)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
No one has a Black Flame!
Come and conquer him!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!

Share | 

Farewell

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xasomur

PostSubject: Farewell   Sun 31 Dec 2017, 10:36 pm

Dear members of SoL,

I honestly never thought, that this would happen, but it finally did. But a clan’s decision of October this year has sealed the deal for me and ended my journey with this clan. Since I am with SoL since the beginning and one of the few members to be somewhat present throughout all that time, I feel the urge for one last post. I’ve became used to the fact, that probably no-one will read my post, but that has never stopped me from posting. A proof for the fact, that I haven’t changed so much as the clan did.
I think my departure has to do with 3 major points:

1. I don’t play this game anymore.
When I picked up playing JK2 again in 2009 it was mostly out of nostalgia. It was and still is a great game, one of the best from the Star Wars universe and has the coolest and fairest lightsaber fighting set for a multiplayer game out there, that I know of. The multiplayer also offers great CTF modes and maps and lots of possibilities to goof around. It’s not just a braindead shooter. JK2 is great.
When I re-entered the game I found a great group of friends to goof around with. I enjoyed playing my kind of style with others who played this kind of style too. The whole ks’ers problem was a major one back then. But it has grown worse and worse I think. I remember how more and more we had to compromise with cheaters. Outcast’s bubble of JK2 had one good thing: It seemed like we knew who was evil and who was good. I didn’t have to deal with dickheads like Devy and Boss at eye level. My interest in the game got lost, when I couldn’t play a round of CTF without being fly a kite over by ks’ers. I don’t even remember that dickhead’s name, but he was constantly playing on our server. I am glad I forgot his name though Razz Sure: I was raging like a puppy. But that’s a sign for me, that I was not up to this game anymore. And the less I play, the less braced I am for this game. So I don’t play it at all.

2. The group of friends has mostly vanished.
The newly founded SoL wasn’t only a brainchild of mine to a high degree, it was also the place where many of my ingame friends came to. Those who joined in that time, became my friends too. I could swear the people of that time were different to nowadays. Many of them participated within the SoL we were all creating together. In other words: We all were creating SoL together. We shared the engagement into this project, which I highly enjoyed. I enjoyed writing shitload of stuff together with Kernow and Phoenix, I enjoyed arguing with Mereel and Lucifer, I enjoyed planning with Sebbat and Epic, I enjoyed solving problems with Nick and Igrom, I enjoyed testing Aju’s maps, I enjoyed meme’ing with hektor and Danek.
But over the years all those people have gone inactive, left the clan or just disappeared. Many of the new people I never got to know like that, I never grew so close to them. But the SoL we created didn’t need to work like that. Many clans only work as a group of friends. But we created SoL to work despite the change of personnel, the come and go of members. And I am very proud on the SoL we created. However: For quite some time I feel like I am a citizen of this state called SoL. I am home in this state, as it represents me and my values. But my family has gone and I feel like I am one of the last of my species. I feel like I am Yaddle: somewhat alone, but still home at the Jedi Council.
What I am trying to say: If the clan had undergone major changes, if we all started to use aimbot or admin abuse, I might have stayed under the condition, that I would still be with my friends, whose presence I enjoy. But they have gone, and the only thing keeping me attached to the game was the clan, that I thought was my home. I thought that people, who join it, would want to represent it and its values and it represented them and their values.

3. SoL has abrogated itself.
I can understand that sacrificing one’s time for a game in any other way than playing it, might be not appealing for many people. So I could pretty much understand, if there are a lot of people not participating within the democratic processes of the clan. It was sad to see, but I could understand it. Luckily we always had a minimum of members, who kept the democratic spirit of the clan alive by their hard work and commitment. Without Solid Snake, Lightmaster or Yodah this democracy would have died out from the lack of participation quite a few times. But at least it would have died with its integrity intact. Yes, I am very proud of the democratic character of SoL. But I was just as proud of the fair play mentality the clan once had - if not even prouder. It seems to me like the utmost irony that the democratic participation within a poll to make mwheel legitimate is the highest we had in ages. People, who don’t really care to involve into forming the clan and living the democracy, people who seemingly have little regard for the democracy itself – people like that use the democratic means to kill the second core value of SoL besides democracy: fair play.
If then a certain someone accuses me of disregarding the means of democracy, I feel utterly destroyed. My commitment for the democratic system has not decreased within all these years. In 2017 I have revised or newly translated many pages of texts into German for our website. The SoL System was important enough for me, to spend days in order to translate it, as many other things were translated at that point. It was also with a lot of my dedication, that we could refine our recruitment process. I used my time and influence to set up proper ways to find a democratic solution and a democratic change, instead of using my sway to just keep the stuff as it is – which I still think would have been better. But with my regard for the democracy we held, I preferred to let the vox populi be heard. As a proof for my view on these things: Just look at what happened after the poll about mwheel has passed. No-one cared to publish or enact the decision. No-one had enough care for our democratic system to integrate the changes on the official parts. “Who cares, as long as I can finally cheat?”
And yes, allowing mwheel is that big of a deal, as it should be for anyone who is in SoL.
a) mwheel is just like another kind of ks. Some say, it’s an even better ks, since you can be very flexible with it. It depends on what kind of ks you’d use otherwise of course, but a mwheel allows you to kick as efficient like a ks – and yet be flexible with it like with a normal +moveup setup. There are ppl for whom binding +moveup to mwheel has never worked, so you are basically allowing people to bind “+moveup;wait x;-moveup” to their mwheel in order to make it work. It’s a proper script. And even if you only bind +moveup to mwheel, it fundamentally changes the intended way of how to kick. You’re meant to tap a key twice in a fast manner to kick and not do one roll of your mwheel to kick. The idea of the mwheel is to do 2 moves with 1 move and it’s set up in a way, that you spam the command very often (more than twice even) with only one move, in order to make it work.
(Yes, the intention does play a role. We do quite a few things that were not intended, I understand that: strafing, grip kicking, pull kicking etc. The big difference is: strafing, grip kicking and things alike are learnable skills within the game. If you fight someone with gk and pk you compare your skill. If you use mwheel however, there’s no skill to compare in this regard. Yes, there is still footwork, positioning and timing. But you take the tapping of your jump key out of the equation. A sword fight is not the same as a shoot-out.)
b) “it’s just for casual ffa, why are you mad?” Why are you not mad? My major point is: SoL has changed. We have had this discussions before and even the most ambitious people in fighting deemed it not right for SoL to use mwheel at all. I am not sure, if there is a “right” judgement about this matter, but there was a judgement that meant a core value of SoL. Until this poll our own integrity was more important than the competition with other ks’ers. Until this poll we took pride in not relying on any cheating for our way of playing the game. Until this poll the goal of the clan was to create a better environment for the game and the weaker players to learn in peace instead of being relentlessly owned by ffa’ers and their scripts. Until this poll we wanted to lead by example. Yes, that always seemed like a high goal for me and a tough vow. And I could understand people that wanted to “level grounds” and fight those people at eye level some time. And I had a lot of compassion for those, who sometimes secretly and with remorse fell from grace and used ks to fight ks’ers. Their remorse and secretive manner told me, that they were still bound by their vow. But now the vow has been disregarded. We are no example anymore. Sure, maybe the game has been changed and maybe the clan had to change with the game. People say that since the game has come out. But if it is true now, my basic point still stands true: The clan has changed. That’s no longer a clan I want to be part of.
c) I am discouraged by the understanding of “fair play” as of late. I always thought that “playing fair” is a definite way of playing that does not change with the players, but that is bound to the game. While I see that definitions can vary, I was always ready to discuss our definition of how the game is meant to be played. If someone came up with a better definition, I would have changed my mind. And I certainly changed my mind several times over the years. When I first rejoined I only deemed NF-duels as the right way to play the game. I learned to expand my understanding by accepting and cherishing FF. And I even came to understand that FFA is a part of the JK2 skillset. But cheating cannot be part of it for the reasons stated above. But explaining “fair play” with “levelling grounds” is not working out. The principle of levelling grounds is not compatible with a definite way of playing the game. It is always bound to the levels of players and making the game even for the different approaches.
Example: If in boxing it grew popular to punch your opponent on his balls, you could approach it either by “levelling grounds” or by “fair play”. If you take the “fair play” approach you’d ask yourself what boxing is all about and what was the right way to box. Then you wouldn’t punch your opponents on his balls – even if the majority did it. But as soon as you take the “levelling grounds” approach, you stop asking yourself what the right way of playing is. You might look for whoever is in the majority (an argument that has often been used in favour of mwheel/ks), or whatever is more comfortable or more advantageous for yourself or whatever. And in the end, when everyone in boxing is now “levelling grounds” and punching each other on the balls – congrats on your achievement.
Thus the torch of fair play has died in my eyes. I no longer want to be part of this clan.

