)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Sign up here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Incredible game..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Incredible game..   Tue 06 Apr 2010, 7:21 am

First topic message reminder :

http://en.akinator.com/ play it and get awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 10:16 am

It didn't know Seth Green, and he is a pretty low famous actor/producer (He runs Robot Chicken).

Well when you put it that way, yes it has in the database all of that stuff. But you are taking it too serious. It isn't suppose to know EVERYTHING. Just the common knowledge, which is funny and cool in the same fact. For example, I tried out a president (George Washington), and after... 50 tries? lol, it finally got it. I was a bit disappointed in that. But as I said, don't take it that seriously.

The game is based on a self-correcting program. The common knowledge it has is because it is what most people think of. It has all answers put in there, but you somehow "Beat" him, the program corrects itself, so it doesn't make the same mistake in the future. So, for example, it will have basic knowledge of the more common, modern actors/writers/porn actors/ politicians/ singers/etc. Cause that is what most people think of. So don't blame the program. Blame the stupidity of our people. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 10:25 am

no... i blamed the ill working education.
all the time we waste in school, when we dont get any knowledge out of it for ouselves, as something i am proed to know... or just interested in.
education now divides our lifes in fun and work... though it isnt like that at all.
even worse is: in the end, regardloss of what the teachers praise, the kids will only remember and study the fun things.
this game proves it. but i cant blame the ppl for that.

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 10:41 am

Why should people strive to do things that aren't fun? I didn't realize there was a rulebook on life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 11:00 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Why should people strive to do things that aren't fun? I didn't realize there was a rulebook on life.

Because of the system, the governments want control and for everybody to conform to that system. They say eduction is for the greater good, and i guess it is. Unfortuantly sometimes eduction and the system that surrounds it, can be a little too much like dictatorship for me.

If i wasnt intrested in a subject, i had no drive to succeed at it. (A concept that teachers, education governers and politicians alike, fail to graps) scratch

Ive always thought that education needs to be more enjoyable......................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 11:58 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Why should people strive to do things that aren't fun? I didn't realize there was a rulebook on life.

KARMA! You said actually how I feel!

Also, yes the school system is a failure, for the government has too much control. I see it as the "big brother watching". Also, for example, they control our subjects too much, like History. Many in America was told that the Boston Massacre was all the British fault. About 75%-80% of Americans still believe this. But they don't realize it was us that started it, and that it was thanks to John Adams that the British Soldiers were able to walk free.

As the saying goes, "History is only written by the victors, not the losers".

Gladly for me, on a personal note, I was homeschooled, so no government controlled my education. And now I am in college, at the age of 17 ( Would of been 16, but took the summer as a break from school) :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 1:05 pm

Mereel wrote:
Also, yes the school system is a failure, for the government has too much control. I see it as the "big brother watching". Also, for example, they control our subjects too much, like History.

History is a pain in ass, the only thing we learn from history is that nobody ever learns from history, ah the irony.

RE is what really pisses me off, thats relgious eduction. There are still many catholic schools in britain, and the study of RE is mandatory in all of them. What sort of career is their to gained from the study of relgion? Oh yeah, become a preist. Great, a dovoted and celibate life. As far as im concerned their is nothing more unnatural than somebody leading a volentary celibate life. That is why i dont like the catholic church. (despite the fact i am catholic! ironic again! xD)

I know this sounds awful, but the only reasons i that i believe anybody would want to become a preist is that:

They are awesome, but refuse to accept it because of their religion or family veiws, so they become preists in order to distance themselves from that fact (there was a huge unroar a few years ago in Britain when sereral catholic preists were arrested for being inapporpiate with young boys)

OR

Thier parents were devoted catholics and forced their child into the preisthood, or are somewhat brainwashed into it.

I cannot see any other reasons why somebody would have an ambition for a life in the clergy.

And on the subject of schools, i dont think religion should be a part of the them. More ways for the catholic church to control and get hold of people, and where better to start than young innocent minds. But it also gives a devide between normal schools and relgious schools because the religious guys think they are better than everybody else. Think about religion, its the cause of half of the wars in the world, and ever since their has been relgion, blood has been spilt in its name. To me, relgion revolves around control, simlar to what a government does, only more eccentric.

I dont like relgion, but people assume because i say this that i dont believe in god. This isnt true. To me, religion and god are two totally different things. One can believe in god without going to church, or being religious. (something that religious people both frown upon, and do not understand).

When i was a kid, my grandma (who i still live with now) was a devoted catholic, and although as ive grown older her eccentricity as reduced, when i was kid the basis in which she decided whether on not somebody was a decent person, was on the fact of whether they went to church or not.

Obviously this is wrong, but many religious people share this view, which happens to the be the exact oppisite of the churches teaching which state that everybody is equal, regardless.

What also gets me angry is how the church feels it can make rules of sex, and relationships, and contraception. Its so wrong. How can people who have never had sex, tell other people who are having sex, how to have sex?????

And i thing stopping all contraceptions are wrong to. The church states that even if a woman is made pregnant through rape, she should still have the child, and not an abortion. I means that is just extremism!

Grrrrr thats the end of that rant anyways, ive gone way off topic


Mereel wrote:
Gladly for me, on a personal note, I was homeschooled, so no government controlled my education. And now I am in college, at the age of 17 ( Would of been 16, but took the summer as a break from school) :p

Well homeschooling wouldnt happen in britain anymore, attandance at a public school is now mandatory to all minors in the country, more way for the government to increase their grip on our youth.

Apologies for the off topic Wink


Last edited by Phoenix on Thu 08 Apr 2010, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 1:08 pm

Please don't get me started on my feelings of religion.....

Also sorry for being off-topic. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

Omg, this started like a funny game, and now its a debating of history and religion xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 1748

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 2:25 pm

I just wanna applaud phoenix for that mind reading speech! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Thu 08 Apr 2010, 9:38 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
Why should people strive to do things that aren't fun? I didn't realize there was a rulebook on life.

happily i didnt ever say to do things that arent fun.
i only say that the division in school and hobby is irritating, because things of school not always have to be boring... things can even be fun. things can be interesting at least.

i only said that i see how the most kids are striving to just get distance from school. and anything whats happens there and relating to it, is shit, crap and boring. but its wrong.
and its the schools fault, that kids get this categorized way of thinking.

i actually never saw a teacher who connected stochastics to poker. it would be so easy. and i know someone, who took a break from school after 10th grade, because he was so bad in maths. in that time he played alot of poker. finally he decided to make his school complete. and suddenly he was a pro at stochastics... which is why he got through maths...
and guess what: stochastics even were fun for hm.
wohoo... xD

(i wont say anything about religion. in time mankind will overcome this obsolete crutches of civilization.)

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4357

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 4:35 am

Xasomur wrote:
happily i didnt ever say to do things that arent fun.
i only say that the division in school and hobby is irritating, because things of school not always have to be boring... things can even be fun. things can be interesting at least.

This is the problem, the schools take too much time, (or maybe not enough xD) on assessing teachers that know their subject and that are intelligent. However they dont think about whether the person they are about to employ is actually good at TEACHING. If they have a degree, or are an expert in their field, the chance are that they will get a job in teaching. The trouble is that the system doesnt seem to understand that just because these people are clever doesnt mean that they have the skills in which to actually pass this information on to other people. To me, being a good teacher isnt just about knowing your stuff, its about getting your point across effectively so that others can learn things from you. Many teachers just fail to do this, they have all the answers, but they cant tell students about them in a way which can them make them learn them answers. More emphasis needs to but on teachers actually being good at making other people learn. Some teachers are so bad that the only thing they can do is create hugely boring lessons where u read textbooks, or read from a whiteboard. Its a shite state of affairs, the teacher just drones on in monotinous tone, and all the students loose the will to live whilest listening or doing work. Teachers need to be more charismatic, and actually attempt to make their pupils LEARN something by making it intresting.

And textbooks! For effing hell sake! Whats the point in having a teacher if i need to read the textbook in order to learn something! "OI! TEACHER! why dont you put down your cup of coffee, i'll close this goddam textbook, and you can actually attempt to teach me something you lazy bastard!" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol Wink

Xasomur wrote:
(in time mankind will overcome this obsolete crutches of civilization.)

I dont have a millenium xaso..............................................lol Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 549

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 6:42 am

jjaajajja esa cosa tiene pagina o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12854

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:57 am

many points here may go to teachers...
but imagine under which conditions some of the teachers have to work: work on several schools, get paid low, because ur school (governed by the state at least here in germany) keeps you under the full payment limit, and you may even have to give lessons you didnt study. for example, if you study latin and history, like me, you still can teach maths. you only cant take final exams. but if the school needs a maths teacher... then you could be screwed... they only have to see my 15 points in maths in the last years of school (15 is highest Razz) and i am screwed.
i can imagine, that many teachers are just screwed by the conditions.

second point is, that many teachers werent born and didnt even strive to be a teacher. many of them are just broken scientists. to dumb to stay at university, not fulfilling the hard conditions of bachelor and master... (like here in germany, the conditions for bachelor and master are... incredible... me as someone who is going to be a teacher anyway... its ez. E Z) so... many of the teachers actually never wanted to deal with kids.
(not to speak of the fact, that i know some very special teachers. we had a teacher, who got a mark 4 (1 best 6 worst) in french in school, and still teaching it ^^

but i think the most problem lies in the system: the lesson contents. for example in music lessons you finally learn the new age synth music :/ no-one likes it, no harmonies and no influence at all. it is the content of 45 minutes to tell about is. rest of the half year you can talk about the real new music. i mean in history you learn until the end of the cold war (here in germany) but your music stops beginning of the 20th century...
and i am sure that a modification of the material you have to learn in school could help it alot. fact is: school is quite far away from your own life. at all. i see that it may be hard for some to see the importance of ancient history... but some things will stay exceptions. and still you can change the image of the school. linking fun to school, creating interest for knowleadge in the kids.
school is particially and for many doing the opposite...

and i am convinced that a system change will help more than a teacher change...
a good system should be so well thought, that it can fix the errors, which are made at some place, can be fixed at another place.
and it doesnt.

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 2697

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

Omg you guys have turned a simple fun little game to pass the time with into a full-blown argument.

I love you guys. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micr0
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight


Posts : 674

PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Sun 11 Apr 2010, 8:00 pm

lol it is addicting its fun: the guy got my first one right it was Hannna montana lololololololol i jest cam up dont HATE lol. and my secend guess he dint get it it was Darth revan lolol.

but a very fun game
~Micr0~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Incredible game..   Today at 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Incredible game..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» problem with the game : no control over the moves of the pc
» Worst Video Game You've Ever Played
» Video game addicts, help me pass my class.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Cantina-
Jump to: