)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand

Go down 
+2
KingYodah
Xasomur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xasomur

Xasomur

jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Empty
PostSubject: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

hey guys. all you ppl using jk2mf and/or liking ouned stuff and/or interested in jk2 development
and NICK

check this out: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 10:55 am

I am also wondering what will happen or what is eventually needed to set up after installing jk2mv (and if it wont screw my settings or server list..)
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

JK2MV is amazing; you'll love it Very Happy

Btw, all maps in base should be moved to JK2MV/base, since that is for all the clientside stuff; the old base and gamedata folders are mostly for serverside stuff Smile

It draws info from 3 different master servers (Ouned/JK2MV, JKHUB, and Raven), so unless all servers are down you should not have all that many issues Smile I don't know, if your server is set to send heartbeats to JKHUB or not, but if not, and both the Raven and JKHub servers are down, and Ouned's JK2MV server is the only one up, then you might have trouble finding the SoL server on the list, IF you guys are still blocking Ouned's server that is Smile
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 1:09 pm

why is it amazing? I met someone yesterday who said that as well, but he couldn't explain it... why would a normal player like me, who enjoys jk2 on 800x600 resolution, need jk2mv?

thats for me personally... maybe Nick sees a good reason to use it for the servers
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm

I don't know what it brings to the hosting table. There's a mention that it provides "fixes for all known security bugs". Clientside or serverside?

As far as clientside goes, you'll be able to see and play on servers of all versions of the game: 1.02, 1.03, 1.04.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

Multimaster support:
The serverlist draw info from both the JK2MV master, the JKHub master, as well as the Raven master, which means that even if one of the servers goes down, you will still be able to see most servers (If they are sending a heartbeat to more than one master that is) Smile

Supports 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 in a single executable:
This in it self is amazing. No longer having the need to use multiple JK2 folders and exe's in order to play the different versions is wonderful; I used to have three JK2 folders on my desktop :'D This could eventually bring the communities a bit more together too, e.g. many from [DARK] have started to play 1.02 as well (They even have a server there), and there is even a few from 1.02 who have given 1.04 a go Very Happy You can see all servers on one serverlist (With icons indicating which JK2 version it is) or filter the list by game version Smile They also recently added a "Bot filter", which you can enable to not see the amount of bots on a server, but only see real players Very Happy

Fast ingame HTTP-Downloads with a dialogue asking you for permission before downloading files to your computer:
The HTTP download system is essentially the same from JK2MF, except that on the clientside it will ask you if you want to download the specific files, before just downloading them. This could be useful if e.g. you do not want to download some strange clientside that the server would have forced down your throat with JK2MF, since you can then simply click "No" Very Happy

Fixes for all known security bugs:
Regarding the security fixes, this is both on the clientside and on the serverside Smile Most of the serverside fixes (Though not all; I doubt many of you know about the flag-eater-bug Very Happy) you are probably familiar with:
q3infoboom, q3fill, q3dirtrav, q3cbufexec, q3msgboom, R_RemapShader
vm-writedll, connless-packet-dos, namecrash, forcecrash, rconblocking
teamcmdcrash, galaking/broken-models, emptyuserinfo, donedl-flageating
userinfo-flooding, turretcrash

On the clientside it also fixes a BIG security hole, which essentially allowed people, with knowledge of evil haxing magic, to send a DLL file from the server to the client using tricky means. As you can hopefully understand, this is a big fix in itself, since people could essentially send you a virus through the game; JK2MV have fixed this hole (I cannot remember the other things it fixes on the clientside, but I believe there is a few other things too) ^_^ Very Happy

Multiplatform: Windows, Linux, MacOSX
Multiarchitecture: 32 and 64 bit support on all platforms
:
For those on Mac and Linux this is a big plus obviously Smile

Dynamic glow: Better looking lightsabers with the dynamic glow feature from JKA
Although this isn't anything big, it still looks beautiful in-game, and you can turn it off if you dislike it Smile

Support for modern screen resolutions:
For people like me with 1920x1080 monitors, this means no longer having to use console commands to set a modern resolution ^_^

Minimizer: Press the Windows key in fullscreen mode to minimize (Windows only):
Built in minimizer Very Happy

Tons of other fixes and improvements in the engine, see the changelog for detailed information:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is also Opensource​ (GPLv2) for those interested in checking out the sourcecode for it Smile

I can highly recommend this Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 9:48 pm

gotta love the minimizer, it will be very similar thing as in CoD, you press Windows button and you are outta game on your desktop ^^

I also viewed some random files from it and if I was IT guy (sometimes I wish I was lol) I would understand much better the code xD. I am familiar with at least names of the security flaws lol (at some im guessing what they are and in some I don't know)

I guess this is cool enough to try ^^
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info Kam ++. It definitely looks like a great program from that list so I might try it out when I load up JK2 next.

With the fix of that security issue where it could send .DLLs to your computer does that mean there's now no security issues with the program when it comes to unwanted files being downloaded?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 10:41 pm

EpicJK2 wrote:

With the fix of that security issue where it could send .DLLs to your computer does that mean there's now no security issues with the program when it comes to unwanted files being downloaded?
There shouldn't be any issues anymore no Smile JK2 have always filtere DLL files, but some people found a tricky way to abuse a qvm to do evil magic and unpack a dll file, which basejk was vulnerable against, but JK2MV luckily fixes that Very Happy Other than that it will only suggest files that are packed in PK3's, and as for clientsides it only works with qvm clientsides and not the ones using the evil method Smile

And other than that, as mentioned, you will get the option to say "Yes" or "No" to each individual file before it is even downloaded Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 11:24 pm

thanks Kam, the post is really appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2015, 11:27 pm

And the installer has cool icon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 10:10 am

Kameleon, I have question on you, I cant exec my .cfg in jk2mv, how to get it working pls?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 6:27 pm

KingYodah wrote:
Kameleon, I have question on you, I cant exec my .cfg in jk2mv, how to get it working pls?
After successfully installing JK2MV you must move all of your maps/pk3's/skins (Or in your case a few configs as well) over to the JK2MV/base folder, which will be your new clientside "GameData" and "base" directories. The only files you must leave in the original GameData/base folder is the asset files, since JK2MV need those files to stay in the original directory Smile

The only time you would ever need to have other pk3's in your GameData/base folder again would be if you wanted to homehost a server or something Very Happy

I hope that answer was of any help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 8:09 pm

Just things from jk2mf base or also every other thing outside base (but inside gamedata) ?

I also forgot to specify, the cfg i wanted to exec was my login cfg (it said *couldnt exec*), i reckon it was because i didnt move all above mentioned things to jk2mv?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 6:34 am

KingYodah wrote:
Just things from jk2mf base or also every other thing outside base (but inside gamedata) ?

I also forgot to specify, the cfg i wanted to exec was my login cfg (it said *couldnt exec*), i reckon it was because i didnt move all above mentioned things to jk2mv?
Move all maps/skins/other pk3's from GameData/base you'd like to keep (Except the asset files) to the JK2MV/base folder Smile If you have a config with binds in e.g. your base folder, or in your case maybe e.g. the dcmod folder (Whatever that folder might be called on the SoL server), then you can move that too of course Smile If you only want the config to work on the SoL server, then simply create a folder by the same name in the JK2MV directory, and if you want it to work on all servers just move it into the JK2MV/base folder ^_^
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 7:36 am

Thanks ^^

Also, question, I don't see data rate (the ISDN, LAN/Cable, 56k thing), is that a problem or..
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 9:44 am

KingYodah wrote:
Thanks ^^

Also, question, I don't see data rate (the ISDN, LAN/Cable, 56k thing), is that a problem or..
That is normal I believe Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 9:48 am

I just that I could choose data rate while I was still being in jk2mf, now I cant (and don't also know what data rate is now up for me because in jk2mf it was occasionally changing from 56k where I tried to keep it, now if something else is there I cant change it)
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2015, 8:31 am

Another question, Kame. You have any idea why I have to launch jk2mv 5 times till it starts working? First four attempts it always 'stops working' and is successfully launched only at 5th try
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2015, 4:05 pm

KingYodah wrote:
Another question, Kame. You have any idea why I have to launch jk2mv 5 times till it starts working? First four attempts it always 'stops working' and is successfully launched only at 5th try
Hmm, I have never experienced that myself, nor have I ever heard of anyone else with that issue :/ Sorry :/
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2015, 7:12 pm

Well not always it happens but often (so far) i had to launch it multiple times, immediately after launch it stopped working (and i dont want to wait till it decides to react again so..). I have files copied correctly
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm

It wont even run on 'old' hardware with xp service pack 3 + every single update ever released up to 2014.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2015, 3:02 am

Hmm, interesting. Well, I'd recommend contacting Boy or Ouned about this through the JK2MV contact page, since they as the developers might be able to provide more help than I Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand   jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jk2mf / jk2mv / ouned / and maybe more things I dont understand
Page 1 of 1