This covers my whole reasoning. Don’t even bother defending yourself if you feel offended – I’ve already tried discussing and talking it over with no success. I mean this post as an explanation, as to why this poll is the final nail in the coffin that is my time within this clan/game. I guess most of you wouldn’t have ever thought for me to leave this clan that has my lifeblood in it in so many ways. I will only take notice of those who want to wish me farewell.
I have written all of this at the beginning of December – that is one month after my decision to leave and one month before posting it. I had enough time to think it over. It’s certainly more time for me to think it over than others used to join, leave and rejoin the clan.
I am sorry if this post sounds bitter. It is. And I am a drama queen. Other leaving posts are much more beautiful than mine. But I wouldn’t have ever left, if there wasn’t a good reason for it, sadly the reasons don’t make for an emotional leaving post.
There are people I haven’t mentioned above, who I will miss nonetheless. I can’t leave without giving them a shout out! I will miss you Vader, BlueNinja, Leo, Manta, Graan, Xemnas, Gonza, Grimm, Draco, Skambak, Bacara, Cibbi, Micr0, Wolfy, Rachel, Hora, Alien, Ferret, Luke, Ted, Pip, Reaver, Meanie, Trin, Lusant, Ichigo, BlackKnight, Garret, Vort, Purplez, Enel, Joeker, Dark Master, Peace, Dudeman, GGM and more, who haven’t even been in SoL. Don’t be sad, if I didn’t call your name here. If I forgot to mention you, I will miss you even more once your name crosses my mind!

I will be around until all my official positions are taken over.

Farewell! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Mon 01 Jan 2018, 1:10 am

Ich habe alles gelesen und stimme dir voll und ganz zu.
Weiter gibt es da nichts zu sagen.

Was ich aber unbedingt loswerden möchte ist: Danke! Danke für alles was du diesem Clan gegeben hast. Es macht mich traurig einen so wertvollen teil des Clans zu verlieren.
SoL wird sich mit dem wissen das du nicht mehr da bist leer anfühlen.

Ich wünsche dir ein langes glückliches leben <3
Und wehe du schaust nicht hin und wieder mal vorbei!! Sonst werde ich dich finden Razz

For all you nosey kiteflyers: Don't bother translating this. Just some hearty sad stuff with much tears Razz

I would like to engrave Xasomurs name in a new place on the special members list.
He might be gone but I will not stand for it if his name is forgotten!

SoL's torch might be extinguished in his eyes. But all it needs is a little spark to set it on fire again.
And if the day comes where we burn as bright as we once did, Xasomurs name shall come to mind!

Goodbye dear friend <3

)>SoL<(~Xemnas

)>SoL<(~FM Forum Moderator

"Then allow me another question. You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark—never given a choice?"

"Very good. You don't miss a thing. I cannot feel... sorrow... No matter what misery befalls the worlds. No matter what you think, what you feel, or how you exist."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Mon 01 Jan 2018, 4:57 am

Goodbye Xasomur. I might not have played with you in great numbers, but i know who and what you were for SoL. Good luck with your life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Mon 01 Jan 2018, 4:59 am

It's as you said Xaso, I'm surprised that you're leaving. It won't be the same without you.

I feel bad for not being around. But sadly life comes first, and trying to do both is hard. I've tried and it didn't really work so. That's why my focus is on school for the most part. I want to be able to succeed so I can have fun once I'm done. Though I'm aware that things are looking grim. With people leaving and that not much is changing in terms of cheaters. Cheaters will be cheaters, and that's how it'll always be. When was the last time a cheater decided he's going to quit cheating? For good I mean. Not just temporarily.

Technically there's a way of getting rid of cheaters and that's if we have our server use a password to connect to. Which has it's good and bad points. On one hand we'd have peace, but on the other hand we'd only be able to play with members, so for those other players we enjoy playing with will not be able to join. The most efficient thing I could think of is having 2 servers, one open and one closed to the public.

Anyway this isn't really the place for that. It's sad to see you go Xaso, you'll be missed greatly. Good luck with life and everything else. Smile

Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Mon 01 Jan 2018, 5:10 am

Damn, I wasn't expecting this, although after reading your post it's understandable. SoL really won't be the same without you mate. I myself have stopped playing purely cus the game isn't fun for me anymore with it being full of trash talking, cheating, FFAers it's only with fleeting visits that I find a small part of enjoyment in it.

Vader's idea is a good one though, maybe a second server exclusive for SoL members wouldn't be a bad idea, who knows.

Anyway, I know you've thought about it for a month already Xaso but you can always change your mind! If you do commit to it though I wish you the best of luck in your life and hope we stay in contact, its always fun playing games and chatting with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Light
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Mon 01 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm

I can't say I didn't think of  this possibility, but I never expected to actually happen. I thought of the possibility because I knew you didn't like the result of that poll, includying others, like myself. I voted "no" in that poll and I can totally understand your way of thinking. I have accepted what the clan decided. Part of me didn't really knew anymore who was right at some point, but I decided that I will continue to fight for what I believe is right in this clan. I can't agree more to what you describe as what fairness is.

I don't have the words to express how sad is that you are leaving and how much I admire you as member of SoL and as a person. I don't care if you are being a drama queen xD and if there are some people that don't want to reply because they felt offended or just don't agree with you, is fine, but let me advice them that this might be their last chance or at least a great opportunity to say farewell to a member who contributed with his time and life to this clan, like it or not.

Part of your life is "recorded" here, so I don't think this is an entirely "goodbye", and even if that wasn't the case, you will still be in our hearts and in the roads that you have left for others to transit.

Thank you Xaso, for being part of this clan and for all that you have done for it. We are in debt with you, not you with us. I wish you the best for your life and I hope you will visit us if you feel like it.

Gracias por todo, Xaso!! Te vamos a extrañar!! Smile

Last edited by Light on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 3:58 am

Will you be available on steam though? Because every time I felt like dropping a word or two to you, whether it was to discuss some technical matter about forum or server setting or chit chat just like that, later it was coming without any reply so over time I stopped trying to say something because I knew I would be talking only to a steam window. Not very enjoyable..

Nelson Mandela wrote:
No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 4:00 am

@ Xemnas
Ein langes und glückliches Leben? Ist Spock in dich gefahren? ^^ Ich bin immer noch auf Steam zu erreichen. Ich wünsche dir auch nur das Beste, mein Freund!

@ Exi
See, you are one of those, I will miss even more now, after I haven't put you on my list. Sad Good luck to you too, Exi!

@ Vader
I don't mind the cheaters on our server. I mind the people, that change themselves to be more like those cheaters. A secluded server doesn't help.
I wish you just the best!

@ Epic
Like I said to Xemnas: I am still on Steam. It still automatically starts, when I am at my PC. You know how to reach me! (Still I wish you only the best as well!)

@ Light
I am in debt of you all. I've spent a big part of my life with this game and this clan. It totally had an influence in shaping who I am. And thus I owe you all.
Te voy a echar de menos también! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 10:02 am

Xasomur wrote:
@ Xemnas
Ein langes und glückliches Leben? Ist Spock in dich gefahren? ^^ Ich bin immer noch auf Steam zu erreichen. Ich wünsche dir auch nur das Beste, mein Freund!

Bezeichnest du mich grad als Trekkie? xD

)>SoL<(~Xemnas

)>SoL<(~FM Forum Moderator

"Then allow me another question. You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark—never given a choice?"

"Very good. You don't miss a thing. I cannot feel... sorrow... No matter what misery befalls the worlds. No matter what you think, what you feel, or how you exist."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 11:28 am

Xaso,

I have regrets that you and I never had a chance to forge a stronger friendship over these few years. Mostly, it was my fault. I burned bridges with people, and regrettably I will never have the opportunity to build new bridges with those people. You however, always welcomed me home to SoL, and that always spoke volumes to me about your character, your spirit, and your leadership.

I can't actually remember a single instance where you and I have disagreed on pieces of legislation for our clan. I have only one medal, and it is the Medal of Synergists, and I was only able to learn to speak my opinions because I trusted in what I can only describe as, your infinite wisdom. I am grateful to you, for helping to teach a 15 year old nobody from America that his opinion mattered.

And, as usual, I share your sentiments with mwheel. I am disappointed that it has made you feel as much to leave. I wish you wouldn't, but that would be a fickle thing to wish. I'd like to thank you for all these years of your service, The SoL System, server hosting, etc. There are too many accomplishments to list. So just thank you for just being you.

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/timbo_lord
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaweo/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMrGDj3cTmT_UTfd6m-0KQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

@ Leo
I was just a 18 year old nobody from Germany when this all started. I just taught what I learned in the process: We all matter. Thank you for your kind words! All the best wishes to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 5:12 pm

Xasomur, thank you for making this clan experiment possible. You have been integral to the creation and maintenance of the moral fabric of SoL since the beginning, and so many of our systems were spearheaded by you or bear the mark of your labor.

As you have left your mark on this clan and this game, so too have you left a mark on me, personally. I think about you often in my daily life when I encounter various moral dilemmas or civic duties, and of course when reminiscing about the past: our heated debates, our problems solved, our achievements, our failures, our hope.

It was an honor to live and to fight alongside you in this virtual world. Maybe someday our paths will cross elsewhere. Until then, you'll remain in my thoughts. May the Force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob
Sith Adept
Sith Adept

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Tue 02 Jan 2018, 11:28 pm

Farewell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:19 am

@ Nick
oh man, those words hit me right into my heart, especially coming from you. You were somewhat my rolemodel for how to treat people - especially in disagreement: having the best idea means nothing, but finding the best solution for the problem; don't try to win the dispute, but make everyone a winner. Alot of what I learned from you in particular didn't only shape my personality, it also helped in my life and my career. So thank you for that! May the Force be with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:09 am

I also remember that during first days of recruit I was being constantly hunted by some whacko and Xaso gave me member password so I could safely teleport to training. But I refused to use the password until I became full member. Do you remember this funky adventure, Xaso? Or how much I wanted to beat you be it in NF or FF. Hopefully you will give me chance one day again ^.^. Or how much good but also bad things we were through (you need those too to become better self). Not gonna say farewell, that would give you chance to disappear. I'll prefer saying See you later!

Nelson Mandela wrote:
No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:26 am

@ Yods
of course I remember all of it! You've always been like a full bottle of youthful-enthusiasm-soda. I guess you knew that, that's why you chose it as your name. You just left out the "outful-enthusiasm-s" and were left with yoda. I'm not gonna uninstall - so who knows what the future holds. (But please don't get your hopes up high...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob17

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:09 am

Can't believe it mate take care, you will be missed from SoL and the game itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelah

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 3:22 am

Have to say I’m a bit disappointed. For all the times we have argued with or against eachother for points over the years, I didn’t expect you to lay down and give up so easily. While I haven’t considered you a friend for years (I don’t think we need to relive that drama :p) I respected you from a distance and how you stood for things, and fought so hard for things you believed in, something I like to believe we have in common. I firmly believe allowing mwheel is better for SoL, which I made fairly obvious in fighting for my friends in SoL who felt their voice wasn’t heard in asking for their idea of fair play... however my understanding of that poll was that it was fairly close with at least 1 member who voted for the poll leaving since then. I expected you and others to fight back (and I mean that in a good way), but instead you gave up after just 1 vote. I understand your other reasons, and why it might not be as worth it to fight for this as if you had more active friends in the game. As a member of the “younger” generation of the game, I too would probably lose interest when my close friends started fading into activity.
All that to say I’m sorry to see someone I at least respected stop fighting for something they believe in, and even though we haven’t been close for years, I’ll always remember my earlier days when you helped me in game or through different things in the game. Maybe a challenge to fight back or find other ways to see the good in SoL from someone you probably see as a rival to stay will be a kick in the pants, but if not I wish you well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 6:11 am

