)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpha'

Alpha'

Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Empty
PostSubject: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 2:24 am

Im Ineed of some help Im looking for some one who knows how to set up a server on escape turky i paid for it....all i asked from outcast is 1 simple thing to see if he could get my server up for me he did the oppsite to it.....

all the files are on there the mod we want etc OM mod i dont have a clue what outcast did but it not working soo here.if anyone knows to set it up and get it running ill be much appreicated about it thanks me and Kameleon has both tryd its somthing we both dose not understand....

If you no how to do it.....ill send the pass though so you can help me out with this Outragous mess tht someone did. thank bia

https://178.162.237.224:20000/

Username:jedimic_1
Password:*********** If you want pass pm me if you now to do this thanks
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 2:56 am

I don't have time to set all the specific CVARs that you want, but I can get your server up and running for you. Send me the pass via PM and I'll get you started. Also, I suggest that you NEVER do this again after your server is working on a basic level, because I guarantee someone will mess your server up and lock you out of it. Really you shouldn't even be doing this in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:08 am

oka....Thanks nick....its i just dont have a clue.and the mod plus server config is already on there.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:25 am

Okay, it's running. Remember that right now you have it set to use your myconfig.cfg first and THEN your server.cfg file. So it will load the settings in myconfig.cfg, and then it will add and change any CVARs listed in server.cfg.

If you want it to only use myconfig.cfg, then you should delete server.cfg from server_config2 in the "Edit Jedi Knight 2" option from Custom Commands and restart the server.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, tell me what CFG(s) you want it to load when it starts and I'll change it for you.

ONCE YOU'RE DONE GETTING HELP, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD! Smile
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:41 am

errm what just the Main Config so server.cfg

And thanks M8 ill change pass after Smile
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:43 am

Ok you only want server.cfg working? I'll change it.

Edit: Changed.
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:48 am

will the mod still work
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:48 am

It's using the mod right now.
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:52 am

Oka thanks m8 1 more thing how do i do bots
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 3:58 am

seta bot_minplayers "4"

When there are fewer than 4 players on, it will fill the remaining spots with bots. Without adding custom bots, it will choose standard bots like Kyle, Desann, Tavion, etc. If you want custom bots, you need to create them yourself. I recommend a program called Botmaker, as well as looking in the JK2 assets PK3 (I think it's assets0.pk3) and seeing how they configure it. Basically you need a folder called "botfiles" with .jkb bot personality files in it, as well as one "bots.txt" file that lists the contents of all the .bot files that Botmaker will generate. You then zip the botfiles folder into a pk3 and put it in your /base directory.

If those directions don't make sense to you, I recommend messing around with Botmaker and finding the botfiles folder in assets0.pk3 to see how they do it. If you go the /botfiles/bots.txt route, the /scripts/ folder is unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 4:12 am

Oka thanks m8 i did the bots
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 4:19 am

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 5:06 am

How do i get my lame protect on etc flood and how do i get the game tracher thing {Kameleon wants it but i dont how will you be able to set tht up for me plzz
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 5:53 am

Thanks so much Nick for your help with Coca, it's what I hoped for because Coca approached me and I know nothing about this kind of configuration.

Tell us what the server is on the lists Coca Smile - Outcast probably didn't want to help you because he doesn't want any competition against his server, it's natural for him.

Is it the UG server btw?

Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 6:02 am

Yeah it's the UG server. I can't help you with lame/flood protect, but here is the JediTracker code for a website:

<!--Start JAcker Code-->
<IFRAME SRC='http://www.jeditracker.com/ja/tracker.pl?ipaddress=178.162.237.224&port=28070&bgcolor=333333&titlebar=000000&display=cdcdcd&window=333333&language=' WIDTH='450' HEIGHT='170' FRAMEBORDER='0' MARGINWIDTH='0' MARGINHEIGHT='0' SCROLLING='no'></IFRAME>
<!--End JAcker Code-->
Back to top Go down
Alpha'

Alpha'

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 6:35 am

http://ugjk2friendhood.forummotion.com/

Here is the forum i made Smile i hope you like it

The server is UP ...........................................UG

Thank you Alll
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 11:31 pm

well idk what mod you are currently running but if you are using OM mod as i read in your first post, then it is the same cvar name like DS-online - so you need to set it like this:

seta g_dsChangeTime "5"
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 11:31 pm

it is for the anti flood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}   Help wanted Asap {help get server up please} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help wanted Asap {help get server up please}
Page 1 of 1