)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!

Go down 
+14
Abrum
Kernow Pilgrim
NickdeClaw
Skambak
Grimlore
BlueNinja
Battledroidlover
Lelouch
Hektor
Gavin
Ajunta Pall
sebbat
Xasomur
-napalm-
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
-napalm-

-napalm-

Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 4:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello all ats clan,
i'm naPalm from <!>, and i'm a good map modder.I saw that you need a new ffa_bespin, so i'm here to ask you if i can make you a remodded version. I just need your preferences about placing models, skies etc etc.
Also i have an euro server, ...................@ (24 slots, hosted in the uk, usa people get 120 ping) but it is empty and i dont know what to do with it, so i thought that it could be ats euro server.
All i want is your trust and your friendship, because i see you are a good clan, that likes modded maps.
So well, do you want an ats euro server and a modded version of bespin?
Answer me soon Very Happy

Regards,
naPalm
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 5:38 am

Ok so i have understood that you dont want an euro server for ATS but you want a modded ffa_bespin.Right.
so well i'll need the help of some admins like Sebbat, hektor and xaso because they'll show me what they want me to put (models/textures/effects/[maybe sounds]) in this map. So i'll come to ATS server sometimes and i'll ask you to put ffa_bespin map.
To ninja
Quote :
hai /\/ab naP it would be cool to mod ffa_bespin for us, but I have a
question. Is there any way you can make the fps for that map better?
Right now, I get about 15-20 fps in bespin :/
Well ninja, the problem is with your pc, because i get 250 fps in my server running my modded map ^^, so try disabling some useless programs that use your memory.
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:24 am

We do not need another server... we are perfectly where we are now... Our server is great. And my ping in any euro server would be over 350 -___-
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:30 am

Well mates i talked to hektor today and he gave me a list of whattodo:
1)Put some chairs and tables in the admin room for all ATS councils
2)Put a sky changing under the tower
3)Make teleport ysalimaris
4)Make a duel box in the pad, where the duelers can't be disturbed by randoms.This box will be controlled by the admin room.
Si here's what i need:
1)The list of ATS councils (only HC)
2)Your opinion on that
Thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:42 am

I don't agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Gavin

Gavin

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:52 am

I agree! It's a good idea for having ATS euro because other people can join and more people will go there when it has lower ping. Lots of our ATS have euro pings too, so I think it is a great idea for us to go to euro. And a great suggestion from Napalm to ask us about his offering. I strongly agree with getting the euro server. It is a good server and will have lots of people in it. Very good!
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:54 am

-____- Latin American players woulkd have over 350 ping... and we actually have between 180 and 250... You think in yourself... and many people come to our actual server too. And its quite strange that he propose this 1 day after Admins rangebann his friend. Don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Gavin

Gavin

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:57 am

Well to be honest, you're ping is fine on .....~? Well we should also have another one where other pings are great not just a small amount of peoples. :/

Good idea for napalm! Smile
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 7:04 am

Mi ping isn't fine and my fps neither... I'ts a good idea to have a new server but it isn't the most suitable one...
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:58 am

Having two servers is a bad idea for a game with a small community. If our server were constantly full, that would be one thing. But if we have two ATS servers - as Blue said in the other topic - people aren't going to play with each other. All Euros will go to the Euro server and all non-Euros will go to the American server. We've already put a lot of effort into the administration of the American server, the price is right, and it's under our clan's control. Everyone except Fisto (New Zealand) gets an acceptable ping in the current server; not so in a Euro server, particularly those in Latin America and South America (They get the ping Fisto gets in our server).

Unless the JK2 community expands substantially, having only one server is the correct thing to do for our community. Whether that server is in Eastern USA or Western Europe is up for debate and can be changed, but the number of servers cannot. We just had a discussion on the location, and the general consensus was that the current best decision for our clan is to keep the one we have in Eastern USA because it is fair for the most people.

Perhaps the larger issue with your hosting a server for us is that you're not in our clan. You seem like a great guy naP, but our clan relies heavily on self-governance. We are able to make the best moral decisions for ourselves because we are willing to put in the time and resources to create the future we want. Anything that undermines our own control over our own future weakens our ability to create the ideal environment.

You seem quite genuine in your desire to become a trusted friend of ours, and I think it's awesome that you want to mod a map for us, I'm all for that. I'm also all for your helping us host a server, but the decision about how many servers and what location should be made based on the gameplay experience for those who visit the server and the effect it has over the future of our clan.

Which leads me to this recommendation: the best thing you could do to help us out is to donate money to keep our server running. That way we can internally choose the best location for our clan's server, and you can still be providing the same service to us. Let me know if you need the link to donate money.
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 10:22 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Which leads me to this recommendation: the best thing you could do to help us out is to donate money to keep our server running. That way we can internally choose the best location for our clan's server, and you can still be providing the same service to us. Let me know if you need the link to donate money.