Oh, I was ready to fight and I tried. But it seemed like I was the only one. They seem to value activity higher than integrity. And I was accused of being undemocratic. Clearly time for "the ruler" to quit.
You don't see what happens behind the curtains of the member section - and idk with whom you talk about what happens there. Obviously not with one of the "relics".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelah

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 7:34 am

If that’s how you see it so be it. I know about most things behind member chat, and after the vote passed there was no further communication about trying to undo it until now that you made your topic, which was maybe the goal of it. Frankly the only reason I posted was because I think you staying involved and in SoL is what is best for SoL and like I said... I fight for what I think is best for my friends in SoL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 7:43 am

I kept discussing the matter after the poll was over. When Yodah told me, I was trying to undermine our democracy by this, no-one else was even bothered to post. I at least hoped - for democracy's "sake" - anyone of the so called officials would implement the changes, which has not happened to date.
My goal is to leave this behind. This is not a clan anymore I can feel attached to. There is no need for me to stay around anymore, since I am not attached to this game anymore either. Not trying to sway anyone. A majority is beyond reasoning - they don't even bother to discuss. That's why I still prefer arguing with you more than staying here. Luckily, in a few days, I won't even need to argue anymore. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danek

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 8:47 am

I'm heartbroken :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Sun 07 Jan 2018, 8:54 am

No one was probably bothered to post because (some) people probably thought that if they channel it through me, it will be enough. Well, won't. Also the so called officials were elected by so called members of this clan, it simply sounds bit derogatory to me, the "so called". You were also "so called" official. But I don't intend to go single inch further into this. But yes, any other official could do things.

Nelson Mandela wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:00 pm

I figured leaving the clan was something always beyond the founders. Considering the time and effort spent to create that closest creation to a great community. Of course a great commnunity comes from diversity. Diversity is a double edged sabre...
Family never get on, and go through stages of  great difficulty. It's draining and not ever fully appreciate. But it's neccesary to prevent the world being populated by boring robots.  

Everyone has their time for continued administrative tasks and efforts that essentially keep the clan motivated and active. I love everyone who has taken it on at some point in the last decade. Our tides of activity flood and ebb. Mine is past. Perhaps yours too. Never though have I considered you to leave that which is formed so in your fingerprints.

I would seriously will you to reconsider the position to leave because you are not a person with whom that decision or annoucement is taken lightly. Though I do not doubt your deliberation and ultimate decision to leave I hope some part of you recognises that a nice lazy break away from the game and/or clan is just as healthy if not more so than walking away forever.

People fill those laborious boots but small supervision, experience and sound support is what guides us. Ensuring that whilst occasional paths are taken against our better judgement we trust in time or tide for it to be recorrected and it normally has.

Your membership is the most integral. Your core and foundry to the clan is to its epicentre. Your efforts of productivity and due deliberation for the clan is unparalleled. You were my greatest rival for all the best aspects; and for that reason one of my closest and oldest friends in the game.

I would've voted no too.

Aufweidersen (German goodbyes are more optimistic than the English ones) x

Onen hag Oll

~Forum Moderator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:19 pm

Xasomur! I thought I'd never see the day that you would leave the clan: I just want to say that, you are gonna be missed greatly in this clan:*( Still to this day I reminisce about the good ol days, literally spending 6 to 7 hours straight (or in between breaks lol) dueling and socializing with everyone. The memories will stick with me forever, especially the memory of you Xaso, you were always kind to me, gave me multiple chances and was really patient with me, on the server and forums. You always accepted me back into SoL when a lot of times I didn't deserve it, also remember the ff duels, and your legendary gripkick lol. We gotta stay in touch man Smile I hope everything goes well and things work out, love ya broski!<3

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell   

Back to top Go down

Farewell
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next