First topic message reminder :
here is a quick tuto for a default model ( no teams ) :
1) Go in base, open assets0.pk3 with winrar/winzip/pakscape, then extract the models/players/***** folder of the skin you want to edit.
2) Go in base/assets0/models/players/******/ and rename ***** to the name of the skin you want to have. For the example we use mickey with chiss
3) Go in base/assets0/models/players/mickey/ and open the file model_default.skin with notepad. You should have this :
On this file, the line commands tell the game what file ( its location ) is associated with what part of the model. So you want it to lead it to your folder, so you have to replace each chiss by mickey, the name of the folder :
/boots_hips.tga -> hips,models/players/mickey
and you do that for each line ( DONT TOUCH AT THE STORMTOOPER/CAPS.TGA LINES !!!! )
When that is done you save your file.
then go back in mickey folder, and delete all files with _red or _blue ( to save room, and get the folder more clear ).
4) Now you edit your pics, with gimp or photoshop, what you have ( not paint ^^ ).
5) once that is done, you create a new archive file ( use pakscape, it's better : open pakscape, select new at top left
), select pk3 type at bottom scroll list.
Go in base/assets0, and here select the folder models, copy it, and paste it in pakscape window. Then save in pakscape, with name mickey.pk3 ( DON'T FORGET THE .PK3 !!!! )
, in your base folder.
6) Now go in game, and do in console :
and you got your skin