Do you mean that if he donates some cash we are going to change server's location?
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 10:30 am

BlueNinja wrote:
omg grim first off you're not in ATS so you have no business posting here, and second he is going to mod the MAP not the SERVER MOD.

yes i noticed that already and it's a issue that u state it cuz ik and i have ideas for the map blue

but i noticed some things you can place in a map called "Prefabs" like for instance u can place a x-wing,etc.

but i thought if a idea for a map....

say u place a x-wing Prefab,but what if you can make it be able to spawn stormtroopers you can practice with?

and make a room where you can practice with Npcs..?
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:09 pm

I disagree with any server location change, wheather if its just getting two servers or having Nap invest in our own server to change gaming location.

Its like Rome Total War - Your capital town is decided and you build that empire around your capital town, however as you expand the people on the furthest reaches of your empire are unstaitsfied because your capital is so far away. You then change your capital location to better please those people, but only find that the ex-capital's people and the many settlements surrounding it are unstatisfied.

What I'm saying is we have adapted fine and attract a healthy community with the server location we already have, changing location will solve some ping problems yes but ultimately will create new ones (Skam for an example).

The '.......................@' server may be a very good server for ping, but the levels of control are outside our own power source (even if we were given HC it could be just as easily taken away again), problems would arise as players wouldn't expect ATS rules to be there.

Does anyone realise that Devy has HC administration on the ....................@ - I'd like to see us and him work peacefully - when the pigs fly Neutral

As to the modding idea Nap I say bravo sir! If what I interpret is righ; and that is you wish to mod FFA_Bespin for us then thanks very much and yes I would very much like that.

~K.P
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:10 pm

i sort of hate to mention it but the rules also say that Boss isn't allowed...doesn't surprise me
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 1:12 pm

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:

Does anyone realise that Devy has HC administration on the ....................@ - I'd like to see us and him work peacefully - when the pigs fly Neutral

~K.P

Lol.. you are right :S
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 2:21 pm

Skambak wrote:
NickdeClaw wrote:

Do you mean that if he donates some cash we are going to change server's location?
No not at all, I mean he can donate money completely independently from managing our server location. He says that he is rich, and so the best way to help us would be to donate money toward our server. Currently our server is in Eastern USA, and for the foreseeable future it will remain there. But in the future we could decide to move it to the hosting company's UK location. Regardless of where the server is located, if naP's goal is to help us out, donating money to help with our current server does the job just fine, and we can talk amongst ourselves about where exactly we want it (which we have already done).

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
I disagree with any server location change, wheather if its just getting two servers or having Nap invest in our own server to change gaming location.

Its like Rome Total War - Your capital town is decided and you build that empire around your capital town, however as you expand the people on the furthest reaches of your empire are unstaitsfied because your capital is so far away. You then change your capital location to better please those people, but only find that the ex-capital's people and the many settlements surrounding it are unstatisfied.

What I'm saying is we have adapted fine and attract a healthy community with the server location we already have, changing location will solve some ping problems yes but ultimately will create new ones (Skam for an example).

The '.......................@' server may be a very good server for ping, but the levels of control are outside our own power source (even if we were given HC it could be just as easily taken away again), problems would arise as players wouldn't expect ATS rules to be there.
Exactly my point. We are able to make the good moral choices that we do and foster a friendly, active server because we don't rely on anyone else; we provide everything ourselves (ie - no one can blackmail us into making decisions we don't want to). Not that this is naP's intention, but that there's no point in making it a possibility since it's completely unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 5:20 pm

Pigs fly in Country_Academy. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 6:43 pm

Please don't go off topic Abrum. As my mother says, if you haven't got anything useful to say don't say anything at all. That is a good map though I'll give you that Smile
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 10:46 pm

omg lol you started talking about the new server and you totally forgot to help me.... i already said that i dont want to host an euro ATS server anymore... so before talking about 300 ping learn to read.....
But well if you don't want to help me MAKING YOUR MAP, i'll find another clan that wants modded maps, like Ca or AoS...
(say thx to skambak who broke my balls and pissed me with all his whining :/ )
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 11:52 pm

Sad please make us a map naP a modded ffa_bespin would be really good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010, 11:58 pm

skambak was lazy reading Surprised
shame on him xD

and know nap, we'd love a modded map, and we'd love to accept such kind of present, if the present is really dedicated to us... if u rather make a map for another clan, than do it, we wont mind. if you make one for us, you shall make it, because u are convinced we deserve one, noz because u want to be the nice donator Razz
i only hope we deserve it in your eyes ^^
Back to top Go down
Gavin

Gavin

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:52 am

/amkickbann devy then? xD
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 5:51 am

Skam (everyone) would love you to make a modded map for us. But he (and everyone) doesn't really feel another server is necessary for the time being. As Nick said donating money for this server seems a good step to take. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 5:52 am

well, honestly, we dont' need the server to be euro as we don't practice much fights on server ^^. Me i just have to go to FoD or any euro server if i wanna fight, so np, it just would have been funny to have an euro server ^^
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:16 am

Yea i repeat, as i said before (1st page), i changed idea so i'll not host an ats euro server anymore^^.
But well i'll be pleased if you'll give me the list of ATS council admins.
Back to top Go down
Skambak
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Skambak

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 10:48 am

Shame on me u.u. Sorry NaP. I read a few comments. My bad :/. Not gonna happen anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!   Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want a new modded ffa_bespin and an euro server? naP is here!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next