)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2

Go down 
+4
Xemnas
Kameleon
EpicJK2
Kernow Pilgrim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Empty
PostSubject: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 11:11 pm

Bad news peeps.

I'm upgrading my macbook so it can take in some new programmes (ProTune etc...) that demand a higher OS X level than the 10.6 (Snow Leopard) version I currently have.

When I recently upgraded my Mac from Leopard (10.5) to Snow Leopard and tried to run JK2 a couple months ago, it insisted upon a 'rosetta' installation to play the game. This turned out to be a translator programme Mac uses to translate Power PC code to run on Intel processors.

You guessed it - I did a software search on all my applications in my system profiler and JK2 MP is a Power PC coded programme.  Rolling Eyes  

Information Week wrote:
You must find all your applications that require PowerPC or Rosetta support. OS X Lion and later supports neither and will effectively kill off anything that amounts to PowerPC support.

Source: http://www.informationweek.com/how-to-prepare-your-mac-for-os-x-107-lion/d/d-id/1098911?

This was confirmed on Apple Forums for Yosemite also (which I'm aiming for).

The only solution I can think is that I could still play JK2 on steam right? But would I still have a base folder or will I lose all my .cfgs/skins/maps? Sad

~K.P
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jan 2015, 11:21 pm

I'm not sure how it works with Mac, but just copy your base folder onto a memory stick or external hard drive and then when you get JK2 on Steam on your new\upgraded laptop you can just copy them onto that.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2015, 1:15 am

Install the Steam version and then copy all of your skins etc to the new base folder; should work Smile
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2015, 1:36 am

There should be a base folder in the game dir in your steam folder.

And that is why I don't mess with apple xD I repaired one for a friend but I actually had no idea what I was doing.

There is a deep hate and rage inside of me for apple Very Happy because it made me go nuts when I had an ipod touch and had to use itunes xD worse thing ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2015, 6:35 am

You could run the windows version trough WINE, i did this the entire whole of 2013 and early 2014 and it ran great.
https://www.winehq.org/

It takes a minimal toll on your system for older games. And for clean bought games from a nice source there should not be much to fear for viruses.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2015, 7:50 am

Thanks guys for the help it seems to others as well that steam is the only but perfectly viable alternative. I've chatted with Phoenix on social media and he told me the same thing. He wants to say hello to everyone in SoL btw he is heavy with work and those who know him well will know that he is being as productive with his time as he can and sees JK2 and other games as unneccesary distractions from higher priorities.

I have a new Macbook now peeps! Nick I hope you read this part because I didn't want to post in the old troubleshooting topic about my computer problems. I decided to take an Apple finance plan of 12 months repayment 0% APR, pretty good deal seeing as I know I'll make the full amount in that time (1600 largeones poundsterling it costs in total :S).

I am not a gamer, so I don't need amazing graphics. The new mac interface is amazing, it's a light portable 15" and slim as a pancake, 16GB Ram, Quad Core processor and 9 hour battery. The Apple editing software is just what I need to use my new GoPro and handle 4k footage, this is where most of my time is going.

Sorry I've been inactive this month but like a lot of the old crowd, you'll find we just hover along from time to time and have our bouts of heavy community/gamer input. Miss you guys and hope everything is ok!
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2015, 8:21 am

Lookin' forward to see you again ^^ (say hello from me to Pho, use even smoke signals but transmit the message xD)
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2015, 9:43 am

KERNOW COME BACK TO ME!!! <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2015, 3:21 pm

Kameleon wrote:
Install the Steam version and then copy all of your skins etc to the new base folder; should work Smile

That's the first thing that came to my head! Cookie for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2   OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OS X 10.7 Onwards Hates JK2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Hardware/Software - Troubleshooting-
Jump to: