and the people that do them, if it's your thing it's your thing... but the simple fact is it doesn't help the world in anyway, infact if anything it hinders it because it deprives people of the ability to do things that actually make a difference, instead they sit inside all day and do jack shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:09 am

Just.. don't go on the edge please peeps ^^

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend


Posts : 2946

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 11:13 am

That could be said about a lot of things Angel. Just because doing something doesn't help the world doesn't mean it's not fun or enjoyable. People do let's plays, speed runs, stream games on twitch etc for enjoyment and sharing their experiences with other people.

I sit on my ass all day and work and play games, I don't help the world at all and I have fun and enjoy it. I'm really not sure what the point of your argument is other than to just debate a topic which has no real relevance to speed running. There are many forms of enjoyment for people and not all of them are of any benefit to society but are a benefit to the person(s) involved who enjoy it. If one of those activities benefits society in someway no matter how small, then that's awesome. But you shouldn't discredit those activities that don't benefit society because then you'd be discrediting a lot of activities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 9:29 pm

Ye it looked like 'Oh dont mind me, im just passing by'. It was so quick the AIs were saying their pre-programmed sentences when he was in next level already. Maybe sometimes you need to go dirty to create impressive effect. I was always replaying the part where Kyle is protecting Lando in the hangar like dozen times till I got through it (that is one of the hardest parts of the game for me but I was enjoying everything) but now I know I can do it in 5 seconds lol

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis



Posts : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 4:56 am

the part I have trouble believing the most is at the end he killed dessann in two swings. it took about 15 red swings for me 100 percent legit, because desann has like 4x the health of a normal player, so that right there made me know he wasn't doing it clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 5:18 am

No cheating, okay...


There are lot of moments I don't believe it was legit, if it was just 'abusing game mechanics' or 'using glitches' ok, but I don't believe as well that the defeat of desann was legit, Czech version of starwars wikia says desann has 625 hp, and we all know that red slash can do at best 160-180 hp, that guy did 2 reds thus max damage he could deal was at best 360 hp which is far from 625.
Also at 43:20 he jumped directly through the flames which should instantly kill anyone who even approaches them but he lived.
etc etc.

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 5:54 am

after I saw Aju pwning Desann (http://de.xfire.com/video/396718/) and after trying it myself: it IS possible. obviously in the sp there are more hitboxes and/or a higher hit rate. So with a good drag it might be possible. Don't forget, he might use another patch than we do.
The Desann part isn't making me as suspicious as others.

And something labeled "cheatfree" doesn't have to be cheatfree. ^^ It's impressive nontheless

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 6:40 am

Aju used 3 full and 2 partial reds in total as I saw, not 2 in total like that guy.

But his video is nice too

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kameleon



Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 6:57 am

Damage is applied differently in Singleplayer than in Multiplayer Smile You would also need to take into account which difficulity you are playing, since damage both received and dealt is handled different on e.g. Padawan than e.g. Jedi Master (Which is the difficulity this guy was playing it on) Smile

This is a quick little test I made myself in 1.02 ^^ For the test I had notarget enabled in order to make him stand still, but that has no relevance to the damage:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28853905/Desann%20-%20Jedi%20Master%20-%20Red%20One%20Hit%20Kill.wmv

I also went ahead and did the exact same thing in 1.04, which gave me the exact same result; a clean one hit kill on our beloved big lizard ^^ I would have recorded it if it had been a different result, and would gladly record it if you do not trust me, but since it was the same result anyway I did not want to bother Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kameleon



Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:01 am

This Dropbox link seems to work better for me, the other one was a bit too laggy for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kye62p8mlxkdz59/Desann%20-%20Jedi%20Master%20-%20Red%20One%20Hit%20Kill.wmv?dl=0

In any case, downloading the file would obviously cause less issues with Dropbox's buffer on the video players Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:39 am

SP and MP must be then very very different environments because in MP you cant do higher damage than around 160hp with red slash while in SP you did 625+ hp hit which is not that easily believable for me.

But what about the other moment on 43:20? He jumped directly through the flames but still lived.

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kameleon



Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:04 am

KingYodah wrote:
SP and MP must be then very very different environments because in MP you cant do higher damage than around 160hp with red slash while in SP you did 625+ hp hit which is not that easily believable for me.

But what about the other moment on 43:20? He jumped directly through the flames but still lived.
SP is indeed very different from MP in many ways. ^^

- Regarding your fireball, I just tested it myself Smile You only die if you are hit by the fireball itself; you do not die just by touching its trail Smile If you did, that area would be a big pain in the butt to get through Very Happy

I figured you'd prefer if I recorded it, so I did just that:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gzhw1v94hg799p/Evading%20fireballs.wmv?dl=0

I evaded the first two fireballs and let the third one hit me, just so you would not claim that I used godmode or anything Smile

Whether you choose to believe if his run was legit or not, I would still say it looks quite legit to me. This is a speedrun done well, by someone who have obviously spend a lot of time, both perfecting his techniques, mastering the mechanics, glitches, and getting to know every map like the back of his hand. It is not something you do over night, it obviously takes time as with any good speedrun, and this guy did an amazing job at it Very Happy ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5789

PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Mon 05 Jan 2015, 8:14 am

I know SP and MP are different, but THAT much different?

About the strafing, sure its impressive, but I am really wondering, when you don't have any force, how you can be strafing that incredibly fast, like possibly no one would ever do. There are lot of moments when he speeds up to light speed from literally zero movement ^_^

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dem skill o.o   Today at 4:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Dem skill o.o
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» What skill is the best?
» New Skill (Double team)
» IMMORTAL SKILL - doesnt only reduce HP also reduces STATS see it here!
» Skill of the Week Competition - Sign up
» Armor Skill Groups

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Cantina-
Jump to: