)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Need help with my server.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

Need help with my server. Empty
PostSubject: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm

I need help with my server, as i've had this problem for weeks now. And i have no idea how to fix it, i've tried everything i could find on the internet, from port forwarding to setting my router on fire. Need help! D:

The problem is, my server is not showing up on the Masters list, at all. I am sure i have the correct masters set in my configuration file. I've tried many master servers but all of them are the same. And i am positive that my firewall isn't blocking the jk2ded.exe, or the ports. - anyone with knowledge, please help? Very Happy

The server isn't showing for other people neither. (i know I am not able to see it except in the Local list)
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013, 10:25 pm

I think what you might need to do is to open these ports on your router by using its web-settings.
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013, 6:10 am

mantA wrote:
I think what you might need to do is to open these ports on your router by using its web-settings.
That's what I have been doing for 6 weeks now, i've opened literally every damn port there is to open, and that's not the problem. I think there is no solution for my problem, since i can't find anything i haven't tried yet.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeSun 01 Dec 2013, 12:13 pm

If I were you, I would try running a dedicated server on another machine (or partition) with a different operating system. Ideally Windows XP or some Linux distribution. I can't remember the specifics of virtual machine network operation, but if the host operating system doesn't get in the way of the VM's network communication, you could also try running a Linux virtual machine and hosting it through that.

You need to figure out if the problem is with your machine's configuration, with your network, or with your ISP. I've never had problems hosting on Windows XP or Linux, but I have had problems with Vista and later. So if it doesn't work with Windows XP or Linux, you can be pretty sure the problem is with your network or your ISP (probably your ISP based on what you've said in the past).
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeSun 01 Dec 2013, 12:47 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
If I were you, I would try running a dedicated server on another machine (or partition) with a different operating system. Ideally Windows XP or some Linux distribution. I can't remember the specifics of virtual machine network operation, but if the host operating system doesn't get in the way of the VM's network communication, you could also try running a Linux virtual machine and hosting it through that.

You need to figure out if the problem is with your machine's configuration, with your network, or with your ISP. I've never had problems hosting on Windows XP or Linux, but I have had problems with Vista and later. So if it doesn't work with Windows XP or Linux, you can be pretty sure the problem is with your network or your ISP (probably your ISP based on what you've said in the past).
I do have my old PC, wich is Windows XP. But the specs on that is terrible, but it might be enough to have. But I am not sure if I have a power cable for that, but it doesn't hurt to try it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeSun 01 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

I tried hosting it on my old PC, it was the exact same problem. I think i'll just give up now. Sad
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeSun 01 Dec 2013, 11:37 pm

To open a firewall on the router you can only apply the settings on one pc. And i think it does not matter if the specs are terrible. it s just a server.

And about the virtual machine, you have to set your network on "NAT" which should share the same network point to communicate to the internet. But i might doubt that one might work.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 7:41 am

Shotty, there are only a few reasons it might not be working that I can think of at this point. I think there's a chance that your router is configured to handle traffic destined for your network in a way that's making it seem like it's not on the list (to you) when it really is (to other people).

I'd like to test connecting to your server some time. Let me know what your server name is and when it's online so I can test it.

Last edited by NickdeClaw on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 7:56 am

Well, i've been asking lots of people all the time if they see my server on the list, and the answer is No, of course. But people can connect via the I.P so that's not really the problem. But sure. we can test our way fourth!
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 8:13 am

Oh and here's the I.P, i have the server online right now.

I.P: 78.73.83.55
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 10:45 am

So Shotty and I just used TeamViewer for about 2 hours and his server still doesn't work. I can say with 97% certainty that the configuration on his computer and his router are correct, and all the network communication seems to be working properly. That pretty much leaves edge case computer software bugs or router bugs, the ISP blocking certain communication, or Ravensoft blocking his area or IP address. So basically, no realistic solution unless another router fixes the problem. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 10:46 am

Yep. Sad
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Dec 2013, 11:00 pm

Ow that s too bad now.... did u guys tried setting up with the bat file with

+set dedicated 2 +set net_port 12345

?
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitimeTue 03 Dec 2013, 8:09 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with my server.   Need help with my server. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with my server.
Page 1 of 1