The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Artus_Topside bots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demon

Demon

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 3:42 am

Not sure if this was on purpose or something but the bots on this map won't stop jumping. It's not that big of a deal but it's kinda hard to just straight attack them. I know I can use force but I'd rather stick with the old fashioned slice and dice.

Anyways if anyone would like to play. I'll be here until 2:30-3:00 CDT

*By the way Flendo good job putting this map on MP. Loved this LVL in SP.*
Back to top Go down
Flendo
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Flendo

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2018, 9:10 am

Bots jumping around because there is no bot file for that map and other sp maps.

The reason why bots not jumping on yavin_temple is that we have that file in pk3.

If i make this bot files for sp maps i will put them on pk3, and if one time i got admin i will replace bsp files with pk3(for sp maps) and set it like yavin_temple (normal bots and jk2mv not ask me for download  base jk2 map),and until then we can reduce the number of bots on sp maps...

~SoL Member
~SoL Coder
~SoL Mapper
~SoL Clan Manager

Artus_Topside bots B_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111
Artus_Topside bots B_560x95
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 3:51 am

Wrong. Bot route files does not need to be in a pk3 to work. The reason your bots walk on Yavin is because either Abrum or Darthshoot made a route file. It has nothing to do with then being in a folder or a pk3.

I would just disable bots on maps where they have no route if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 4:35 am

Not sure if I misunderstood something you wrote or not, can be quite difficult to follow at times, sorry. Would have simply edited my post, but the SoL permissions prevent me from doing so.

But to clarify: Just like BSP files for SP maps doesn't need to be in a pk3 to work, bot routes doesn't need to be in a pk3 either. By not being inside of a pk3 file you don't need to worry about blacklisting the pk3's either; they will simply not be offered for download as they are not in a pk3 to begin with, but as they are SP maps people can join with no problem.

Depending on how the server is set up you might not be able to simply delete or update a pk3 without shutting down the server first either (I think I can on commUnity, but I can't do that locally), which would be a downside seeing as you update the SP maps quite often at the moment.

I'd recommend to just keep both routes and bsp files in the folders, rather than inside of pk3's. Far easier to manage that way.

If you do decide on putting it all in a pk3 anyway, at least blacklist the pk3 for download, so that people aren't asked about them every time they want to join.
Back to top Go down
Flendo
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Flendo

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 8:05 am

@Kameleon I know everything what are  you said,but I tried to make it as easy as possible for those who do not understand!
Maybe somebody does not know refblacklist.txt!!

~SoL Member
~SoL Coder
~SoL Mapper
~SoL Clan Manager

Artus_Topside bots B_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111
Artus_Topside bots B_560x95
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2018, 11:17 am

Flendo wrote:
@Kameleon I know everything what are  you said,but I tried to make it as easy as possible for those who do not understand!
Maybe somebody does not know refblacklist.txt!!
That's my point. If you put them in a pk3 and don't want people to be promted with a download box, then you would have to blacklist it.

If you simply have the bsp files and bot routes in folders, and not inside a pk3, then you wouldn't need to blacklist them at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Artus_Topside bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artus_Topside bots   Artus_Topside bots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artus_Topside bots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: