)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Unable to connect to the server

Go down 
+4
KingYodah
NickdeClaw
Xasomur
Kameleon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kameleon

Unable to connect to the server Empty
PostSubject: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 5:23 am

Hello Smile

I am both unable to see the server on the serverlist, as well as unable to connect to it via /connect? :/

Anyone else experincing this?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 5:35 am

yes, I saw several ppl with the problem. I had no problem and epic, vader, meanie and more were on the server. it's kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 5:56 am

Alright, I just tested it with a few executables Smile

Using the basejk exe it works just fine, but using the latest version of JK2MV, or even an older version of JK2MV, which worked just fine for me a few days ago, it simply won't let me connect to the server :/ Did any of your servers settings change the past few days?

Could be your servers firewall or something, but I am not sure. Would be great if the issue could be solved, since having to have two JK2's installed just to play on SoL rather than using JK2MV just takes up unnecessary space on my harddrive Smile Not sure if that is what is causing the server to not appear on the serverlist too, but it very well could be, which is also a bad thing, since the Raven masterserver is down atm, and hence JK2MV would be the only way of seeing it on the serverlist.

I hope whoever manage the server can look into it ^_^
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 5:59 am

i pass it along
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 6:36 am

Is the problem fixed?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 6:42 am

Yes it is Very Happy Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 6:59 am

No problem!
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 9:54 am

I couldn't connect before, then I could, then I couldn't, then I could. Wth..

Also, when I cant connect, I see in opening console message: "Unwanted challenge response. Ignored."

But I don't know what it means so..
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm

Is this before or after I asked if it was fixed, Yodah? I don't think you should be having connection problems now.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2015, 7:46 pm

Exact time stamps I dont remember, when Xaso wrote here that he saw people having problems with connecting, he wrote it after I talked to him via putty because I couldnt connect (I also restarted game couple of times that moments but nothing, and that message was there). Then when you wrote it should be fixed I could connect but soon (few hours max) later I again couldnt (the message was there again). And little later I again could. Dunno who else had this problem but if people were on server already they could play. Dunno what was happening and/or it had to do something with server list not working
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2015, 2:02 am

As you are using JK2MV, then it was probably just the same issue as I had, which is solved now Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015, 10:24 am

Same problem for me again. I cant connect at all, /recon, /connect, refresh server list or close game and open again isn't working. Plus when I open console I again see that "unwanted challenge response received, ignored" message. And my game keeps being stuck at "Awaiting challenge" screen

Help?

EDIT: just could, but seriously, what was all that above about..?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 9:02 am

I dont wanna open a new topic, because I am lazy.

Mai cannot connect to the server when 18 or more ppl are on. why is that, and what can we do about it?
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 9:28 am

Xasomur wrote:
Mai cannot connect to the server when 18 or more ppl are on. why is that, and what can we do about it?

Same thing happened to me yesterday
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 9:31 am

I think it's a problem with yavin temple being modded. We had a similar problem with Kam's 2.4 temple but it was when there were 18-20+ people rather than 2.5 temple where its 14+.

We can try go back to the original 2.4 and see if we get the same problem.

Edit: It's back to 2.4 now (Kam's version).
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 12:50 pm

Yes, a lot of people have been having problems. So hopefully now that it's back to version 2.4, more people will be able to connect and less people will have an issue. Smile (I myself never had an issue with the previous version, but the latest one has been troublesome)
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

Xasomur wrote:
I dont wanna open a new topic, because I am lazy.

The exact same thing...but only seems to happen when I use JK2MV...
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm

Yes, I don't think it has to do with the map version! This happened earlier, before Kam remodded the map, it happened now, and I am pretty sure it happened when bespin was on as well.
I believe Danek is right. Kam should inform ouned ^^
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

Maybe it's because our server doesn't use JK2MV yet?

I had problems connecting yesterday and I don't use JK2MV, so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2015, 12:21 am

Doesn't sound like a JK2MV issue Smile Been on DARK with more than 25 players before, while still being able to connect Smile And as Epic said, he had problems too, and he doesn't use JK2MV Razz

I'd still recommend you to set up JK2MV though Very Happy JK2MF is no longer supported, and JK2MV have more fixes and features, both clientside and serverside ^_^
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2015, 12:42 am

Yea, it's not JK2MV's fault. I also don't use it.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2015, 5:38 am

DARK had the same issue with 18+ players, back when they used an over-modded Bespin. After having cleaned that up a bit, they didn't have the problem anymore, and could easily have 32 players on their Bespin Smile This were half a year ago, which was before JK2MV Smile They still don't have any issues now, while running JK2MV on their server, even with 32 players, so I think that rules out JK2MV being the cause of it Very Happy

Daggolin/Boy, one of the developers of JK2MV, founder of DARK, and a quite well known modder in JK2 - already talked with Abrum about the issue, so hopefully Abrum will make a less modded version of Yavin Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2015, 7:47 am

There are 9 people on server at this very moment, and I couldn't connect for a while. I use jk2mv, if that will be next question. Bit weird or..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to connect to the server   Unable to connect to the server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unable to connect to the server
Page 1 of 1