)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 

Friday and Saturday Weekly Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 8:39 am

How are you doing guys? Well, as the topic's name suggests, I am planning to do a weekly event on Friday and on Saturday. The main idea is this one:

-Friday: Holocron/Jedi Master (Time is at the end of this post). One week we do Jedi Master, the next one Holocron, subsequently the week after that one we do Jedi Master, then Holocron and so on. We will start with Jedi Master this week as this type of game had the mayority of the votes in Xemnas's poll.

-Saturday: CTF (Time is at the end of this post).

Considerations:

-Type of game: We can do changes on Friday if Holocron and Jedi Master doesn't happend to be fun for people, and replace it with more CTF or with TFFA, CTY or any other game you can think of. On Saturday, it will be only CTF except you guys like TFFA too much as well; then we can do one week CTF and the next one TFFA (like Fridays with Holocron/Jedi Master event). Time and preferences will determinate this.

-Time: The time I have established is flexible and by commenting on this topic we can make a better arrange for the time if you guys are complicated with it (the limit is my personal time). I just put the time I thought you guys could make it and consider mine too. I would say that the hour of the beginning of the event we arrange should be "static" and the hour of the end of the event should be "dynamic". So then, if we all agree in the time I have set, then at the initial time the event will start, but it could finish at the ending time or when people decides it. Though I must say that if I have set those times considering my time, probably, I won't be able to be in the server after the ending time, but it depends on my program of the day too.

-Organizers/Admins: I am the one that is organizing this event and of course there would be some days that I probably won't be there due to work, study, friends, family, etc. In case this happends, then I hope that Xemnas could be there instead of me, and if not, another admin that is interested on the event could be in charge of it.

Conclusion: I hope you guys will be there and if you are not, then I will be there either way Very Happy I know we can do CTF or any other type of game whenever we want to but sometimes we don't do it because there are just a few persons or people who are on the server don't want it or any other cause which I am not thinking right now. So this should help to establish a day and a time to play together and make the habit little by little to all get together. If this doesn't work, we can at least try it. Also, this events will avoid to confront with people who are on the server and don't want to play as we would have establish a time and a day previously and even if we are just a few people we can do it anyway. So even if, for example, we are 3 vs 3 on CTF, maybe with time people would get the habit to play that day and we could be more and more.

One more thing, I am doing this events on Friday and on Saturday so that Sundays will be free for tournys (any type of tournys; tournys that we do or other people do and tournys between us or between us and other people). And I know we are doing TT now, so if there is a tourny that instead of taking place on Sunday it will be on Friday or Saturday or if an especific fight of the TT (for example the final round) is going to take place as well on Friday or Saturday, then I think we should prioritize the tournys and not our events because those rarely happend unlike our weekly events.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the idea, and I will try to be present as much as I can Smile

EDIT: Time will be establish by zones, so I don't mess up with GMT. The events will start in:

Europe

-Western European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM--> Ireland, UK and Portugal.

-Central European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM--> Germany, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, Croatia, The Netherlands, Belgium, etc.

-Eastern European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM--> Greece, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Finland, Turkey, Romania, etc.

USA and Canada (Shared Time Zones)

-Pacific Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM--> California, Oregon (most of it), Idaho (part of it), Nevada and Washington.

-Mountain Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM--> Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Utah, etc.

-Central Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM--> Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc.

-Eastern Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM--> Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Georgia, etc.

Mexico

-Mexico Central Time - Time Zone 1 - (Daylight Time) at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

-Mexico Mountain Time - Time Zone 2 - (Daylight Time) at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

-Mexico Pacific Time - Time Zone 3 - (Daylight Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

-Mexico Mountain Standard Time - Time Zone 4 - (only Standard Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Argentina

-Argentina Time Zone (only Standard Time) at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM

I have checked the Time Zones in this page http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Last edited by Light on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 8:46 am

Sounds good ^.^

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

Good idea, I'll be there. Can you post a reminder on the day please, my memory sucks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm

Epic wrote:
Can you post a reminder on the day please, my memory sucks!

Yeah sure!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Sat 16 Apr 2016, 7:06 pm

I apologize, I was supposed to be on the server at the time I have set but it seems I have mistaken the time by having GMT as reference. Maybe it's because I don't have daylight or summer time changes and I didn't consider them. So I thought I was on time but I was actually an hour late. To not screw up the time again, I thought it would be better to say the time I want you to be there instead of saying a gmt time reference because probably I will confuse the hours again.

So, the events will start in:

Europe

-Western European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM--> Ireland, UK and Portugal.

-Central European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM--> Germany, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, Croatia, The Netherlands, Belgium, etc.

-Eastern European Time Zone (Summer Time) at 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM--> Greece, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Finland, Turkey, Romania, etc.

USA and Canada (Shared Time Zones)

-Pacific Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM--> California, Oregon (most of it), Idaho (part of it), Nevada and Washington.

-Mountain Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM--> Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Utah, etc.

-Central Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM--> Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc.

-Eastern Time Zone (Daylight Time) at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM--> Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Georgia, etc.

Mexico

-Mexico Central Time - Time Zone 1 - (Daylight Time) at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

-Mexico Mountain Time - Time Zone 2 - (Daylight Time) at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

-Mexico Pacific Time - Time Zone 3 - (Daylight Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

-Mexico Mountain Standard Time - Time Zone 4 - (only Standard Time) at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Argentina

-Argentina Time Zone (only Standard Time) at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM

I added my time and Mexico just in case some latin american player wanted to join as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 31 May 2016, 11:07 am

I know I haven't been doing or trying to do the weekly events and I apologize but I have some much work to do and it's difficult for me to be on the server. So until I am entirely free, which could take a month, I won't be doing the events anymore. I think that at the beginning the events seemed to work well but then because of my poor organization and my lack of time sometimes, this lead events to failure. I was thinking about some new events though, which could take place instead of these ones, but we will see about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Tue 31 May 2016, 9:31 pm

I think you don't have to worry too much, if most people don't want to at given moments then just let them play and make their own entertainment on the whiles. Besides you aren't the only one who can turn on some gamemode or change map for an event (which I thought that Xemnas will be involved too but he seems to be busy again :/, hopefully it changes, he needs to relax too, not be overbusy all the time..), you can ask others if they can help you. See you in some event again ^.^

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday and Saturday Weekly Event   Today at 3:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Friday and Saturday Weekly Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1