)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Can anyone try to connect?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

Can anyone try to connect? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm

I'm bored so i decided to set my own server up. It's been a while since i had a server, and now that i have a new router, it just doesn't seem to work as i thought it would.
It doesn't show up on the server list. But it does show on the Local list but has [UDP] on it. I have port forwarded the ports. So if anyone could try to connect via the IP to see if they can connect.

IP's:

Use "connect" via the console to connect, i'll leave my server open for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

i was able to connect using the second ip adress, also, why are you not there (0_0)''
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2013, 10:22 pm

Good, and i was on the SoL server. Now i know ppl can connect, but i don't know why it's not showing on the list.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 12:00 am

imposible to connect.
1 : it said map waterbuble, map : ffa, ping : 0
2 : now it says map : ffa, ping : 0
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 6:32 am

I thought you have to pay a company to host a server ? o.O
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 6:34 am

some isp's do not allow you to host a server, as written in the tiny letters. but anybody can turn a computer into a game server. the only drawback is the expensive cost of having it running 27/7 and the severe security risk to your everyday internet use.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 6:35 am

You can host your own server, Acrobat does it often, just search google on how to set it up Smile
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 10:46 am

192.168.1.65 is a private address for your LAN. IP addresses starting with 192.168 are not routable on the internet, which means you can never connect to an IP address starting with 192.168 unless you are logically on that network too. So other computers at your house could connect to 192.168.1.65, but someone across the street or across the country could not.

78.73.83.55 is your public address, which is what the rest of the world sees as the address for all computers behind your router.

The reason you have two addresses is due to something called Network Address Translation (NAT). So since all computers behind your router have the same public IP address, no one can connect to your computer unless you initiate the connection or you set your router up to use port forwarding to your private address 192.168.1.65. For JK2, port forwarding occurs on UDP ports 28060-28062 and 28070-28081. Setting up port forwarding for JK2 means anytime someone tries to connect to 78.73.83.55 on one of those UDP ports, your router forwards the request to your private address of 192.168.1.65.

To get your server to show up on the list, type these two commands in the server console and make sure you get the appropriate responses:

sv_master1
(Response: "sv_master1" is:"masterjk2.ravensoft.com" default:"masterjk2.ravensoft.com")
dedicated
(Response: "dedicated" is:"2" default:"2")

If they're not set properly, set them in your configuration file with these lines:

seta sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"
seta dedicated "2"

Or just set it in the server console with:

sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"
dedicated 2

If things are working, every minute or two you should see the server console reporting:

Sending heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com

You can manually send heartbeats by typing in the server console:

heartbeat
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
192.168.1.65 is a private address for your LAN. IP addresses starting with 192.168 are not routable on the internet, which means you can never connect to an IP address starting with 192.168 unless you are logically on that network too. So other computers at your house could connect to 192.168.1.65, but someone across the street or across the country could not.

78.73.83.55 is your public address, which is what the rest of the world sees as the address for all computers behind your router.

The reason you have two addresses is due to something called Network Address Translation (NAT). So since all computers behind your router have the same public IP address, no one can connect to your computer unless you initiate the connection or you set your router up to use port forwarding to your private address 192.168.1.65. For JK2, port forwarding occurs on UDP ports 28060-28062 and 28070-28081. Setting up port forwarding for JK2 means anytime someone tries to connect to 78.73.83.55 on one of those UDP ports, your router forwards the request to your private address of 192.168.1.65.

To get your server to show up on the list, type these two commands in the server console and make sure you get the appropriate responses:

sv_master1
(Response: "sv_master1" is:"masterjk2.ravensoft.com" default:"masterjk2.ravensoft.com")
dedicated
(Response: "dedicated" is:"2" default:"2")

If they're not set properly, set them in your configuration file with these lines:

seta sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"
seta dedicated "2"

Or just set it in the server console with:

sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"
dedicated 2

If things are working, every minute or two you should see the server console reporting:

Sending heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com

You can manually send heartbeats by typing in the server console:

heartbeat
I have port forwarded, i have added those lines, and i see the heartbeat. But it still doesn't show up. And on my server name on the Local list it has "[UDP]". I hate my router Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone try to connect?   Can anyone try to connect? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone try to connect?
Page 1 of 1