)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

SoL american server !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miso

PostSubject: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:40 am

hai

i've offered before i think

but we were force fighting on JJ earlier and vader was all like

"yay force fighting low ping"

so i was like hey you guys don't have der merican server anymore i can give you guys that

all i would need is the configs and stuffs that you want YAFEEL

HOLLA AT ME GG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

I didn't say it like that. lol
It was more like: *uses little girl voice* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK xD

But yea, it was sooo nice playing with such smooth gameplay and being able to hit stuff alot more. ^^
I myself have no problem with it, plus it could bring the american players back. Smile

Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 2:17 pm

Like me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm

But you played even after lol

Not saying it wouldnt be bad idea, on the contrary, it sounds interesting, I just that when we had US SoL no american came there at all except the few our SoLs and even that just sometimes, most people were EU anyway. So im bit of sceptical atm..
Also, Epic still has account for our US SoL, what about that?

(I dont have problem with 140 ping unless the higher ping is stable so i can hit xD, otherwise it gets hard for me lol but US know it sometimes too xD)

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm

How many times have we got a US server only for it to be completely inactive ? There's no point splitting the clan again especially when we're trying to reach #1 on GT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 8:59 pm

Yeah I kind of have to agree with BDL. Although, if there was enough interest in a US server, I wouldn't mind restarting it back up. I still have my account for the server so it's just a case of paying again and it will be back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:27 pm

Not speaking about that it was just money waster for Epic especially. I still had glimpse of hope though that more americans pop up (I thought on Draco, Luci or Seb cuz i miss them) but paying for permanently empty server, splitting people again like BDL reminded, and the #1 wish makes me to favor more EU server than US..
Maybe it doesnt need straight new server to bring people back..

EpicJK2 wrote:

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:04 am

I'd like to mention that, none of the EU players were (or at least stopped after like the first week of getting it) going on the US server. And since there are so few american players what are we supposed to do there? Twiddle our thumbs and be bored? Of course its going to be empty because there are a small amount of players. In which case I preferred to go on EU even though I had more ping, but there were people there.

Apart from that, sure it would be nice, even though majority of the clan is EU. But what if we were to host tournaments on the US server, (ex; Epic's Sunday tourney's) and we could switch between the two. Having also ranked tournaments is also good to split between the two when having a EU vs US.

Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:26 am

why not just have an event server where you use it only for events such as Epics sunday tourney's and CTF and other events you have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 3:06 am

We were trying that in past, Mick. We were e.g. keeping yavin on EU and changing regularly various maps on US in hope to get more people on but all were coming to EU because US was empty 99,9% percent of time.
Maybe, if we were up to what Vader mentioned, since most are euros then using US every second weekend for that..?

EpicJK2 wrote:

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 3:09 am

Well in terms of hosting the tournaments on a US server, Miso tried that once and there were quite a few EU guys who complained constantly about the ping. If we had the US server again I would definitely try a tourney out on it but maybe not on the same day as the current one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miso

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:29 am

Vader wrote:
I'd like to mention that, none of the EU players were (or at least stopped after like the first week of getting it) going on the US server. And since there are so few american players what are we supposed to do there? Twiddle our thumbs and be bored? Of course its going to be empty because there are a small amount of players. In which case I preferred to go on EU even though I had more ping, but there were people there.

Apart from that, sure it would be nice, even though majority of the clan is EU. But what if we were to host tournaments on the US server, (ex; Epic's Sunday tourney's) and we could switch between the two. Having also ranked tournaments is also good to split between the two when having a EU vs US.

agreed

EpicJK2 wrote:
Well in terms of hosting the tournaments on a US server, Miso tried that once and there were quite a few EU guys who complained constantly about the ping. If we had the US server again I would definitely try a tourney out on it but maybe not on the same day as the current one.

agreed

in any case the offer was free for my server, unless if there's some trust barrier, that i could understand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:49 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
How many times have we got a US server only for it to be completely inactive ? There's no point splitting the clan again especially when we're trying to reach #1 on GT.

I have to agree with this, but still...

Vader wrote:

I give Vader one point for what he said regarding what happened in the past.

Anyway, I personally really don't mind that much about the ping, that could be because I never had a great ping (having 200 of ping in the past and now 300 doesn't change that much for me) and I treasure more to be with all of you in the server. I take it more as challenge to fight opponents having more ping than them xD

I think the idea of spliting the clan's server in two again would make it worst because it will happen the same that happened in the past. It's better to have just one server, but I DO think we should consider what to do especially with the rank tournaments, maybe it could take place on another server where pings could be close to equal or I don't know...maybe there is no real solution, but at least we could try to think in a way to do things more fair.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:03 am

Unless EU people would stop puppy about ping when they show up on a US serevr (which will neverh appen, hasn't happened in the 6 years I have beeno n jk2), or at least some EUs would join a US server (again most likely won't happen) I think it is a bad idea.

I know my vote doesn't really count cuz I am not a SoL anymore, but I am going to post my opinion if you decide to put it in public forums, specifically because I care for yall, even if I am not in the clan.

and besides, I'd hate to see Epic waste his booze money on a server for socializing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:10 am

There's no need to be flippant Angel. A) When we first got the US server the main player base there was EU players and other than the odd few people I didn't hear many complaints. Both EU and US have some players that complain about ping when on the opposite continents servers, but most just enjoy playing.

The only reason the US server died is because US players stopped playing on it, so the majority, who were EU went back to EU. Which brings me to B) I closed the server because the clan agreed it wasn't getting used and it hadn't been used for months, that's all. And I've quite happily stated, including in this thread, that I would happily restart it if there was enough demand and if it was going to get used. So please keep the flippant comments to yourself, especially when you know it's just BS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 7:44 pm

The US server turned out not to be much used, it happened and we cant change it now unless you invent some time machine to bring some past US players. We all had hopes because more US players compared to todays played back then but we couldnt know it will come out like this. Maybe some US players changed (gaming) preferences. Yes, now it may seem like unnecessary expense but we were doing it for the community (even if the effort later failed) and I think everyone was willing or at least thinking of some contribution to US part of JK2 community. I appreciated that Epic volunteered to secure US server. And even if it is closed now, it is still there for the taking if needed.
So please calm this down and just play. Enjoy the game as it is. If someone doesnt want to come somewhere, so be it. Forcing wouldnt help.

EpicJK2 wrote:

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 7:57 pm

Maybe some US players changed (gaming) preferences.

100% Agreed there so many new updates on current games i.e. Wow,swtor,diablo and also the coming of star wars battlefront, probably by end of November both JKA and JK2 servers will pretty much be empty due to the new era of games in late 2015 season.

i think personally the majority voted no it seems then i think it should be fine as it is, as with the all activity left in this game it will only split the server activity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:31 am

Lol, angel, do you Really mean what you wrote?!
SoL had a US Server ONLY for many years, without EU Players complaining. SoL had more EU Players that US Players and still we played on the US Server with a Bad ping. Once the south American members stopped playing as much and many of the us members went inactive, we went over to a US Server. It were mainly US Players who stopped coming to SoL, because they complained about ping. You Switched some facts vice versa...

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:14 am

Xasomur wrote:
Lol, angel, do you Really mean what you wrote?!
SoL had a US Server ONLY for many years, without EU Players complaining. SoL had more EU Players that US Players and still we played on the US Server with a Bad ping. Once the south American members stopped playing as much and many of the us members went inactive, we went over to a US Server. It were mainly US Players who stopped coming to SoL, because they complained about ping. You Switched some facts vice versa...

I was talking more about the people that don't sit around and talk ^^. most people on SoL it doesn't matter all too much cuz only a few do anything else aside from sitting around and talking. people like me that FFA alot can tell a difference in ping, I have not complained alot because I am used to playing on german servers, however alot of people that FFA as much as I do are not american by the very least, and anytime a US server has come up people would outright refuse to go there simply because they couldn't hit things due to pings, and it ruins their egotistical self-esteem.

and I wasn't being flippant epic, you need to take a chill pill, I was merely stating a fact. I have not seen any FFA EUers, or at least, people that are well known for their FFA potential or NF potential or whatever, step foot on a US server, and when they do on VERY RARE OCCASSIONS they blame their mistakes on ping and then leave, which ruins activity. You want to know why people wouldn't show up on the US server for months? it's because every EUer prefered the PING on the EU server, and no US player would show up on the US server, because there was so few of us and there are tons of people on the EU server, so why play with ourselves on a US server all alone when we can deal with the ping on an EU server and have tons of fun?

if you guys are going to blow up at me for stating, what seems to me very logical and obvious conclusion, and cannot stand open critisism, I might as well go back into the shadows, I was just giving my two cents to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:56 am

Angelis wrote:

and I wasn't being flippant epic, you need to take a chill pill, I was merely stating a fact. I have not seen any FFA EUers, or at least, people that are well known for their FFA potential or NF potential or whatever, step foot on a US server, and when they do on VERY RARE OCCASSIONS they blame their mistakes on ping and then leave, which ruins activity. You want to know why people wouldn't show up on the US server for months? it's because every EUer prefered the PING on the EU server, and no US player would show up on the US server, because there was so few of us and there are tons of people on the EU server, so why play with ourselves on a US server all alone when we can deal with the ping on an EU server and have tons of fun?

Wait what? So you're saying those very rare people who blame their mistakes on ping ruin activity? Lol. The activity was fine on the SoL US server when it first started and some US guys game back. It died down when they stopped playing, it's not rocket science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reaver

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:06 am

I don't want to sound very rude, but the reason the US server went is lack of American Continent players. The US server shouldn't have to depend on Europeans for activity, it should be able to hold itself with it's own American Continent players, and not sitting empty. Look, if you want to get people to play with you on a US server, sit on a US server for at least 20 minutes. Someone will come within that time usually. If not, just move on it shouldn't be as hard as cooking meth (or some other example because rocket science is exhausted) to get people to play, but you shouldn't be waiting for someone to get on. Everyone shares the same feelings - so it's a matter of breaking the ice for everyone to get through. Nobody is incapable of breaking that ice, but everyone is scared of touching it.

The reason so many American Continent players leave is because of the ice, and another factor isn't gaming as much as that generation that played JK2 a decade ago could have been adolescent back then, and have much more responsibilities now. And JK2 doesn't get media coverage anymore, so what would be the new generation of players don't play. This is further backed by how people aren't interested in duels and force, but rather guns and explosives. Pure action, more explosives, more death.

I did a small experiment with a few players on ATS server a few months ago. I gave them guns, spawned some SP bots in the hangar and let them kill them. I spawned hordes of these people, and the players who probably would've left an hour ago stayed until I had to leave. They liked the adrenaline that came with taking cover behind a crate and shooting at bots, getting killed and having to run for cover and kill more bots. Not everyone is into dueling, which plays a significant factor in how much fun people have. Nobody wants to take the time to train anyone because they're "randoms" and most people assume they'll disappear in the next hour and never play again. I argue that first impressions always play a role in getting people to play AND stay.

I conclude my lengthy post by saying that not only does cheating play a role in getting people to come back or get new people, I guess in this case American continent people (but mid-way I sort of switched my argument to every continent) but also how our behaviour, first impressions, what we talk about and if the new player get's it, and what activities we do. People who are new depend on someone for support, so TFFA is a great way to get them to stay. So bad skills don't show, and they get saving graces from other players. They'll want guns (in an FFA but a gun CTF/TFFA could be interesting) for the adrenaline because not everyone get's adrenaline from FFAs or duels. Typically until someone can build self-confidence and learn to be self-reliant, they'll want support from you. Not themself. They depend on people like you guys for help and support, don't make training a premium for members only. Offer it out if you think they could use improvement. Not everyone should have to join a clan for training, that age is over. So, old players, you'll simply need to learn to adapt to a new style of play. It's this clinging of traditions that is a part of the bigger problem.

As always, have a good day and good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miso

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:21 pm

WOW looks like i made a touchy subject d; sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reaver

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

Miso wrote:
WOW looks like i made a touchy subject d; sorry Sad
It seems some people really had something to say about this I admit. Wink I wouldn't worry too much though, SoL and any former members are usually treated as a family (provided they weren't kicked out for cheating or something else of course). Just think of most "arguments" in SoL as some family sitting at the dinner table bickering, not to detract any form of seriousness anyone wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoL american server !   Today at 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down

SoL american server !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1