)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 In the Spirit of Cooperation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Posts : 2740

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

I've always believed in SoL and it's values. I don't want to diminish those in any way.

I also hate politics, it gets dicey and lines are drawn. Unfortunately, politics often hit close to home and affect us on a much grander scale.

I'm a patriot at times, and overly dramatic to boot, and because of that I've decided that I've stayed quiet long enough and I feel as though it's time to make an official statement.

This statement, and the document below, will likely alienate me and it's an unfortunate consequence of doing what I believe to be the right thing.

I can no longer continue to be associated with someone who frankly, demonstrates a lack of vision, an uncooperative demeanor, and just blatantly disrespectful.

My hope is that is you're in SoL now and disagree with what I present here today, that you understand in the future.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6cy9nbbsBPawz64bVxdAw2Wp_oBBf364JVzuCThyhg/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you very much.

___________________
)>SoL<(~Leo
Igrom wrote:
the thought you'd ever pass a cyan examination is hilarious.


Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/timbo_lord
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaweo/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMrGDj3cTmT_UTfd6m-0KQ
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Posts : 2740

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 7:53 pm

Igrom wrote:
What is SoL's Discord server, anyway?

Are you asking because you want an invite, or are you just asking in general?


Xemnas wrote:
This is just unreal...
I don't have any words.

Can you please explain this Xem?

___________________
)>SoL<(~Leo
Igrom wrote:
the thought you'd ever pass a cyan examination is hilarious.


Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/timbo_lord
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaweo/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMrGDj3cTmT_UTfd6m-0KQ
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

Posts : 2344

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2019, 8:08 am

Seems like this is bring alot of former members back to this topic, might as well put my 2 pieces in also.

We all had our ups and downs over the years, and had moments where we were frustrated with another person or themselves. What you do with that moment and learn from it is how you become a better person. Yodah did a ton of work for this clan over the years, especially when i observed and was more involved with the clan. He did a ton of work when it came to organization on the server and forum work here. You have to understand everyone, that we are human. We make mistakes everyday and regret that. The result of those mistakes should take it to heart and convert it to wisdom. Everyone that I know at least on this particular topic has done something stupid here or on the forums. (aka thx laaaaaaf on me :>)
We have to move on and learn, this is how a family is made and to lean on one another during tough times. If there is a frustrating moment going on with a person, approach them, give them options and try to figure out how to solve the solution rather than doing the blame game. Blaming does nothing, look at the real world for instance. We blame one another for all of the faults in our life, rather than fixing our weaknesses and becoming a better person to help this planet down the road.
Help one another, work together as a family, and together this clan will survive until our earth is flooded (aka thx climate change :>)
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Posts : 2740

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2019, 8:37 am

Lucifer wrote:
If there is a frustrating moment going on with a person, approach them, give them options and try to figure out how to solve the solution rather than doing the blame game. Blaming does nothing, look at the real world for instance. We blame one another for all of the faults in our life, rather than fixing our weaknesses and becoming a better person to help this planet down the road.

We used this option many, many times for about a year. This topic wasn't at all our first response to this situation and here simply is just the culmination of our frustrations.

Lucifer wrote:
The result of those mistakes should take it to heart and convert it to wisdom.

You'd think so right? Not at all what was occurring and I'm trying to accurately convey how serious this was/is. There's not much good in helping a person if that person doesn't listen.

___________________
)>SoL<(~Leo
Igrom wrote:
the thought you'd ever pass a cyan examination is hilarious.


Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/timbo_lord
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaweo/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMrGDj3cTmT_UTfd6m-0KQ
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

Posts : 1149

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jan 2019, 10:25 am

Leonardo wrote:
Igrom wrote:
What is SoL's Discord server, anyway?

Are you asking because you want an invite, or are you just asking in general?

I did not know it was a private server, though I was unable to look it up in any Discord search engine. While I scarcely play a video game nowadays, I think it would be cool to check up with clan members and other regulars I used to play with.

Did you consider opening the server to the public?
Back to top Go down
devyyyy



Posts : 55

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jan 2019, 12:34 am

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 BPyuXGu
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

Posts : 1429

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

What are we doing here? Blaming Yodah for confronting and influencing in people in a negative way so that they feel the urge to leave the clan? Just a single person can do that? Are we trying to put everything that has been a negative or toxic thing during last year and concentrate it into Yodah? What about the behavior of other people, like Zelah, Devy, Boss, etc.? Are they responsable for this negativity too, for traiting Yodah like a "disease" as they speak right now? What about ourselves? Are we all responsable in a way for all this outcome?

You know guys, 2018 was a complicated year for me and I didn't contribute much to the clan and couldn't stay too much in it's dark moments, which in a way I regret but also real life knocks my door, so I don't have as much free time as before. Also, my interest of playing the game decreased to the point i stopped playing and I am just checking the forum when I can or feel like. So if you want to ignore my opinion because of my inactivity and not being there in the real facts or missed things, do it.

But I want to say, that I understand what people are saying about Yodah and his attitude. I know, really I know and see that sometimes a talk with Yod can get kind of "heated" or "annoyed", but also from what I KNOW I don't think Yod has never had bad intentions or wanted to get people frustrated or annoyed, but just discuss the matter. In fact, on the other hand, I have seem people discredited him or making fun of him which could result in him acting like in the screenshots Leo showed us.

To make it clear, I don't think he is responsable for making people leave. Yeah people could feel frustrated with him but I don't believe someone would leave a clan or a game just for one person. Otherwise i would have left the game long ago because of Devy, for example.

I trust Yod, and even if he has his flaws (pretty much as everyone else, includying myself), remember he has done also a lot to make people STAY in the clan. He even have listened to members and also supported their points of view sometimes. He stood for people who, whether i agree with them or not, were conflicted with the issue that they thought some rules needed to be changed or were impractical or at least discuss the matter. He had the patience to help people with the tasks of administrative positions and encourage new people to be part of these positions. He had contribute to democracy and speak and debate even if people don't agree with him.

Maybe he has to change his attitude, maybe this even can help him be more self aware and be better when talking. But punish him and/or make him leave the clan? I could be biased but no, sorry, I won't vote for that.

One more thing. If I have stayed in the clan this long and especifically this last year, is also because people like Yodah, Xemnas, Trin, Vader, etc. are still here.


Devy wrote:
Hahahaha its actually insane how Yoda still doesn't realize he did anything wrong but tries to blame it on "his perspective". Shut the fly a kite up you mong, its not everyone else that is wrong. Its you.

What a particulary choice of words! Have you looked yourself in a mirror? I guess you are too narcissist and arrogant to see the truth behind yourself.

Zelah wrote:
Difficult real life situations suck. I’ve been through some really bad things in my personal life as I’m sure others did, but I didn’t use it as an excuse to treat anyone who disagreed with me like a lesser person. You’ve already had one person express interest in rejoining SoL since this topic was posted. That should speak for itself.

You are right Zelah! You are a Hero! Let's give you a medal for not being the worst person you could have ever been. But can you say and swear that you never have looked down on someone or acted bad or did bad things based on bad things that happened to you or that people did to you? Not ever? Not recently? Of course it's not justified that a person can harm or do bad things to other people just because of the negative things they did or happened to him/her, but people have feelings and can sometimes get upset and act (because of that) in a way they naturally are not, and you have to understand that also to comprehend and empathize with people.

Zelah wrote:
From the very beginning he was disrespectful and condescending in the way he spoke to me, and basically anyone who didn’t agree with him.

Zelah wrote:
I left sol 3-4 years ago because of Yodah. This isn’t a recent thing. Even I who clearly dislikes Yodah a lot recognize he did a lot for sol with forum work... but that doesn’t outweigh the number of people STILL leaving your clan because of him.

If you left SoL 3-4 years ago because of Yodah, then why you didn't say anything about it? And if you did, it was really the only reason you left the clan?
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

Posts : 2740

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Feb 2019, 9:10 pm

Light wrote:
What are we doing here? Blaming Yodah for confronting and influencing in people in a negative way so that they feel the urge to leave the clan? Just a single person can do that? Are we trying to put everything that has been a negative or toxic thing during last year and concentrate it into Yodah? What about the behavior of other people, like Zelah, Devy, Boss, etc.? Are they responsable for this negativity too, for traiting Yodah like a "disease" as they speak right now? What about ourselves? Are we all responsable in a way for all this outcome?

There's literally photographic evidence of Yodah causing a member to leave in this very topic. Gotta say, I'm a little shocked that the evidence is literally laid out neatly and some are still doubting that this even happened. There it is. It happened. Sometimes people have rough years.

Obviously there's been some unsavory behavior and words from multiple people and I want to know what it's going to take for people to stop pointing fingers at each other.

We're asking a lot of questions and offering no discernible answers. I think asking if leaving a clan because of a single person is possible, then i'd have to say that it's very obviously possible. People make impressions, believe it or not.

Light wrote:
I have seem people discredited him or making fun of him which could result in him acting like in the screenshots Leo showed us.

I don't think Shotty's screenshot, Jakat's black flame tourney, or harassing Rep to make a vote showed any instances of discrediting or making fun of Yodah.

Light wrote:
You are right Zelah! You are a Hero! Let's give you a medal for not being the worst person you could have ever been.

Why are you doing this? You're better than this.


And here brings me to my last point:

Light wrote:
I trust Yod, and even if he has his flaws (pretty much as everyone else, includying myself), remember he has done also a lot to make people STAY in the clan. He even have listened to members and also supported their points of view sometimes. He stood for people who, whether i agree with them or not, were conflicted with the issue that they thought some rules needed to be changed or were impractical or at least discuss the matter. He had the patience to help people with the tasks of administrative positions and encourage new people to be part of these positions. He had contribute to democracy and speak and debate even if people don't agree with him.

We all want to trust Yod. We want to keep him.
But this isn't a contest between who's been more "toxic and negative". We're wasting time.
I can understand people going through tough situations, and Yodah and I spoke about his own.
The fact is even if it was tough, he never asked for help, he never turned down an admin position, and unfortunately his frustration got the better of him at times.
Personally, I want to be there to support him. People DO make mistakes, and I would know.


The topic is titled "The Spirit of Cooperation" and I intended that to mean SoL. It's about working together to make us stronger. I wish the guys at JiP and fod the best and mean no disrespect, but I don't care what they're doing because we need to focus on us. I hope others feel the same!

___________________
)>SoL<(~Leo
Igrom wrote:
the thought you'd ever pass a cyan examination is hilarious.


Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/timbo_lord
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaweo/
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMrGDj3cTmT_UTfd6m-0KQ
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

Posts : 2228

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2019, 12:10 am

Yes Light I can 100% say that I didn’t let real life events effect my attitude in a video game... it’s not real life. If it was a one time thing, nobody would have an issue... but claiming “real life issues” for 6 years is just bogus. I thought you would think more of me than this but I guess not.

Yodah was not the only reason I left, but he was the primary reason. I never posted in a public forum about it, cuz frankly I didn’t have the balls to do it back then, but I told plenty of people in private conversation.
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

Posts : 1429

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2019, 6:48 am

Leonardo wrote:
Light wrote:
You are right Zelah! You are a Hero! Let's give you a medal for not being the worst person you could have ever been.

Why are you doing this? You're better than this.

Probably, but I guess I am just tired to see the hypocrisy I notice around here and in some people who likes pointing their fingers and condem others as if they have been a perfect role-model of a player and of a person themselves during all this years. Yes, I am being a hothead right now because this is all too sad imo.
Back to top Go down
Flendo
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Flendo

Posts : 414

In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Feb 2019, 3:03 am

Let's finish this

This has to stop, if we continue this way, this will expand and increase...
As a Member and Admin of the clan, I will finish this..."KingYodah" will not be kicked out of the clan and i hope things will be fine.

In order to create peace in the future, I ask everyone to respect each other and only this will show a something new.

From now, this topic will be locked in order to avoid possible consequences. if is necessary the topic can be unlocked!!

___________________
)>SoL<(~Flendo

~SoL Member
~SoL Coder
~SoL Mapper
~SoL Clan Manager


In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 B_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111
In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 B_560x95
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
In the Spirit of Cooperation
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» The Spirit of Temptress
» Duct Tape Day! [5/22/13]
» Full Moon Quests

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Clan-
Jump to: