)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

CTF Weekly Event

Go down 
+12
Danek
Lelouch
Reaver
Angelis
Hektor
Vader
Spartacat
Lucifer
Lord_Draco
KingYodah
EpicJK2
Zelah
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Zelah

Zelah

CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2015, 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok i know we've talked about this before so I'm just going to take initiative but I'll need help from an admin Very Happy

I want to make a weekly CTF time. I'm not sure if weeknights or weekends work better so I'd like some opinions on that, but I want this to happen. With the master server list down it is getting much harder to get good activity. CTF always was a big crowd drawer and since people can still see when it is happening from the SoL forum I'd like to make a weekly routine of it.

Right now I'm thinking like either a Wednesday night or Saturday afternoon but I'd like opinions on the best time and for an admin (or multiple admins) to be able to commit to that time and at least change the server map and game mode since i can't do it myself. Thanks Peeps Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:20 am

josh. wrote:
well sorry i shouldnt complain but some real ctf should be with guns and force. it has always been played like that on ctf servers.
otherwise its impossible to defend a flag. as i saw today the flag was always gone and people were hiding or just running away with speed+absorb.
it should be something special if the flag got stolen or not but without guns its gone all the time^^
of course its your ctf and you can do what you want but i think it might be more interesting with added guns.
ah and /kill should be available because you should be able to respawn if you have some bad position, low life or fastly have to go back to defend.
just wanted to let some comments and my opinion.

kind regards

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely game to try out a guns ctf. I'd just need someone to help me set that up because I'm not sure the commands for that but I'd love to try that!
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:25 am

We can do gun CTF next time, that shouldn't be a problem.

But /kill should be still blocked just because of the reasons you mentioned, if you are low on life, low on force and really fast need to get to defend, then I think too that it's not right just to do /kill so you spawn where you want and how you want so you take this advantage against others. That is my opinion <3
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:26 am

Lol yeah I agree, it is too easy to hold the flag for a long time in just force CTF. I was rolling around all over the place with it today and my fingers were getting tired from it Razz.

I'd like a guns only CTF with no force if it's possible to do.
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:38 am

Ya im definitely game to give it a shot. If someone wants to look into that for me id appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:41 am

Well, we could just start regular CTF and amterm everyone
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 11:58 am

Sounds more interesting with guns.

And /kill should REALY stay off.
Reasons have been mentioned^^
Would give some unfair posibilitys
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 12:05 pm

Gunz + /kill !

Like the old timez!
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 12:05 pm

Mereel in Server Admin Map Commands wrote:
Capture The Flag/Ysalamiri:
Suffix options:
_guns
_0regen (fast Force regen)
Prefix options:
cty_ (Capture the Ysalamiri)

ctf_bespin
   ctf_imperial
   ctf_ns_streets
   ctf_yavin
   ctf_yavin_temple

DCMoD 1.2 Documentation wrote:
ambankill
amunbankill /ambankill [player]
/amunbankill [player] BANCMDS

While affected by bankill, a player can't kill himself.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

So ctf_bespin_guns and after that ctf_bespin_0regen or what?

Also id remind that in 0regen /kill is automatically disabled so no /ambankill is needed
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2015, 3:44 am

Alright well with this new information, Saturday will be a guns CTF! 10PM GMT, 5PM EST
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jan 2015, 4:13 am

Or after thinking, is it ctf_bespin_guns_0regen?

With the guns ctf, i just want to put ahead fair warning that excessive guns usage is likely to be creating very intense fps lags so please try not to be spamming guns too much during play :3
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2015, 9:01 am

One hour to guns CTF ^^
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2015, 9:46 am

15 minutes!!
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 2:42 am

Ok so I will be able to run this Wednesday night, February 4th 10PM GMT, 5PM EST, but I will need another admin to run Saturday February 7th, and Wednesday February 11th because I will not be able to make either date so if I can get at least 1 admit to commit to showing up that would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 2:46 am

No worries ^^
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 6:23 am

Did this already start? I wanna wack at it :p

~Micr0z
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 6:27 am

Yeah its been going for a week or so mate. Come to the one on Wednesday Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

I just might half to do that Wink

~Micr0z
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm

This wednesday it will be regular ctf, around.. 4pm your timezone if i got it right (if you are gmt-6) so come ^^
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 8:52 pm

Sounds like a plan Very Happy

~Micr0z
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 6:32 am

Btw Yodah I'm not sure if that "No Worries" was you committing or not so could you clarify and if Yodah is not able to run those 2 CTF's can I get another admin to commit?
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 7:42 am

Zelah wrote:
Btw Yodah I'm not sure if that "No Worries" was you committing or not so could you clarify and if Yodah is not able to run those 2 CTF's can I get another admin to commit?
wat .. ???

Of course other admins can commit too, but I nowhere said I cant..
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 7:47 am

I'm not saying if you can or can't but I wasn't sure if you were actually committing to it
Back to top Go down
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Micr0

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2015, 6:40 am

It's here! :O Time to get dominated yoda xD

~Micr0z
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2015, 6:54 am

Yes only 3 hours! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTF Weekly Event   CTF Weekly Event - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CTF Weekly Event
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next